Do you really like NEO GEO?

Kert

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
I believe some people are into NEO GEO just for the money.

I'm intrested in NEO GEO because I enjoy playing NEOGEO games since I was in middle school
(11 years ago)

What is your take on this? Fewer people would care about NEO GEO if there is no money to be made?

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I don't think that Neo stuff would be worth much money at all unless there were people who loved the games.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
ermm, what kind of stupid ass question is
this?

spock

<small>[ February 20, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: xtoo_short20x ]</small>

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
i've never bought anything with thought of it's resale value. when i buy, i buy with the idea that i'm buying something that i value or will value.

no sense in me buying a game i don't like just so i can sell it to somebody who does want it especially since i'm not a seller or trader nor do i intend of being one.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I know many people that are only into the neo geo for the status of having something cool to show off and say, "hey, look this Metal Snake game I have for neogeo. Is $2000. Cool, no? Come on, let's ride in my 2003 Vanquish."

As for me, I just fell in love with a high priced whore. The most beautiful whore, with a heart of gold.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I would think that even the most rabid collectors/ sellers/ traders on this site got into the Neo because they loved at least one Neo game at some point in their life.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I hate the neo geo sooo much that I post here almost daily and have a fullsize cabinet.

No offense, but I don't think someone would be here if he didn't love the neo.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I absolutly love neo geo. I literally spent the entire day today playing metal slug 3. :D

Anyway I sort of feel sometimes that people like neo or want it cause its like rare or cool and expensive. "I want to get a neo geo to say I had one" and "I have a neo geo that makes me leet" were some of the responses in the "do you actually have a neo geo" thread.

Rubbish. Some people who love the Neo end up trying to benefit from the financial aspect to finance their habit. A few others use it to make a few hobby bucks.

I don't think anyone gets into the Neo Geo strictly for the money.

B

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I can honestly say that I'm into the Neo for the games. Don't believe me? Look at the prices I set when I sell. If I was into the Neo for money I sure as hell wouldn't set my prices where I do.

Mike

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:

I just fell in love with a high priced whore. The most beautiful whore, with a heart of gold.
Same here, I love her so much even though she treats me like shit and sleeps around alot

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I've been into the neo since its release and finnaly got one in Jan of 98. I know somepeople though like wasabi said that are into it just to say they have something cool. Let me tell ya, if u own a neo because u think its trendy or people will be impressed, u might as well have spent all your money on a 2003 Vet. the general public would be more impressed with that. shame

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I have a love hate relationship with my Neo. I buy and sell games all the time. If a game does not hit my standards (which are high) I sell it. I have sold about 50 games over the years. If I still had all the games that I sold, I would have about 100 Neo games. I wish I was back in grade school when I actually had dreams about the system. I carried a Funcoland price sheet along with me and stared at it between classes hoping that I would get my dad to buy me a new game. I wish I still felt the same way but the prices of some of the games these days makes me want to puke. frown

K hunter

Kula's Candy
i love the neo geo cause i have fun playing the games. i could care less about how much the games are worth...

Frame Gride

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
ofcourse i love the neo. 2d fighters and shooters at their finest. I cant find games like this on other systems and i barely have enough money to support my habit. im not in it for the money.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I've never bought a neo game (or any other game really) with the intention to sell it or to show it off. I buy the stuff I like and I keep it.
Like EvilWasibi says, I fell in love with an expensive mistress.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
For me, the Neo has always provided art that no other system has. Each game is hand drawn, so to speak, not calculated, mapped, and animated.

My first love, King of the Monsters back in 1991. Then came Sam Sho 1 back in 1993. This followed by numerous titles that just make your eyes happy. It just seems that a game comes out every few years that is so pleasureable on the eyes in artistic terms, that one must go and get it.

Who puts literal video art in their games anymore? Who has always done a top notch job with the art? SNK...... er ah.... Playmore. buttrock

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I'm in the Neo cause I have a 'tiny penis complex' and those big carts make me feel powerful. buttrock

paku-pakuNJ

New Challenger
I like neo geo because their games are very creative...and very unique...at a time where creativity and uniqueness was far and in between in videogames...ALSO their graphics were pretty good in their hey-day! If i had the money...i would open up an ALL-NEO-GEO arcade...while the gameplay...sometimes...lacks in neo-geo games...the artwork is very detailed...i.e. you can tell someone took painstaking efforts to make detailed sprites...you can't do nothing but appreciate that type of workmanship!

slerch666

updyke,
I, of course, love the games. The proof? I buy MVS carts, which are infinitely cheaper than NGH carts. PLUS I'll buy MVS carts at the $200 range for new, when I know in 6 months the price of the cart could be HALF that price, thus my resale value and resale options are shit. The games are some of the best I've ever played, with Last Blade 2 being THE best I've ever played.

mario

Quiz Detective
Dude, this really is the wrong place to ask this question don't you think?
Anyway, Yeah older games were complete poop (Some of them), but the majority of games on the neo are EXCELLENT!.
I mean any Metal Slug game is better than any games I have played on All other systems.

madyorkie

Rugal's Thug
I love my neo because it was the real arcade games i could play back in the 90s not some conversion like on megadrive,,they still give me that magical feeling when i play em now.

Saturn Gamer

Hardened Shock Trooper
Neo Geo fucking SUCKS!!!! Biggest POS ever fucking made!! Shit, I hate it sooo much, that's why I just gave Johnathan $1200 for these CRAPPY ass games:

KoF '94-'99
SamSho I-IV
Last Blade I & II

Seriously though, what an ABSURD question!!

-SG