Do you have scratches on your DS screen?

Ken Masters

Another Striker
Hello people I was just wondering if anybody have scratches on their DS screens yet? The reason I'm asking is because I treat my DS like a baby and then decided to buy Feel the Magic and since you have to use the stylus alot my screen got a few miner scratches.The scratches are not that noticable but it bothers me.Do you guys have any scratches on yours? I was thinking the stylus screen was going to get scratched sooner or later.Am I making a big deal out of something not that important?

Thanks for your time.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
NO, I would be pissed too if I had scratches on the screen as well.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I get chicken grease on mine when I'm eating KFC and playing eat the chicken.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
you can see scrathes when you hold the ds in a certain light, a damp cloth removes them

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
madmanjock said:
you can see scrathes when you hold the ds in a certain light, a damp cloth removes them

That is good to know! Especially having 5 year olds playing it. Thanks!

Lone_Monster

Kula's Candy
Nope. And I use the hell out of it. You should see me sractching away at "Last Battle" I can't believe there isn't a single on on there.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
seriously they will be there, turn it off and hold the screen about 45 degrees up under a house light

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
madmanjock said:
seriously they will be there, turn it off and hold the screen about 45 degrees up under a house light

Those wouldnt be scratches, they are greese from you hand / the tip of the stylus.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
exactly, and that's what idiots have been moaning about.

RyuKenAkuma

Rugal's Thug
madmanjock said:

yea thats grease because I dont think a scratch can be removed unless u use some special scratch remover or toothpaste :D (sarcasm)

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
nope... not here.

If you feel the need, get the screen protectors. But the DS touch screen was pretty nice... I have had no scratch problems (yet) BUT they are bound to occur. Just check out the palms....etc. They don't happen fast, but will over the course of 1 year.

Its the nature of the touch screen beast.

†B†V†

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Not a single scratch, get's oily from touching from time to time, but you can only see it when the system is turned off, and a quick wipe with a soft cloth fixes that.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
all I get is scratches that clean off

*shrug*

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I put my PSP in the case that came with it and got scratches all over it...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I need more DS titles, I'm getting a bit sick of that metroid demo, my friend won't battle me on it anymore even though he usually kicks my ass

:buttrock: :make_fac:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I got a couple very minor ones that can only be seen when the system is off and only when held under a certain angle.

It was actually perfect until I got 'Feel the Magic', but then I went apeshit on that screen with the stylus and got myself some minor scratches. Although, I can actually take the blame for that, since, like using pads and joysticks, I do have a tendency to push, shift, etc, way too hard.

After I noticed those scratches, I eased up a bit on my "stylus playing" and have since played the hell out of that game without adding any more scratches, so even though I have managed to scratch it (very, very lightly though), I'd still say that it's a very durable little screen that can certainly withstand a tremendous amount of punishment - but just to be safe, I did actually order some screen protectors and I'm going to give those a shot when they arrive (better safe than sorry.)

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
TonK said:
I put my PSP in the case that came with it and got scratches all over it...

OMFG LOL ROFL!!!11!!!!!111 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to try the water trick on my ds, it seems that I have a ton of scratches from WarioWare.