EAGLES OF DEATH METAL ***ZIPPER DOWN*** is cumming out soon!

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I don't know who else here is an EODM fan or not, but Goddammit I'm psyched! It's only taken seven fucking years since "Heart On" for them to make a new album. I'm just pissed their tour isn't coming anywhere in Texas... Not even Austin!???

eagles-of-death-metal-zipped-down.png

Might have to travel to New Mexico to go see them live. My favorite rock band is back.!

:multi_co:

The first song on the album!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Never heard of them, but based on that song I'd like to check them out.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Holy shit! You know I'm down with EODM.

This is a fucking miracle! :buttrock:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Good news. I did hear about them recording, but now it seems more official. Good to see they're coming to MN in September, definitely going to see them.

I must admit though, as cool as this is, I'd much rather get another DESERT SESSIONS, Them Crooked Vultures, or QOTSA album.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Their earlier output is a lot better.

Agreed... "somewhat".

I believe their best work was off their second album Death By Sexy but Peace Love & Death Metal was damn good indeed. Heart On took awhile for me to warm up to but once it took hold I was hooked too. It's probably not fair to judge this new album when only "Complexity" has been released so far. Off this one song, yes... it's not as EPIC as their older stuff, but I'm hoping the other tracks off Zipper Down will prove to be amazing. EODM has this penchant to not really have very many shitty songs IMO. Even songs that aren't exactly stellar, they're still bad ass in their own right.

Some of my faves...

Holy shit! You know I'm down with EODM.

This is a fucking miracle! :buttrock:

Bro, you have no idea just how amped up I am for EODM to be back in the saddle again. They really are my favorite rock group.

Good news. I did hear about them recording, but now it seems more official. Good to see they're coming to MN in September, definitely going to see them.

I must admit though, as cool as this is, I'd much rather get another DESERT SESSIONS, Them Crooked Vultures, or QOTSA album.

I was always the other way around. I like QOTSA, but prefer EODM.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
EODM actually played here in St. Louis a few summers ago at the Arch of all places. Jack Daniels put on the show and drinks were free. It was a good time. Pretty good crowd too considering they hadn't toured in like forever and this was a one off show. I saw em back in 2007 or so at a tiny 200 person club in St. Louis. Jesse was hanging out with everyone in line, high fiving people as they pulled in, totally awesome show.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
EODM actually played here in St. Louis a few summers ago at the Arch of all places. Jack Daniels put on the show and drinks were free. It was a good time. Pretty good crowd too considering they hadn't toured in like forever and this was a one off show. I saw em back in 2007 or so at a tiny 200 person club in St. Louis. Jesse was hanging out with everyone in line, high fiving people as they pulled in, totally awesome show.

AWESOME. I'm so fucking jealous at this very moment. Glad you had a bitchin' time though. Those are the kinds of concerts I love. I hate going to huge venues that are more like Stadiums and shit where you have 10,000 + people. *Hell I don't even like there being more than a few hundred people at a concerts I go to. I still feel I was blessed that I got to see TESLA BOY in Austin Texas at Empire Control Room on a Tuesday night in Sept of 2012 (actually I think it was 2013 ---not sure which anymore) with my best friend and including he and I there was all of 185 people at that concert, so we got to hangout with Anton Sevidov and the group (as well as Night Drive who are equally bad ass), photo ops and share a beer. I would like to see EODM play at a smaller venue like that, but who knows?

"death metal" :thevt:

Ahh... but they're THE EAGLES (as in the music group) OF "Death Metal"

:keke:

so good solid rock 'n roll with attitude but not actually Death Metal. ;)

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I'm with you 100%. EoDM is ok (sorry Michael...you know I love you man)...but QotSA and Them Crooked Vultures are better, way better.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I'm with you 100%. EoDM is ok (sorry Michael...you know I love you man)...but QotSA and Them Crooked Vultures are better, way better.

No problems dawg. You like what you like, I like what I like. Water's Wet, Sky Is Blue, Women Have Secrets (sometimes more than meets the eye), and SATAN CLAUSE IS OUT THERE AMIGO. I like QOTSA, I just never got "into" them the way I did EODM. I like Jesse's vocals better than Josh Homme's, and something to me about EODM just has that layer of "Sleaze" to it that's all ME. I mean, you know I'm just a fucking Scoundrel with a big heart right? I'm a Chaotic Neutral Individualist Stray Dog Grunt who lives for depraved sex, a good fist fight every now and then, spend quality time with his kids ---the nice mode--- and with his woman (she likes the scoundrel too), and cannot fathom "World Peace" nor wants crime to ever fully go away (Hey, I'd be out of a job then if there was nobody to secure facilities, apartments and government housing shit holes from) and Eagles of Death Metal just has that "Sleaze" to them in the sound of their music and subject matter.

Perhaps I'm also being a bit biased though. I've only heard from "Songs of the Deaf" onward and have never heard their first two albums (never got around to it yet), so it's possible the early stuff QOTSA did would be more to my speed. **To be honest I had that problem with EODM's "Heart On". I like the whole album but only Cheap Thrills and High Voltage really felt like the EODM I had fallen in love with musically from their first two albums, with ~Death By Sexy~ still being their best work. I dunno, I guess I should go back and listen to QOTSA's earlier first two albums, but I have more songs I like from EODM than QOTSA. I'm praying that this new album of Zipper Down from EODM will not all be like the song "Complexity" which is okay, but it on the same line as "Wanna Be In L.A." which was okay but not really EODM.