Does anyone else watch their food as it microwaves?

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
how much time do you spend watching your food being microwaved before you turn away? can you spend 1 min, 3 min, 5 min? similarly, have you ever watched cookies or something else being baked in your oven (like maybe a pizza) throughout the whole baking time? i remember one time i actually pulled a small stool up and watched. it's a very deep moment.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
No, but I watch as it goes down the toilet.

:360:

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
I wouldn't recommend sticking your head to close to the microwave due to microwave radiation.

But I guess you could meditate to the right foods baking in an oven. How about watching pizza dough fluff up? Or a fish fillet zizzle?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I put a piece of aluminum foil in a microwave over some food...

When I was 18.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I put a piece of aluminum foil in a microwave over some food...

When I was 18.

lol

Thats typically a mistake you only make once.

I remember when I was a kid and Cheez Whiz came in these little plastic cups with the pull off aluminum tops. I remember pulling the top off, popping it into the microwave and a couple seconds later a god damn lightning bolt struck the Cheez Whiz. Seems I didn't completely pull the top off and there was a small little sliver of aluminum still on it. Ooops, my bad, mom.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I read somewhere that radiation gives you powers.

Laser-Eyes.jpg

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I get a drink while waiting,
multitasking etc etc.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I cover my genitals with my hands as I walk by a working microwave. So no...I don't linger too long

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I don't have a microwave. it's been about a year now and I don't miss it. There's nothing a microwave can do that a range and toaster oven can't do better.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Sometimes. I still remember as a kid when we got a new microwave to make Popcorn and I thought it was cool how it popped up. I'd still like to have Jiffy-Pop if it didn't scratch the stovetop up.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i never owned a microwave, dont remember the last time i used one either.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nope. 90 seconds is too long for me to be standing in one place.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I clicked on this thread thinking "how many people are going to boast about not using one or talk about radiation?"

It didn't disappoint.

Gigaton Chode

Zero's Tailor
I only really watch the microwave when I'm zapping something that should be supervised(like when melting butter quickly) or something that's a bit of a spectacle when you zap it, like microwave popcorn bags, hot dogs, small animals, or chip bags.

Eric

Fight On!,
I clicked on this thread thinking "how many people are going to boast about not using one or talk about radiation?"

It didn't disappoint.

Not owning a microwave is the culinary equivalent of not owning a TV. Cue classic Onion article.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Ever create plasma in your microwave using a grape ?

Put a glass over it to capture it. Shit is wild as hell.