CPS2 and CPS3 SIMMS Batch

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
I'm planning to make a batch of SIMMS for CPS2 and/or CPS3 given the little supply available for them.

Before moving forward, I'd like to know how many people would be interested on that. This is non binding, but will help me decide to go/no go

If you are one of those, please reply how many of each SIMMS (32Mb, 64Mb and 128Mb) you'd be willing to buy. This will be produced in China so prices should be reasonable. However just a single flash chip cost $8. Multiply that by 4 + PCB + Shipping + Taxes and we will end up easily with over $60 per 128Mb SIMM.

Let me know your thoughts.

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Does the CPS2 use SIMMs?

I'm generally down for anything CPS2 related, although currently I wouldn't need any parts as all my games are good.

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
Some CPS2 do use SIMMs instead of GFX Roms. Also CPS2 Black use SIMMS for PROG ROMS.

Does the CPS2 use SIMMs?

I'm generally down for anything CPS2 related, although currently I wouldn't need any parts as all my games are good.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure you'd sell out really damn fast if you had these available. I would like to get a CPS3 setup but lack of available simms have always made me reluctant

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Right now you're better off just buying a motherboard+simms, it is far cheaper overall.