China is trippin’…

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Very good idea! send out 1000's of high altitude balloons which then get shot down and disperse the chemical BZ into the air incapacitating literally everyone but, and this is the kicker, many hours after contact. It lasts for weeks in moist air so winter time is a key factor, soil and surfaces so redosing or overdose can occur during the 70-80 hours of delirium.

The Chinese can literally walk through the door of the white house, lock wyo up as he's no longer of use to them and firmly claim the North American province.

Wow, Australia has been America and the UK's bitch since 1975. Very sad.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'll say this. A year or two ago, some American who likes the Party went on Chinese social media and posted some pro-Party/pro-Xi memes. Like some simple picture of Xi looking buff or whatever. Stupid shit you see on pro-Communism subreddits.

Boom. His posts taken down and account banned. He chimped out and said "No, I'm on your side supporting the Party, don't you get it?!"

Useful idiots indeed. Welcome to China. They gonna learn about freedom of speech here, China-style.
They'd probably trade him and any other Russian agents back to Putin as part of their non-aggression pact.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Being discussed plenty online.

It’s a fucking fuel fledged environmental disaster.

Edit: I meant "full" but fuel works so im keeping it.
Round up all the politicians and executives responsible for the decisions that led to this, put them in a truck and drive them into a vat of chemicals like the guy in Robocop.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Wyo, I’m absolutely on board for what I’m now dubbing “Robocop Diplomacy.”

Let’s make those bitches leave. Permanently.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Round up all the politicians and executives responsible for the decisions that led to this, put them in a truck and drive them into a vat of chemicals like the guy in Robocop.

Let me assure everyone that the chemicals in the vat in robocop were perfectly safe and the man with his face dripping off his skull had an unrelated ailment.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Let me assure everyone that the chemicals in the vat in robocop were perfectly safe and the man with his face dripping off his skull had an unrelated ailment.

In America we call it a “pre-existing condition.”

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Can we admit there was no spy balloon yet?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't like the idea of burning vinyl chloride guys...

Well they've admitted to shooting down three other non-spy balloons now. Can private entities just launch whatever helium balloon they want without registering them with authorities? Sounds irresponsible if anything.

I still haven't seen an actual photo of the first one they downed. Claims that it was 60ft tall and the size of three school buses seems like a space station of proportions. No doubt these minor details will be washed out. I love the outrage though, as if spying was something only communists do.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
What happened? Last I heard there were Canadian mystery balloons.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't like the idea of burning vinyl chloride guys...

Well they've admitted to shooting down three other non-spy balloons now. Can private entities just launch whatever helium balloon they want without registering them with authorities? Sounds irresponsible if anything.

I still haven't seen an actual photo of the first one they downed. Claims that it was 60ft tall and the size of three school buses seems like a space station of proportions. No doubt these minor details will be washed out. I love the outrage though, as if spying was something only communists do.
Spying is something every country does. But what you're not supposed to do is complain when you're found out. You say, "Haha, yep, you got us," and everyone can move on.

Obviously it's different if people are involved. In those cases, yeah, you lie, pretend, and hope to get your people back. But a balloon, fuck it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
China said there were American spy balloons spotted off the coast near Qingdao (Tsingtao) like a week ago. Whoo whee the comments section lit up with everyone ready to go to war for the motherland.

A week later and no one's talking about it. Short memories I guess.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

StevenK

10 Year Member

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
How is it cherry picking when, according to you, it doesn't back up my argument?

Read between the lines.

"This new account suggests that the ensuing international crisis that has ratcheted up tensions between Washington and Beijing may have been at least partly the result of a mistake."

Still precisely zero evidence it was not a weather balloon other than the government and media calling it a spy balloon.

StevenK

10 Year Member
How is it cherry picking when, according to you, it doesn't back up my argument?

Read between the lines.

"This new account suggests that the ensuing international crisis that has ratcheted up tensions between Washington and Beijing may have been at least partly the result of a mistake."

Still precisely zero evidence it was not a weather balloon other than the government and media calling it a spy balloon.
What is the evidence that it was blown accidentally over US airspace, other than the unnamed officials in this story saying so? Yet you believe it, why?

Then the same unnamed officials, in the same story, say it was a surveillance balloon. Same source, same amount of evidence, yet you don't believe it, why?

In any given story on all of this shit there are only ever two people on the forum who know for sure what happened - smokey, and you. Think about that.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

Read between the lines.

I think you've answered your own question. You're taking the one or two sentences that cast doubt on the guess that these are spy balloons as representative of the full article, despite the fact that 90% of the article argues that they are spy balloons. That's cherry picking.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
What is the evidence that it was blown accidentally over US airspace, other than the unnamed officials in this story saying so? Yet you believe it, why?

Then the same unnamed officials, in the same story, say it was a surveillance balloon. Same source, same amount of evidence, yet you don't believe it, why?

In any given story on all of this shit there are only ever two people on the forum who know for sure what happened - smokey, and you. Think about that.
I don't know for sure what happened. Just making judgement calls as I see fit based on the available evidence. Until evidence is produced to prove the first balloon was a spying device, it seems reasonable to assume it was wasn't.

They've already admitted the other objects shot down were not spying devices. Now they are admitting the first object was blown off course, so even if it was a spying devices, it was not intended to traverse the continental US in the first place.

Major powers spy on each other all the time. The Chinese have hundreds of satellites and other advanced equipment. Why would they use such a low-tech unreliable method? This incident was blown out of proportion for political purposes to rile people up. At this point it doesn't even matter what the truth is. The story had the desired effect.