Free shipping economics

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Just made a profit of $440M for Q1, 100M of it being from bitcoin speculation. It's respectable. They've been ahead of bonds due for over a year now it seems like as well. They are in a good place right now.

Nothing new to add.

Silicon Valley seems like a big ponze scheme, they start a company and can lose money for decades. Investors come along and pump massive amounts of cash into them diluting the ownership of other investors. The dream is to one day get an initial public offering and sell even billions more in stocks. All the meanwhile the founders, CEO and executive make massive salaries and bonuses.

Amazon has been making a profit for a bit now. They lost money hand over fist for twenty something years though, During all this time though they've put out of business the rest of the mom and pop shops and then created the retail apocalypse.
Think about Sears, 100 year ago it's was they shiznit. You could order anything imaginable and it would show up at your doorstep anywhere in the country(even a house itself). Then retail came along and it made the transition was a donminant force for a bit and then got replaced by a service that could deliver almost anything to your doorstep.

Yeah Uber/Lyft mystify me. 14b in revenue. I don't understand why they can't setup a budget of say $1 per transaction as a profit, pay the drivers and everything else goes back into the business & R&D. Im sure all those people they laid off make $60k a year and live beyong their means. the CEO of Uber, Khosrowshahi reportedly earned a base salary of $1 million in 2018. However, his total compensation package was around $45 million, which included a $2 million bonus, $40 million of equity, and another $2 million for reimbursement of work-related expenses, according to Observe

Remember WeWork about a year and a half ago? ....Mindblown
In 2018, WeWork's losses and revenue both doubled. According to the Financial Times, the company lost $219,000 each hour of each day from March 2018 to March 2019

Your purchases might be at four different distribution centers, they have a guy allready coming from a different one bring some things to another one. You get three packages, or they just really don't care.
It’s just a number .... most of these people are richer then they look and if they want they can have what ever they like , profit and lost are strictly for taxes purposes. Majority of their wealth is made in the stock market as it tied to stock and options .

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Will they match the online price, in-store, if you show the cashier on your phone?
I don't think so. We usually had to order it while we were in the store, and then wait for it to be ready to pick up.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Tesla isn't profitable either. All these artificially inflated tech companies will crash and burn in due course. Their business models are built on hype and speculation. Same goes for crypto. All intrinsically worthless shit.
Cryptocurrency is intrinsically worthless. Tesla isn't - they've built millions of cars. It may not be worth the current stock price, but it's far from worthless.