Getting into AES collecting

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
After hotpockets thread and scoping out some online stores, it seems AES collecting isn't as foolish as I thought. Nice looking carts with colorful labels, manuals to explain the gameplay and beautiful inserts along with those snap cases. Sure I won't get the Slugs on AES, but what I will scoop will be a welcome addition to my Neo Geo collection. I take back everything I said about AESholes.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
MVS collecting is where it's at. get 5-30x the amount of games for the same money, plus the extras are as cool as AES extras.

You think a manual is cool? Every game system has that. MOVE STICKERS, MOTHERFUCKER

1279-2.jpg

That's better and more easily useful than a manual. Plus, check out those mini marquees.

KOF+96-JR.jpg

How can you beat a mini marquee, you might ask? Trick question, because you can't.

And then there's flyers and shit.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Yeah this had "it's a trap" plastered all over it.

Where's liquid snake to opine in the matter?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
After hotpockets thread and scoping out some online stores, it seems AES collecting isn't as foolish as I thought. Nice looking carts with colorful labels, manuals to explain the gameplay and beautiful inserts along with those snap cases. Sure I won't get the Slugs on AES, but what I will scoop will be a welcome addition to my Neo Geo collection. I take back everything I said about AESholes.

You forgot about the best part - manual baggies

xorthen

Banned
AES collecting isn't as fun as it used to be. Games are now 3 or 4 times as expensive as a few years ago. Shit is lame. I liked it better when the games were cheaper. Fucking youtube nerds and clickbait fags ruined it all.

Ramad

AES collecting isn't as fun as it used to be. Games are now 3 or 4 times as expensive as a few years ago. Shit is lame. I liked it better when the games were cheaper. Fucking youtube nerds and clickbait fags ruined it all.

It sucks because I am close to being "done" when it comes to collecting on the Neo. I only have 25 games, and there's 5 more games that I'd like to get:

Crossed Swords 2
Ninja Commando
Gunlord
Sengoku 2
Twinklestar Sprites

There's no way that I will be able to afford those games now. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just waiting for the 150 in 1 AES cart to come out, then I'm all good.

xorthen

Banned
Yeah, I think right now is a bad time to get into Neo collecting because a lot of games that you could get before for decent prices have dried up and shot up in price because of scarcity. If you are cool with owning Samurai Shodown then you can always start collecting those commons. I doubt they will ever run out of those.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It sucks because I am close to being "done" when it comes to collecting on the Neo. I only have 25 games, and there's 5 more games that I'd like to get:

Crossed Swords 2
Ninja Commando
Gunlord
Sengoku 2
Twinklestar Sprites

There's no way that I will be able to afford those games now. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just waiting for the 150 in 1 AES cart to come out, then I'm all good.

Congrats, it sounds like a sought out and classy collection, because you choose to get only what you dig to play. Though three of those five absentees were always bought dearly (CS2, GL & TSS).