Blast city monitor appears dark

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
alright so let me fill you in. I plug in my 360 to a blast city via VGA and it seems dim. I put the brightness all the way up and still dark. I can't include a picture but I think it has to do with the VGA port or something... It's just dim/dark. The colors are correct. its a Toshiba tube, ms2932. Thanks for any help.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
try turning up the brightness pot on the flyback transformer...

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
still a little dark but it works much better. probably a really used monitor. Thanks!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Well, some Blast City monitor don't like the VGA signal of the 360 for some reason. If you set everything to the maximum, you're shortening your monitor's life. If you have to set everything back to normal when you're pluggin another system then the problem isn't a dying monitor. Try a Dreamcast, if the image is crisp and clear then it's just the usual weird sync issue that some monitor (pre OSD I think) do have with the 360 VGA signal. Iirc, I've read somewhere that a capcom jvs converter will fix your issue. Google is your friend :)

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
DC'ing the jamma video from the chassis did the trick for me....

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
Tried a dreamcast works great picture is clear and crisp. Thanks guys!

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
I don't know if I should be bumping this old thread, But for future purposes...It turns out the RGB settings were turned all the way down, what I did was turn them all the way up and adjust from there. Simple as that. The monitor looks new! Another note this was a Nanao MS-2932-S, which is 31k only. Now if I could just fit this properly with the bezel on the blast city that would be great. I feel like the tube sticks out too much, anyone with suggestions?

clutch

Geese's Thug
Blast City's come with Nanao monitors, don't they? What is causing yours to stick out too far?