Death Smiles 2 coming

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Can we please start porting these games for US audiences?

Amen.

And can we get a port on something other than the 360. I don't want to buy another one of those pieces of shit just to play death smiles.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/deathsmiles2/index.html

Not sure when this was announced, but I noticed it listed on Wikipedia.

If I remember correctly, it was both announced and shown at the previous AOU Show. There's even some shakycam footage of the game in action (taken at the show) floating around. It's going to be in full 3D and will be on the Taito Type X2. It didn't look very impressive from what little was shown of the early version. I'm sure it's improved by now though.

Can we please start porting these games for US audiences?

Not gonna happen. Sorry. :(

And can we get a port on something other than the 360.

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
the new game looks promising indeed..:buttrock: I think its coming next month(i hope) in the arcades..

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
the new game looks promising indeed..:buttrock: I think its coming next month(i hope) in the arcades..

Are shmups popular in the arcades of the Philippines? The last time I went to the P.I. (very, very loooong time ago), the super popular games were Samurai Showdown 2 and Virtua Figther 2. :lolz:

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Seems there's a location test going on right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajss4NFXG_E

Looks better than the first video, but still kinda bland.

Good find. It looks pretty good to me, but then again I love all things Cave. I wonder if everything is in full HD, or if there are some low res sprites in there. Can't tell. Woudn't converting Type X2 games be easier than making conversions from Cave's older hardware?

If we scream, yell, whine, and complain enough, eventually we'll get what we want. ;)

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Good find. It looks pretty good to me, but then again I love all things Cave. I wonder if everything is in full HD, or if there are some low res sprites in there. Can't tell. Woudn't converting Type X2 games be easier than making conversions from Cave's older hardware?

What doesn't look good to me are some of the enemies and backgrounds. I think they could use better textures/animations/shaders/etc. But everything else looks good. I'm pretty sure the game is 100% 3D, and considering the hardware, I'm pretty sure it's full HD. If by "converting Type X2 games" you mean porting them to the 360, it should be much easier theoretically.

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Are shmups popular in the arcades of the Philippines? The last time I went to the P.I. (very, very loooong time ago), the super popular games were Samurai Showdown 2 and Virtua Figther 2. :lolz:

There are newer ones actually but you'll see them only in Quantum arcades in SM Malls(i think its Giga Wing 2 which is old but rare and games like Exelica and Death Smiles so far i've seen)..Though the smaller arcades here carry only old Gunbird 2 machines..