Collect, sell, regret, start over "the cycle"

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
CRTs don't really have pixels, HDTVs do
True they have lines. But still I find all RGB based stuff better looking on a CTR tube then on a flatscreen even with upscaler

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Like what? Finding temporary housing and accommodations wherever you go seems like it would be the hardest part now. Before covid, I would've thought it was the having a job part but with remote work you can hold down even good salaried jobs from anywhere if you're in the right business

Deeper problems. If owning stuff drives you crazy you have problems and the stuff ain’t the problem. If you can’t stay in the same city for too long you’re running from yourself. If you can’t pick a place to live then you’ll be borrowing that from your friends like how you’ll be borrowing USB cables and lawnmowers because every single item on earth seems like useless junk dragging you down. They’ll need to borrow your toilet for an hour too, btw, when they’re doing their juice cleanse thing again…can’t even stand to carry around stuff in their guts.

Bob Dylan 1968 and Jonny Ive seem real cool from a distance but you don’t want to be those people or even hang out with them. Actual broke homeless people with nothing are massively more tolerable. The people I’ve known who don’t want to own anything are basically of the opinion that everything is clutter. Even a monk who owns nothing can at least tolerate the clothes on his back and his daily duties. These people who think property is mental illness are crazy. That’s why they can’t own anything, make up their minds about anything, keep their promises, etc. Willy Loman would feel sorry for them.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
True they have lines. But still I find all RGB based stuff better looking on a CTR tube then on a flatscreen even with upscaler
Of course! To each its own they say. :-)

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I play most my retro stuff on the MiSTer nowadays anyway. Before the MiSTer I used flashcarts on original hardware. Can't even remember the last time I put a Hu Card in my PC-Engines. It's probably time to let go. Will just buy a second MiSTer and won't return to original hardware. The hardware was always way more important for me but my MiSTer turned from an addition to a replacement. The Neo stuff will be the last stuff I will sell. Just need to find a start.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I did this as well. I don't play much now in days but the Mister is enough to scratch that itch. No need to take up space with hardware and no need for a crt. Let the collectors pay ridiculous money for shit to sit on the shelf. I held on to my Neo and a handful of games because it's unique and one of those consoles I always wanted as a kid. Everything else is gone.