Got a Biomotor Unitron! ...now what?

Well, I just won a Biomotor Unitron today from ebay, for a reasonable price. I payed $30 for it, which might be slight over-priced considering the label is a little scuffed, but I just really wanted this one.

But... now what? Completing my NGPC collection was way easier than I thought it'd be, and BU was the rarest game on my list... The remainder is all common stuff, save for the two Japanese games I want. I guess it's weird that instead of being happy I've almost completed my list, It feels weird not having anything else to search for. Like if the Coyote ever caught the Road Runner. Hmm...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Play and enjoy the game you just bought?

Play and enjoy the game you just bought?
It ain't here yet!

^ thats the one.

it's not about rarity. it's about enjoying what you got.
I'm not so concerned about the rarity. It's just, having been looking for so long and now having nothing to hunt for. I guess I can work on some of my other system's collections now. Try to hunt down an Atari Video Cube....

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
It ain't here yet!

I'm not so concerned about the rarity. It's just, having been looking for so long and now having nothing to hunt for. I guess I can work on some of my other system's collections now. Try to hunt down an Atari Video Cube....

Or you could actually play stu.....

Know what? Never mind. Carry on.

Or you could actually play stu.....

Know what? Never mind. Carry on.

Why does everyone assume I'm not going to play these games I bought? Do people actually pay for games and not play them? I'm gonna play them, it would be stupid not to. But I still like hunting for games too. Otherwise I wouldn't do this. I'd just use an emulator or something.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I guess it's weird that instead of being happy I've almost completed my list, It feels weird not having anything else to search for. Like if the Coyote ever caught the Road Runner. Hmm...

Collecting is like that, if the collection is ever finished, the project is over... Sad, really.

Only remedy: look for new things to collect. You could for example look for games in better condition.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Why does everyone assume I'm not going to play these games I bought? Do people actually pay for games and not play them? I'm gonna play them, it would be stupid not to. But I still like hunting for games too. Otherwise I wouldn't do this. I'd just use an emulator or something.

I would say over 75% of collectors DON'T play the games outside of testing them to make sure they work. Collecting is just that, spending money so you can tell other people how much you spent on XX game. Sad really.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
He payed $160 for a game he can't play? Why?

because this is the attitude of a lot of collectors now. shelf candy. not about playing- about the collecting.

this is why your inital post set off this series of replies. i was just answering the question you asked.

Well to be fair, I understand the desire to collect. Like I said, if I didn't, I'd just use emulators. But I don't see the point in owning a game and not playing it either. I got Biomotor Unitron because it seemed like a really fun game. It's just weird now that I don't have anything to look for.

And NOOOOOO! Before anyone suggests it, I'm not buying a Neo Geo home system or Consolized MVS! I need to eat!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
make your own cmvs.

or get a basic big red cab- they can be had in working shape for under $200 with a couple of titles.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
because this is the attitude of a lot of collectors now. shelf candy. not about playing- about the collecting.

That's what pisses me off about this hobby now. It went from people playing games to having a lot of people posting fucking videos of themselves with tons of games on the shelf behind them. It's terrible.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Play your damn games. If you pay for games to make yourself feel like a valued collector and don't play them, you're what's wrong with this hobby.

Clearly, if you have no intent on buying MVS or AES, then please elaborate in your own words why you bought a KOF 2000 home cart. I know the answer, but I want to see what you have to say.

make your own cmvs.

or get a basic big red cab- they can be had in working shape for under $200 with a couple of titles.

I probably would get a 4 slot red cab if I had the space. But I'm gonna build a MAME cabinet when I get my own place anyway.

If I did get a 4 slot, I'd probably try to get KoF 98, Metal Slug X, one of the Samurai Shodown games and SVC Chaos.

Play your damn games. If you pay for games to make yourself feel like a valued collector and don't play them, you're what's wrong with this hobby.

Clearly, if you have no intent on buying MVS or AES, then please elaborate in your own words why you bought a KOF 2000 home cart. I know the answer, but I want to see what you have to say.

I didn't? I think you're confused. I plan to play all my games. He was showing me the home-cart fellow to show why people thought I wasn't going to. I just like collecting AND playing. Otherwise I'd use an emulator. I had no idea there were people out there who collected for the sake of collecting and not have fun games to play. That just seems... wasteful. Like the people who collect toys and keep them mint in the box. That's not what they are for.