eBay's just getting better and better....

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
In the Announcements section for 9/15/08:

"By October 5th, make sure your first domestic shipping option in your Books, Movies & DVDs, Music and Video Games listings is within the new maximum charges."

"On October 20th, our paperless payments policy will begin, and checks and money orders will no longer be allowed as payment methods."

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout

"On October 20th, our paperless payments policy will begin, and checks and money orders will no longer be allowed as payment methods."

Well that's just gh3y. I smell a collusion with the credit card industry.

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Question, how can they force you do have a cheap domestic shipping option, but then have PayPal penalize you for not using trackable shipping?

I've just gotten burned twice for "item not received" simply because I didn't force the buyer to use trackable shipping. When a buyer starts a dispute the seller's only options are "refund" "show proof of refund" or "give tracking number".

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
I've just gotten burned twice for "item not received" simply because I didn't force the buyer to use trackable shipping. When a buyer starts a dispute the seller's only options are "refund" "show proof of refund" or "give tracking number".
Thereby making shipping prices higher, which makes things more expensive for people like me, who are almost-exclusively buyers, that in-turn makes PayPal fees higher and (we all guessed it) gets eBay more money for using their damned website.

+1 for the CraigsList thing. Sad but true, but I've really liked using eBay over the years, but if anti-Seller things like this keep happening, it's gonna land-up being the same thing as a torrent with no-one willing to seed.

bokmeow

Thereby making shipping prices higher, which makes things more expensive for people like me, who are almost-exclusively buyers, that in-turn makes PayPal fees higher and (we all guessed it) gets eBay more money for using their damned website.

+1 for the CraigsList thing. Sad but true, but I've really liked using eBay over the years, but if anti-Seller things like this keep happening, it's gonna land-up being the same thing as a torrent with no-one willing to seed.

Wait, is eBay making buyers have to pay sellers with means other than personal checks and money order? I was under the impression that it required people to pay its eBay fees with non-paper means. The clause has no context so it's kind of hard to figure out.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I wonder why they are making such stupid decisions? I know that they lost a ton of business when they did away with the ability to leave negative feedback to buyers.

Ebay has sucked for a while but it is almost like they are trying to see how far they can go before people stop using them.

bokmeow

I just realized that there's another problem: Mature Audience section does not allow the use of PayPal for payment. That blows donkey goobers.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Even more reason to steer clear of the pile of shit site...fucking pirates. It's not like they already don;t dip into your $$ enough...now this forced Paypal shit.

I hope they lose even more sellers, I know I'll never sell there again after all of the buyer scam crap going on.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
It's because so many dopes are getting taken by the Nigerian Scams.

I see their point, but if you're too stupid to realize you're getting scammed with a fake check $1000 more than your item... and you're shipping it to the asshole of the world, well.. fuck you and enjoy the ass reaming.

Once again, dumb fucking people make life harder for the rest of us.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I haven't sold on ebay for about a year or so, don't miss it at all. Don't buy much there either, they strangle the sellers so much, its about impossible for anyone to offer any bargain deals anymore.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Nearly done with ebay myself, getting a piss take all the way around. I know I've said I'm leaving them a few times now, but I've always been stuck with shit I don't want.

Hopefully the place falls apart and goes bankrupt, back to the old newspapers for advertising :tickled:

That sad, there are a few items you just wouldn't find in the shopping mall/centre, you've gotta admit that. If I go shopping, I never come back with what I wanted, but so many scams around now, I was suprised earlier when an expensive item i purchased end up being faulty and the seller refunded me straight away and is arranging collection of their large parcel, that said, they were a company, not many that will do that.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Ebay is just trying to cover their ass with all the complaints with scams they've had over the past how many years. As well as pushing paypal, they're pissing off many reputable sellers who only accepted MOs as payment. In reality, wouldn't it be easy to get around if the buyer and seller contact each other offsite? Not to say I won't look at ebay everynow and then, but I hardly use anymore anyway. I haven't sold there in over half a year, but I'll probably look at buying some cheap computer parts here in the near future.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I think Ebay sucks all the way around, it's a shame because there is some stuff I'd love to get that I see on there, but I don't want to be bothered.

While it certainly sucks from the seller's perspective because of all the bullshit that goes on with buyers, I can say I stopped buying because I got sick of all the sellers who have these bullshit shipping rates. I love when I see $8 shipping costs for a single game that comes in a DVD size case.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm sure the sellers would be willing to take money orders if you ask them beforehand.

I've only bought from ebay three times, I'm in the process of my third right now after a year and a half hiatus, and the guy was nice enough to accept concealed cash.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I just use ebay to buy t-shirts.

None of this bothers me in the slightest.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
While it certainly sucks from the seller's perspective because of all the bullshit that goes on with buyers

Especially when you get a buyer like this below(no contact,no responce,I called phone# listing in contact info several times,leads to answer machine of a company/the desk of someone else....he never answers either

Non Payer Dispute Opened..

Right before it's about to end>

Dear

I'm sorry I hvnt had acces to the internet. I am
just not getting online. I'm sorry but I won't be
able to buy the item. I am overdraft on my bank
and I don't know when I'll be able to pay of it.

Sry again.

- bizarrosantax9

yea,make sure you put the 0 feedback bidder "with" a Paypal account on your block list.

I just can't understand going to all the shit to get a paypal account to bid on auctions(mine must have paypal account)to not pay for them..though my iyem was the only item he ever bid on/and won.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
In my life I only ever remember buying Pac-Man Rally for PSP on eBay.
After their shipping fee I paid what I was expecting to pay in total.

Decent experience...
But wow. No check, no money order.
I say people start accepting livestock.

Watch them call foul on accepting two chickens and a half-dozen eggs for an Alf record player and a NIB Teddy Ruxbin.

Jacen

Rugal's Thug

"By October 5th, make sure your first domestic shipping option in your Books, Movies & DVDs, Music and Video Games listings is within the new maximum charges."

Thats nothing, In Australia ebay made all transactions paypal only!!!!!!!:oh_no:

Until the ACCC (The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) put a fucking stop to it.

They only do crap like this so you have to use their paypal system, so they get more of your money.

Funk Buddy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
So you can only charge $4 something for games? What did they say about "handling" charges? Is there a way to charge them still? That would/could help with the shipping. Of course it's probably $4 something for each game like Amazon market does.