Blast City Club

hedorah

New Challenger
The soul calibur is jamma right? Anything also plugged into the vga port at the same time?

clutch

Geese's Thug
Just about every time I post here, I figure the problem out. It was the extended jamma harness Ken sold me. The thing looks like a POS to begin with. The connector edges are busted, it is definitely old/used. I plugged in the standard harness and all the interference is gone. Now to figure out where on the harness it is causing the problem.

clutch

Geese's Thug
Hey there, we must have posted at the same time. Yes, the Soul Calibur is a jamma board. I've never plugged two things in at the same time because of what you had said earlier. :) I bipped an email to Ken, let's see what he says.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I became a member of the Blast City club today and I was wondering if the official lock for the control panel, coin box, etc uses the Sega key 5575. And anyone know where I can get extra keys since I only have 1 and if I lose it, I am screwed.

clutch

Geese's Thug
Edit: If it is this kind of key, there was a guy on KLOV selling a bunch o' keys. I pm'd him, waiting to hear back.
segakey.jpg

Last edited:

clutch

Geese's Thug
BTW, my problem wasn't caused by the jamma harness. It was originating at the monitor chassis. If I disconnected the jamma video in and unbolted the d-sub connector from the frame, the interference went away and the color came back.

clutch

Geese's Thug
Heard back from guy, he sold out of all the same-key locks. He only has a few unique-key locks left.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Here is the key I have for my Blast City. There is nothing written on the back of the key. Matsu said that these are original Sega keys and locks.

key.jpg

hedorah

New Challenger
He's incorrect, the other Blast that I got from Matsu has the word Sega printed on the keys.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Finally got my Blast City inside my house (it's been sitting in the garage for the past 2 weeks) and installed the Sega 600-7143-001 loom so now I can run JVS games too. Now I just need to make a kick harness. Anyone want to sell me one that is straight plug and play in to my Blast City? I am too lazy to make one myself. :lolz:

BlastCity-2.jpg

BlastCity-3.jpg

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Add me to the Blast City Club. I got mine a little over a week or so ago. It was gutted and abused but bringing it back to life has been my new priority.

I snagged a Naomi setup with VF4 from a friend, the cab was last used for VF4 as evident by the marquee and move stickers.

So far I have removed the monitor, CP, speakers, and remaining wires someone didn't take with them.

The thing was covered with smoke and Coke. A little Purple Power made short work of it all but I still have some discoloration on and in the CP due to the Coke just sitting there for what looks like years.

Today I plan on finally wiring up the monitor to test it out and once I verify it works, I am sending the whole cab off to get painted.

I am thinking of a 2-tone Sega blue/white combo on it but to keep it under budget, may just go back to white.

This weekend I am going to also order my replacement sticks and buttons, just not a fan of the pink and green.

Can someone recommend some suitable replacement wheels for the cab? The bastards even took the damn wheels for it :angry:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Welcome to the club. Make sure you add the club pic to your signature so you get all the respect you deserve for owning the best cab in existence.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Add me to the Blast City Club. I got mine a little over a week or so ago. It was gutted and abused but bringing it back to life has been my new priority.

I snagged a Naomi setup with VF4 from a friend, the cab was last used for VF4 as evident by the marquee and move stickers.

So far I have removed the monitor, CP, speakers, and remaining wires someone didn't take with them.

The thing was covered with smoke and Coke. A little Purple Power made short work of it all but I still have some discoloration on and in the CP due to the Coke just sitting there for what looks like years.

Today I plan on finally wiring up the monitor to test it out and once I verify it works, I am sending the whole cab off to get painted.

I am thinking of a 2-tone Sega blue/white combo on it but to keep it under budget, may just go back to white.

This weekend I am going to also order my replacement sticks and buttons, just not a fan of the pink and green.

Can someone recommend some suitable replacement wheels for the cab? The bastards even took the damn wheels for it :angry:

Did you get this one from DreamTR in Tenn (I think)? If so i heard its missing the Sega I/O board. I actually found one if you are in need.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Welcome to the club. Make sure you add the club pic to your signature so you get all the respect you deserve for owning the best cab in existence.

I'm not real keen on that sig pic, its too...i dont know... country club-ish:rolleyes:

clutch

Geese's Thug
I was working on this one before they came up with the one we use now. Anyone want to take a stab at a more non-country club-ish one? lol!

bsig.jpg

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Actually, I like the plain look of that one. I would definitely rock that on my sig. I think the current one is a bit too busy. Its not horrible by any stretch. Someone went through the effort to create it so I won't let it go to waste.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
it's so tempting to get a blast right now.... Ken said the EII shipment I'm in line for isn't going anywhere. No shipments are leaving JP due to the current situation... will be at least a few more months.

:crying:

I don't know if I can do it though because of no 'tate mech and I don't need high res (yet).

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've got both and E2 and a blast. And I gotta say, in my opinion, the blast is a better cab. The rotate mech is nice don't get me wrong. But everything else about the blast is just better. The wiring is better. The picture is a hair better on E2 for 15k games, but the difference is only for the anal if you have an original nanao 2930-2931 in the Blast.

I've been giving serious consideration to selling the E2 to get another blast. That is how much I like it. I rotated the monitor a total of 2 times in the E2 in the 6 months I've owned it.

I think I'm only holding on to the E2 cause of the rotate mech. I'm going to give rotating the blast's monitor a shot here this weekend and if its not difficult then I got a feeling this baby might be up for sale.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
If you decide to let it go, please give me a shout!! I'll make it worth your while and I have some badass stuff to throw in if you want to trade too! I'm not gettin my hopes up just yet...just throwin it out there.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
I was working on this one before they came up with the one we use now. Anyone want to take a stab at a more non-country club-ish one? lol!

bsig.jpg

I'm liking that alot. In the white space can we get maybe DUB in the same font? I'd say DUB cause you know, Blasts deserve better than just club.

But CLUB is fine too lol :lolz:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
We have more serious concerns brewing than the signature pic guys. Specifically, those Astro City hooligans have started up a club in an attempt to usurp us as the premier candy club.

I tried to post in their thread, but my ill advised goodwill gesture was met with attacks and intimidation.

Just look what they said about us:

"For the money you [blast city owners] spent on that Blast, i could get two, potentially two and a half Astros, and enjoy world class 15Khz gaming. I mean, High res? Really?"

It doesn't get any lower than insulting the rez of a mans cab, thats just off limits.

Last edited:

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
That's right. I'm in your club, knocking your rez.

Let's try and name six good high rez games.

That's what I thought...

:vik: