Best Game Trailer

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IyArYLEEDro

I remember buying the playstaion and it came with a preview disk, and philosoma was on there as a trailer. I was blown away by it. Never played the actual game. I'm sure it was no good. But the trailer left an impression.

aria

Former Moderator
My recent favorites have been:

Gears of War -- Theatrical "Mad World" commercial (really worked well on big screen, whole theaters went silent until they figured out it was for a video game)

Assassin's Creed -- "Massive Attack" commercial

some of the Halo 3: Believe commercials, e.g. this and that.

I realize they're all recent, but I think recent video gaming adverts have stepped up away from either the childish-dorky-awesome or the teenage-nerd-awesome.

With that said, I will always have a spot for the original LOZ rap, the performance artist LOZ commercial, Mike Tyson, Sega Game Gear dog, Game Gear squirrel, Phil Hartman's Ice Hockey, Pole Position, Atari's Fun is Back and that C64 commercial: "all my friends are knocking down my door/just to get a look at my Commodore [boom boom] sixtyfour".

aria

Former Moderator
Rade said:
Game Boy Zelda LttP

It's so fucking sad how the lyrics to that rap are still in my head.

Z-Z-Zelda

fuck.

I knew exactly what you were talking about, but its the original (non-color) Link's Awakening, not LttP. I loved that game.

[EDIT: wow, on rewatch this was bad-bad; though it would be funny if that kid grew up to be someone famous like 50 cent]

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Bobak said:
My recent favorites have been:

Gears of War -- Theatrical "Mad World" commercial (really worked well on big screen, whole theaters went silent until they figured out it was for a video game)

Assassin's Creed -- "Massive Attack" commercial

some of the Halo 3: Believe commercials, e.g. this and that.

I realize they're all recent, but I think recent video gaming adverts have stepped up away from either the childish-dorky-awesome or the teenage-nerd-awesome.

With that said, I will always have a spot for the original LOZ rap, the performance artist LOZ commercial, Mike Tyson, Sega Game Gear dog, Game Gear squirrel, Phil Hartman's Ice Hockey, Pole Position, Atari's Fun is Back and that C64 commercial: "all my friends are knocking down my door/just to get a look at my Commodore [boom boom] sixtyfour".

The "Fun Is Back" promo is now in my head. Thanks man. It's taken years to forget about it and now it's back in :(

aria

Former Moderator
OMF2097 said:
The "Fun Is Back" promo is now in my head. Thanks man. It's taken years to forget about it and now it's back in :(

Even after all these years, I can't hear the term "fifty bucks" without muttering in my head "under fifty bucks!?"