Big Red Wiring Question

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
When I purchased my big red it had small issue with ghetto wire job on the PSU/transformer. Got my new PSU from suzo happ to replace the original Peter Chou. It still works like a champ, I just wasn't comfortable with the wire job and was too lazy to fix it right now. Ill keep it as a spare and fix it when I can.

Few questions, the 3-pin molex connector going to the transformer has 3 wires on it cut. As you can see from the picture just positive and a negative wire, no ground. Not sure if any of this matters just want to double check.

My main ground from the CPO and other switches in the cab is not hooked up to anything and laying loose in the cab. No idea where it goes.

There is a cut grounding wire coming from the 4 pin molex power switch bundle that looks like it runs up to the top of the cab. My guess is its speaker or IL ground wire. No idea

Any assistance would be appreciated

IMG_1333_zpsa8c2775b.jpg

IMG_1330_zps6fe0e348.jpg

IMG_1329_zps854a0c0a.jpg

IMG_1328_zps554afcf3.jpg

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I just noticed that I do not have any ground wires going to the transformer bolts. I assume the cabinet ground and the other ground would go on the bolts of the transformer. I still would like to know what the 3 cut off wires go to. Could it be a possibility that this is not the correct ISO transformer?

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I took a look inside my cab and the grounds seem to go to one of the screws holding the mesh over the 4 slot mobo in place.