FS: Omega Neo Geo CMVS Systems and Kits

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The website is currently undergoing an overhaul so some links for ordering may be in various states of working. Just reminding everyone that they are now available for sale and shipping. Shipping not included in the prices.

www.arcadeworks.net

Omega CMVS System - $499
Features:
- Custom molded plastic enclosure
- Spring loaded cartridge flaps
- Composite, S-Video, and Component out w/ stereo sound
- Unibios 3.0
- Green Power LED
- 90-240v support
- Composite/S-Video and Power Cable included
- MADE IN USA!!!

omegasystem.png

Omega CMVS Kit - $299
Features:
- Solderless design (mono sound only)
- Optional stereo support (soldering required)
- Optional NeoBiosMasta and Unibios support (not included)
- Includes necessary screws and wiring harnesses
- Composite/S-Video and Power Cable included
- REQUIRES MV-1C (NOT included)

omegakit.png

Additional cables - $15 each
- Composite/S-Video
- Component
- RGB SCART
- Japan RGB (XRGB compatible)

omegacables.png

www.arcadeworks.net

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Looks really good and would love a kit to build myself, but sadly the price is just too much for me.

Good luck with your sales. :)

Zoel

New Challenger
Works good, I think its a cheaper alternative for a CMVS that contains a cool looking shell.

BTW, shadowkn55 are you starting any new projects after this?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
There is a joystick in the works that won't cost you $200. And of course the snaplocking mvs case that I just created a thread about in general discussion.

There are a couple of non-neo projects down the pipeline but those require some more serious cash flow.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
are you considering cart shell replacements? either standard mvs or aes type
Good luck!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Cart shells would only be practical if I or ngdevteam went into massive aes/mvs distro. At this point it's more economical to buy up the loose magician lord/nam carts and use this as donors. As for mvs, you could always hunt down the distributor of the multicarts and see where they get their shells.

I could be little daring and show up at snkp's doorstep and ask to buy the rights to their old molds.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Cart shells would only be practical if I or ngdevteam went into massive aes/mvs distro. At this point it's more economical to buy up the loose magician lord/nam carts and use this as donors. As for mvs, you could always hunt down the distributor of the multicarts and see where they get their shells.

I could be little daring and show up at snkp's doorstep and ask to buy the rights to their old molds.

Why would you use those two carts specifically? I would think that if you're looking to use carts as donors you'd go for a World Heroes or a Super Sidekicks or something since I see them everywhere.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes, well I understand if you don't see a commercial opportunity. However, as far as ebay goes, loose carts go from 35-40 dlls with shipping. I do not think that is economical for just the shells.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Why would you use those two carts specifically? I would think that if you're looking to use carts as donors you'd go for a World Heroes or a Super Sidekicks or something since I see them everywhere.

There seems to be a very large stock of these NOS carts because of some container find a couple years back. These carts would be good candidates for repurposing them as the latest aes release.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I just got mine yesterday. Great product. I've been playing Metal Slug 3 and 5 with my son on big TV. Looks so good.

grimm

Marked Wolf
My monitor is old and worn so the pic comes out very dark for me, but this looks really cool. and is definetly a cheaper and still professional looking option to the formentioned analogue cmvs systems.

Are these a limited batch only, or do you plan to sell these for a year or two?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
They'll be made on a fairly continually basis for at least a year. The only thing that may have a limited supply is the scart/xrgb cables.

grimm

Marked Wolf
I might be able to purchase one of these by this summer, should i get one of the regular RGB-scart cables prior to that? I live in europe so i really have no use for the other cable options i saw on your website, since the RGB-scart is the best and i can use it. Or would any Neo Geo RGB scart do it?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I actually really like this kit and the design of it. Fits better than homemade and wood units.

Looks like an actual console.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I might be able to purchase one of these by this summer, should i get one of the regular RGB-scart cables prior to that? I live in europe so i really have no use for the other cable options i saw on your website, since the RGB-scart is the best and i can use it. Or would any Neo Geo RGB scart do it?

Probably not necessary. If the stock becomes dangerously low, I'll give you a heads up. The AES scart cable wouldn't work since the connectors are different. The closest replacement is the genesis/megadrive model 2 scart cable. It'll work with the omega with a little rewiring.

Zinji

Kabuki Klasher
I bought one recently from shadowkn and it's FUCKING GORGEOUS! I'm totally in love with this CMVS! :)

shadowkn, any news about the MVS carts replacements?

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I bought one recently from shadowkn and it's FUCKING GORGEOUS! I'm totally in love with this CMVS! :)

shadowkn, any news about the MVS carts replacements?

Just the shells? I haven't started work on that one yet. I was thinking the same form factor as the current mvs shell but instead of a spine label, it would be an AES type spine/face label. Someone had a link for the "mvs stickers" but I don't remember where. This is going to be another 3-piece mold (i.e. expensive) so I'd like to get a few smaller projects out the pipeline before this gets started.

I can get the design finished a couple of weeks but the startup capital isn't quite there yet to start the machining process. I can throw up some renders when it's done and see what you guys think. The only real decision left is to make it either snap-together like the AES or screw-together like the MVS.

dalde1

n00b
I think screw shells would be best so easier to put back into the original shell if needed, i.e if you sell a kit and want it back as original. This along with the cases is definately something looking forward to, as well as the joysticks, any more news on any of these ?

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
This cmvs design rocks! the fact that shadowkn55 took imput from the comunity is a plus+. The only thing holding me for buying one is that there is no memory card capability in this or any CMVS. Anyway, the mvs to AES style shells sounds great. I agree for the screw design for the shells, much more easy and convenient. Where are the joysticks???????? I would definitely buy those!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Believe it or not, the only thing holding back the joystick is the deep dsub-15 connector. I've called around places and either nobody has the tooling to make it or they just don't want to. When it comes down it, I may end up mold injecting that piece too (well, 3 pieces) and slap my name on it.

Any thoughts on a wireless stick? A couple people I talked to recommended against a wireless stick because they are banned in tourneys and what not. I don't see too many neo tourneys in these parts so I don't know if that would be an issue for people buying it. I could do some research and do a quasi-wireless stick with usb support. It would be a usb joystick that would come with a usb->aes dongle. It'll do wireless without the usb cable and charging/direct communication with the cable attached. All this cool stuff will add more time/cost to the final product if integrated in the stick design.

grimm

Marked Wolf
Depending on how much more it would cost, id surely apriciate wireless, if it can be done without lag. I dont know if lag is much of an issue nowadays? Bluetooth has none, at least not the PS3. Id prefer the same sollution as ps3, where you can charge and play at the same time. That would be worth a little more money. But then again, i dunno anything about these things, so it may mean ALOT more money? I just decided to get this system and start saving up, so a matching joystick would rock.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
For the joystick, why not start with the normal cable, and offer a wireless upgrade for anyone interested in that?
At the end, maybe the molding of the connector is a good solution. That way you would also have market for extensions, that right now are above 35 dlls!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I haven't looked up the prices for the wireless stuff yet but it adds too much to the cost (like $20+), I may end up scrapping the idea. I'll do some research and hopefully have some numbers by then.