Gene Wilder dead at 83

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
"we are the music makers. we are the dreamers of dreams"

One of many great quotes from Willy Wonka, but probably my favorite of them.

Wow, sucks he had to go. Yet another great icon gone this year. RIP Gene

PS: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory should have never been made. Why? Because Gene Wilder did the part perfectly the first time in the original (not to mention wildly superior) movie.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
his hair and eyes were pretty crazy from what i remember just bs and ww...funny guy! wonder how things were going for him?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
RIP to another comedy legend man this has been a rough summer.
Also :D

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
This sucks. I grew up watching his movies as a kid, and also some I probably shouldn't have watched as a kid.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Last i heard from him was when Richard died. Both true Legends now gone.

RIP

man 2016 has been one hell of a year....

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
RIP. my faves were the mel Brooks movies and stir crazy. I didn't know he was suffering from Alzheimer's. Pretty sad way to see someone go.

NeoLucian

New Challenger
RIP

Stir Crazy and See no Evil, Hear no Evil are 2 of the greatest comedies of all time.
and well Charlie and the Chocolate factory is just one of the best films ever, an amazing performance by him.

The Boat ride song from WW is one of the creepiest things from my childhood. Still gives me chills today, however as an adult I can appreciate the dynamic range that takes place in those few moments of Happy Wonka->Crazy Wonka->Happy Wonka.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
RIP indeed. Willy Wonka happens to be my favorite movie. Sad stuff

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
well, hard to believe it's been 45 years since willy wonka and the chocolate factory came out.

i bet for the past 45 years he must have grown insane from hearing 'wow, i loved you in that willy wonka movie'

in fact, he was in some comedies starring richard pryor. but for whatever reason, they were not syndicated on tv widely, so most people haven't watched them.

oftentimes i wonder what it's like to hit your apex at such a young age. 45 years ago he hit his apex. without a doubt he lived a full life, i am certain there is a lot of regret though.

mainly now he lives on as a meme.

at least he will live on as a meme, while the rest of us will be forgotten within a generation. i recently discovered my great-great-great-grandfather was a famous architect in my city. i can not say that my great-great-great-grandchildren will be as interested in me, if i have any.

drunkpost.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I watched Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex last night, not knowing he was in it. His skit was great, about true love between a man and a sheep.

Then I watched Blazing Saddles, forgetting he was in it, because I wanted something that wasn't Woody Allen.

Neither movie was because of Gene, but he was great in both.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Some of my all time classic films were of Gene wilder and his super side kick richard pryor
i know what i'll be watching for the next few week.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
supposedly he had information that could help indict Hillary.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Then I watched Blazing Saddles, forgetting he was in it,

How could..

He was..

Forgetting?

Dude, the Waco Kid is one of his most iconic characters, probably second only to Willy Wonka. heheh. I love Blazing Saddles. It's infinitely quotable, just like... well shit, everything he was in. Even Funny About Love was entertaining because of Gene Wilder. I'm truly bummed that he passed. The last thing I saw regarding him was an interview that was like the James Lipton show, but it was the other guy... silver hair, looks like a rich tycoon villain from an 80s movie that always does those "today we're marathoning the Marx Bros movies" things. (edit: turns out his name is Robert Osborne.)

Gene was terribly elderly in it, but it was a really really great interview. I think it was something like 20 minutes. He seemed like a really sweet man. And no one... no one could scream like Gene Wilder.

Well, except maybe Stanley Tucci.

"He shot me, right in the ass!" - Jim, the Waco Kid

Last edited: