Do you want a Market Mod?

Do you want a Market Mod policing the market forums?

• Yes

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
With VoraciousTortise laying down the law like this, I'm thinking of changing my vote. Thanks for this VT!

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I'm aware of that, VT. My issue is that while I don't know what arbitrary threshold you're looking people to pass, I'm just never gonna be the kind of person who drops a 100, 50 or even 25 posts a month. Not because I don't have love for the forums or teh drama or the Neo. I contribute where I feel like I have something meaningful to add to the conversation but I'm a busy guy and I just don't post that much to any forum.

If that means that I can't participate in the marketplace, I'm frustrated at the lack of transparency but generally okay with it. It's not my site and I don't make the rules. I likely wasn't going to buy much for a while anyway after laying down for a CMVS from JNX.

Don't get it twisted... I see where you're coming from and I would generally prefer an over-moderated forum to an under-modded one. It just means you're going to alienate a lot of people, many of whom are the sponges, leeches and dickheads you're aiming to expunge and a few who aren't.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Your post already proves you have at least half a brain. Believe it or not, I'm actually the same way (I've just been around the site longer). Most of my posts suck and are on the SnkOrSwm level ( XD )....... Eventually I found a few threads that I could contribute to on a regular basis.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I usually type nonsense all over the forum. ;)
I mean c'mon, look at my avatar.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Don't think what was requested originally in this thread hasn't been considered.

Just think of today as a way of sending a message.

Don

Camel Slug
Long story short:

Do you want a market mod policing the marketplace?

We're taking your input very VERY seriously.

Vote now.

I think the policy should be very simple. If you start trying to create a list of rules, you'll never cover every situation. I also think, it's important to consider that the Mods, in general, are long standing members appointed by other Mods that understand the community. This being said, I think there only needs to be one rule: If you step into the market place don't be a jackass.

I think it's clear to everyone; that if a guy is being dishonest, flipping for profit or claiming a boot leg is legit. That person is a being a jackass and he should be punished or banned from the market place.

noCLip

Camel Slug
So it looks as if I have lost my market privileges. I wonder if i didnt post a FS thread today if that would have made a difference and I wouldnt have been flagged? I know I use the market more than any other avenue of this site, hands down. I like to look at the cool/rare/unique things people have for sale, even if I never intend to buy them and spend most my time in those threads. Also having access to the market lets you see what the current prices of games being sold at which is a helpful resource.

I understand the intentions of these policies but I have never had a bad transaction on here as seller/buyer/trader and dont think i am part of any problem. I obviously could be more active in the rest of the forums and I get that. I just hope "earning" privilege back doesn't entail a bunch of people spamming old threads with useless posts that dont contribute to the threads. I read thru some threads and dont post because I dont have anything to contribute to them. I will try and do better at being a more active member of the community.

Cheers
Dave

Tacitus

Staff member
So it looks as if I have lost my market privileges. I wonder if i didnt post a FS thread today if that would have made a difference and I wouldnt have been flagged? I know I use the market more than any other avenue of this site, hands down. I like to look at the cool/rare/unique things people have for sale, even if I never intend to buy them and spend most my time in those threads. Also having access to the market lets you see what the current prices of games being sold at which is a helpful resource.

I understand the intentions of these policies but I have never had a bad transaction on here as seller/buyer/trader and dont think i am part of any problem. I obviously could be more active in the rest of the forums and I get that. I just hope "earning" privilege back doesn't entail a bunch of people spamming old threads with useless posts that dont contribute to the threads. I read thru some threads and dont post because I dont have anything to contribute to them. I will try and do better at being a more active member of the community.

Cheers
Dave

Yes, it would've happened regardless.

I don't think it's too much to ask for some participation and contribution outside of scooping items or cashing out. The only reason this place is a hub for sales is that the community at large is popular and the userbase is very active. Coming here to only use that and not participating is shitty.

I don't buy the "can't contribute" excuse. There are plenty of threads to post in, discussions to start, etc. It's not about spamming or churning.. it's not about post count. Its about bringing something to the table beyond a wallet and some PCBs.

Just be more active. That's it.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I just don't get all this. I know it's a community and all but really as long as people are playing by the rules who cares about someone's post count??? It's at the sellers discretion if they want to sell to people with low post counts. As I said because I am around a lot I often know what people want and I just go directly to them if I have something to flog before offering it up to the masses.

VT didn't you just let a noob in on your Wei Ya group buy yesterday? http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...129d-chassis&p=3753580&viewfull=1#post3753580

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. For the greater good it's making a group buy happen.

Probably half of what is sold and purchased here is by people with less than a couple of hundred posts. Why dry that up?

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I just don't get all this. I know it's a community and all but really as long as people are playing by the rules who cares about someone post count??? It's at the sellers discretion if they want to sell to people with low post counts. As I said because I am around a lot I often know what people want and I just go directly to them if I have something to flog before offering it up to the masses.

VT didn't you just let a noob in on your Wei Ya group buy yesterday? http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...129d-chassis&p=3753580&viewfull=1#post3753580

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. For the greater good it's making a group buy happen.

Probably half of what is sold and purchased he is by people with less than a couple of hundred posts. Why dry that up?

I feel similar - but I can see the flipside. Lets face it, most people turn up here originally for the market. You need to get people to post elsewhere so they can get a taste for the site as a whole. If they don't post elsewhere then this place dries up altogether and becomes nothing more than the market.

Site ends. Simple really.

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
I just don't get all this. I know it's a community and all but really as long as people are playing by the rules who cares about someone's post count??? It's at the sellers discretion if they want to sell to people with low post counts. As I said because I am around a lot I often know what people want and I just go directly to them if I have something to flog before offering it up to the masses.

Probably half of what is sold and purchased here is by people with less than a couple of hundred posts. Why dry that up?

Don't like it? Leave. :keke:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I feel similar - but I can see the flipside. Lets face it, most people turn up here originally for the market. You need to get people to post elsewhere so they can get a taste for the site as a whole. If they don't post elsewhere then this place dries up altogether and becomes nothing more than the market.

Site ends. Simple really.

Pretty much what was the death of sega-naomi.com. Turned to just the market, then nothing.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Pretty much what was the death of sega-naomi.com. Turned to just the market, then nothing.

I'll be honest it's why I came here originally. I was as surprised as anyone to find out there weren't enough opinionated, bitter, unpleasant middle aged men in my life and I've found it impossible to leave ever since.

theMot

10 Year Member
The person with the highest feedback on this forum barely contributed anything other than sales of MVS carts... Looks like he has run out because hasn't been seen in over a year...

Nothing wrong with that though IMO because it let a lot of people enjoy Neo games and he was a good source and seller while it lasted...

Tacitus

Staff member
The person with the highest feedback on this forum barely contributed anything other than sales of MVS carts... Looks like he has run out because hasn't been seen in over a year...

Nothing wrong with that though IMO because it let a lot of people enjoy Neo games and he was a good source and seller while it lasted...

Big bear had the highest rating. Is that who you are referring yo?

theMot

10 Year Member
Big bear had the highest rating. Is that who you are referring yo?

Tomcat

(Looks like he has actually slipped to second now)

His feedback score is higher than his post count though. :lolz:

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Tomcat

"hasn't been seen in over a year"
Last Activity: 07-04-2014 10:44 AM

lay off the fosters, koala molester.

If VT feels like banning leeching italians, he should start with Stefano.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Tomcat

So how do you feel about your pal Christoph losing his market privileges?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
So how do you feel about your pal Christoph losing his market privileges?

Chris is a loss that nobody cares about outside of a few select people who like jizzing on their wooden shit.

Even to this day when I 1st saw it....... Fucking wood?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Chris is a loss that nobody cares about outside of a few select people who like jizzing on their wooden shit.

Even to this day when I 1st saw it....... Fucking wood?

Ha. Well, that's why I asked Mot... cuz he has one.

theMot

10 Year Member
"hasn't been seen in over a year"
Last Activity: 07-04-2014 10:44 AM

Whatever. You know what I mean. Almost every post he ever made was in his selling threads. Not that there is anything wrong with that IMO, I got quite a few MVS carts off him back then as did many others.

autobahn3000

Banned
Hey VanillaThunder,

I can not view only certain threads that I contributed on; Some threads I can view and some I can not.

Could you check to see what my status is?? Thanks and I appreciate your time.

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
Hey VanillaThunder,

I can not view only certain threads that I contributed on; Some threads I can view and some I can not.

Could you check to see what my status is?? Thanks and I appreciate your time.

You don't even have to ask him, I can tell you I watched you get got, son. :lolz: