Damn...Kids grow up so fast..

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Today I got a call from my little cousin, who is going to be 7 this year...asking me about DBZ Budokai...he said "How do you play as Hercules?" and it was the first time ever I have heard him speak to me, because the last time I saw him, he was only 3 years old.

He wants a PS2 for his birthday...and as soon as I heard how many games and such he has..it hit me...he's a.."Mini-Me"...Sounds just like me...wants the same games...(Heck, he's playing fighting games at age 6, going on 7) that's a great start...He wanted me to come down for his Birthday...so you know what?

I'm gonna show him the world of Neo Geo...he's at that age, that he needs to know the true value of how games are.

Break out of the "3D" barrier if you will, go back to what is pure and good

But it really hit me hard, not like a bad sense, but in a good way...to know that someone out there, in my bloodline is taking after me....and it's a great feeling :)

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
teach him the ways of the 2 in 1 combo, the crossup, and the fireball. :buttrock:

p.s. Hopefully he won't look at your games and say "eeeww this stuff looks so old". If he does then you proceed to whip out the belt and chastise him throroughly, j/k.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
teach him the ways of the 2 in 1 combo, the crossup, and the fireball. :buttrock:

p.s. Hopefully he won't look at your games and say "eeeww this stuff looks so old". If he does then you proceed to whip out the belt and chastise him throroughly, j/k.
Werdz of wisdom right here!.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Give him a choice like the emperor gave Luke- turn to the Neo Geo (dark side) or die.

Or I guess you could just whoop his ass, since you seem to have a soft spot for him.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hah, actually I called up my aunt and uncle to thank them for a birthday gift a few weeks ago and my cousin answered the phone, now judging by his voice I said "Hey Tim" (Tim being a year older than me), then the voice says "Nah, this is Chris" I just sat there confused for a while, couldn't think of how old he was or why his voice was so deep :emb: need to see that family more often was my final conclusion.

OT I know :p

buy him an NGPC that's the best start into the Neo. Could get him that and a few great games for like 50 bucks.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
YeAh pReAcH iT bRoThEr! TeAcH hIm T3H NeO!!

Seriously, its a fucking gaming console, not a religious sect.

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Buro Destruct said:
YeAh pReAcH iT bRoThEr! TeAcH hIm T3H NeO!!

Seriously, its a fucking gaming console, not a religious sect.

It's not just about "T3h Ne0" it's about 2D gaming in general Buro. Out of all the games he has, not a single one is 2D...so who else is gonna teach him the history? It's a goddamn shame and I want to share what we had. How else can he get a good idea of what existed or is still breathing.

Before you proclaim it as a religious issue, that's ok, but I take my games as an art form. Which needs to be taught to others.

Last edited:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
ClassicMode1985 said:
It's not just about "T3h Ne0" it's about 2D gaming in general Buro. Out of all the games he has, not a single one is 2D...so who else is gonna teach him the history? It's a goddamn shame and I want to share what we had
I'm just really opposed to the whole attitude that people are automatically stupid because they never played 2D games. Nobody states this outright, but with the now standard 10-12 replies of "Teach him the way of the Neo" to threads like this, thats basically the underlying message. I don't wear the fact that I've been exposed to SNK and the Neo Geo like a goddamn badge I earned, its just another gaming console with a passionate developer behind it.

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Buro Destruct said:
I'm just really opposed to the whole attitude that people are automatically stupid because they never played 2D games. Nobody states this outright, but with the now standard 10-12 replies of "Teach him the way of the Neo" to threads like this, thats basically the underlying message. I don't wear the fact that I've been exposed to SNK and the Neo Geo like a goddamn badge I earned, its just another gaming console with a passionate developer behind it.

True I hear what you are saying, just keeping it to yourself more so, right?

That's cool man, just how people go about it. I just take into consideration of trying to keep the memory alive for future generations.

I never actually considered someone "stupid" for not playing 2D, just more narrow minded towards then and now. I respect each individual for how they choose to enjoy their games. People just need to give it a chance, that's all it takes, if they don't like it, fine, move right on and go about what you enjoy.

You can never please everyone as they always say.

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
Buro Destruct said:

ClassicMode1985 is just trying to share something he is passionate for with his cousin. Gaming is a hobby, just like fishing, stamp collecting, etc. Just like all the other hobbies, people want to share their interest with others, so they can have the same joy and satisfaction they get by participating in the hobby of their choice.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:

Uhhhhh .... have a drink or two before you visit the forums next time. We're kidding, dude.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Buro Destruct said:
I'm just really opposed to the whole attitude that people are automatically stupid because they never played 2D games. Nobody states this outright,

i do. if you've never played a 2d game then you are a fucking idiot and i don't even want to talk to you about games. you can quote me on it too i dont give a shit, and its how i feel 100%. if youve never played a 2d game then take your opinion and shove it up your fucking ass.

the only way to convert young gamers is to introduce them to the best at the earliest possible time. dont show them 2d shit, show them 2d greatness. not a game too hardcore either, needs to be fun right off the bat. slug or something.

if they dont see it early they will become another 3d fucktard as they join the masses.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
FeelGood said:
if youve never played a 2d game then take your opinion and shove it up your fucking ass.

I've never heard you speak this passionately about anything :D.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
FeelGood said:
im racist against 3D assbeef fucktards.

Well, if you gotta be a racist, I guess that's the best type to be.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
2D is where it's at and will always be.

But hey, we all grew up in the 2D era here.

2D :buttrock: