Everdrive GBA Group Buy

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I wish I had checked this thread last night.

I'll post pics of the everdrive in a GBA/SP and DS lite tonight when I get home.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I just got mine today and had been using the EZ Flash, yes it is worth the upgrade. The EZ Flash is decent but its biggest flaw is that each rom has to be patched via a client program onto the memory card. Doing an entire romset would literally take days to do and would be incredibly tedious. Also games larger than 32M need to be loaded into NOR memory and only one can be loaded and the process is slow.

Thank you so much Travis for putting this together, this Romset is incredible. I had no idea that the GBA could emulate NES games and very well from I have seen.

The patching was something that was a minor annoyance, the loading is another big one that's been bugging me, compatibility is -really- starting to irk me. Some games just won't be loaded by my EZ flash, no matter how many different versions that all load fine in emulators I try, like Ninja 5-0. What about running GBC games through Goomba? I find on the EZ Flash, most of em go alright, but some games, like Mega Man Xtreme 1/2, or RE Gaiden run unplayably bad. I'm starting to lean more and more to wanting to upgrade. The Everdrive I got for my Fami was an absolute godsend. While my EZ flash was much cheaper, it's seeming like it's another case of you get what you pay for.

Worse comes to worse I suppose I could also buy a GB Everdrive to compliment it, but I'm still very curious about everyone's findings!

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Mine arrived!

My gf was checking it out, asked a few questions and thought it plus the content Travis provided was an awesome deal!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Looks like it fits perfectly.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Looks like it fits perfectly.

My prediction is that the X3 and/or X7 will be the same size as a normal GBA cart. Though the bit jutting out doesn't bother me, reminds me of playing GB games on the GBA.

Can't wait to get mine in!! Thanks again Travis!! :buttrock:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Got mine today, GBA has worked as expected, the Nes emulator seems a little flakey, had a few crashes, once playing a game and once just browsing the list of games. I was playing in the GB folder and realized you left Tetris off :-) Tetris 2 is on twice but no OG Tetris haha. (Not complaining but literally was the first game I went to play out of the billion games you put in here).
Sound got a little wonky just for a second on Mother 3 under translations when I created a new team, maybe it was saving? Other then that everything has been perfect and I tried lots of games. I have only been using a GameCube GBA player so far but I tested with the official GBA start up disc and the GBI software, both worked great. Surprised how well the NES emulator works on the GBA (the two crashes aside, but after several more games no crashes since. Here is a pic of the screen when it shits the bed.
50dce5021d8d5052b3436530234a2338.jpg

Very happy with this and it's miles better over the ezflash I bought but never used as it was such a PITA to use and slow to load games. This loads large games in seconds and keeps the save files nice and tidy in a folder for me.
Thanks again for getting this setup and now I will have a lifetime of games to try out as they made so many great games on this system that I'll never be able to even try a fraction of them.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Anyone figure out if Save states work in Goomba... I think saving works, but when you go to load after a reset they are gone.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
My prediction is that the X3 and/or X7 will be the same size as a normal GBA cart. Though the bit jutting out doesn't bother me, reminds me of playing GB games on the GBA.

Can't wait to get mine in!! Thanks again Travis!! :buttrock:

What is this x3 & x7?

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
What is this x3 & x7?
Krikzz's new naming scheme is x3 super basic, x5 middle line, x7 premium. GBA x3, x7 are likely eventually, but AFAIK, nothing announced. I think x3 might be small enough if it takes out RTC, but RTC worth the battery IMO

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems to me it sticks out just like the molding for Drill Dozer. That's hardly something to get upset over, unless you're keeping your GB Micro inside an old case for a nokia brick phone or the teeny right pocket within a pocket on jeans. I really should motivate myself to get one of these and toss my entire GB collection on there, NES, GG too. It would be good for on the go to have it all in one space.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Got mine today, just thumbed thru some game list & tried random games. Seem bad ass & the set Travis put on there should keep me busy for years. Truely money well spent. The cart sticking out doesn't bother me one bit.

Is there a way to go back to the menu after playing a game or is doing the power cycle he only way?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So I've had a couple of save issues.

Suikoden card Stories in Translation folder...saved at the Inn after the intro..nothing saved.

Rhythm Heaven Silver in Translation folder..saved to SRAM..when loading the game a second time got a Data I/O error. Started the game over and the second time around was able to successfully save and then load the new the save.

There is some grumbling over on the Everdrive forums about Data I/O errors 9seemingly for most it is that they can't see/load games)..so there may be a bug in the software that is causing fluky saves.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It is there, it is in the World rom folder, the rom of tetris is the same worldwide.

There actually is a 1.0 Tetris that was only released in Japan for Game Boy. It has a different Type A music called "Minuet". IMO, it's not as good as the Type A music we got here but, there is more than one version of it.

Jon

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Okay, so a little more digging on the save issue. in the diagnostics menu (select on main menu) I get an "Error: D3" on the disk test. Googling seems to indicate that this is a SD card or FAT32 formatting issue that is "incompatible" with everdrives. Probably explains the inconsistent saving. Does anyone/everyone else have the same diagnostic error?

Okay..just tried the EDGBA in my DS Phat...It gives a FAT formating error and won't even boot to the directory. Works fine in my OG GBA though....not sure what is up. Okay weird... DS boots the ED now. Maybe it needed to charge a bit

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Open the case, stick a piece of black electrical tape over it?
If you wanna get fancy, desolder it, and maybe replace it with a 0 ohm surface mount resistor.

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Got mine yesterday. It only slightly juts out from the top.

I got the Error: D3 on the disk test but it hasn't affected anything yet as far as I can tell. I'll check on games others are having problems with.

But anyway the Everdrive works really well and the folder setup is excellent. Travis, thanks for an excellent group buy!