best concerts you've ever been to

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Posts
2,164
Somewhat inspired by the "List of bands you'd like to see before you die" thread

Here's my list of best concerts ever:
Daft Punk
Kraftwerk
Radiohead
Tool
65daysofstatic
Vitalic
 

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Posts
60,435
smuf said:
Somewhat inspired by the "List of bands you'd like to see before you die" thread

Here's my list of best concerts ever:
Daft Punk
Kraftwerk
Radiohead
Tool
65daysofstatic
Vitalic

that's an impressive list, but it's a lot easier to see great electronica shows in your area of the world than mine. Shows are too expensive for me most of the time now. Long ago I paid $30 for Nirvana tickets, and the show was terrible. Paying twice that for Dir en Grey and 5 times that for Morrissey and they were both incredible.
 

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
15 Year Member
Joined
May 4, 2004
Posts
10,186
NIN and David Bowie- Fucking sick show best I've seen.
Tool- In a rather small venue the energy was incredible.
Rev. Horton Heat- Nuf said.
Sonic Youth, Cypress Hill, Yo La Tengo, Mighty Mighty Bosstones + Pavement- Lolapalooza9? pretty damn good.

Probabley some others that I can't recall.

For the record:

Phish was easilly the biggest let down of a live performance I've ever seen. I didn't like them in the first place but friends were like "man live is totally different" Yeah it sucked even worse than being forced to listen to them at a friends house.
 

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Posts
34,074
Festivals count?

Woodstock '99

I paid nothing to go (I actually got paid $125).
I got free food and water.
I slept in a tent outside a basehouse that had running watter and a stocked fridge.
I could sleep under food trailers in between the concerts.

All I had to do was work 1 hour each day, counting items as they left trailers.

And the Riot was lots of fun.....
 

Shingo Hibiki

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Joined
Feb 22, 2002
Posts
786
My first concert is by far the best one I've been to. Saw Nine Inch Nails in a small venue.
 

qube

Canadian Moderator
15 Year Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Posts
9,104
•Pigface in '92
•Bauhaus in '98
•New Order '89
•Underworld in '98. The second Underworld show I went to the next year sucked unbelievablly bad though.
•Curve in Houston in '98. Went to 8 Curve shows on that tour, but Houston was the best.
•Ministry in '93
•Apoptygma Berkerk/VNV Nation in Detroit in '00

Tons more, but those are some of the best.
 
Last edited:

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Posts
2,790
norton9478 said:
Festivals count?

Woodstock '99

I paid nothing to go (I actually got paid $125).
I got free food and water.
I slept in a tent outside a basehouse that had running watter and a stocked fridge.
I could sleep under food trailers in between the concerts.

All I had to do was work 1 hour each day, counting items as they left trailers.

And the Riot was lots of fun.....

That was my first concert ever.
 

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Joined
May 18, 2003
Posts
2,109
Foo Fighters acoustic show last year in Chicago, best show ever.

Honorable mention:
Prince
Coheed & Cambria
Tenacious D
Weezer (they've fallen off the wagon, but this was the Yahoo! club tour they did pre-"green album" when Ozma & The Get Up Kids opened, freaking awesome)
 

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Posts
1,886
Coheed and Cambria
The Mars Volta
Circa Survive
Dredg
The Receiving End of Sirens
 

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2001
Posts
7,804
Dir En Grey (just this last sunday)
Dragon Force (on there first US tour)
The Sounds
 

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Posts
3,333
Queens of the Stone Age, Ween, Ween, and Ween. All at the Wiltern, all absolutely incredible shows.
 

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Posts
12,871
Tool (every bit as bad-ass as advertised about a month and a half ago)
The Prodigy (2002 in Vegas...absolutely vicious)
Public Enemy (in their prime in 1990...the greatest hip-hop live act ever)
Run-DMC (they actually played at a college fair...the intimacy of the venue was amazing considering these guys were basically the Beatles of hip-hop)
NWA, Eazy-E, The D.O.C. and Too $hort (my first show ever, Too Short sucks live but Ice Cube and friends were wicked).
 
Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
15 Year Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Posts
9,104
wasabi said:
how old are you?!

Be 30 in about a month.

Saw them when I was almost 13. The show was at the Six Flags that used to be here in Houston, so I got in free with my season pass. From 89-91 I also saw Pet Shop Boys, Morrissey, Book of Love, Information Society, T42, Jesus Jones, and plenty of other shows there. Best $45 bucks a kid could spend back in the day.
 

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Posts
60,435
qube said:
Be 30 in about a month.

Saw them when I was almost 13. The show was at the Six Flags that used to be here in Houston, so I got in free with my season pass. From 89-91 I also saw Pet Shop Boys, Morrissey, Book of Love, Information Society, T42, Jesus Jones, and plenty of other shows there. Best $45 bucks a kid could spend back in the day.

back then I never had any money at all.

And I listened to shit like GnR, Poison, Skid Row, Van Halen, and other things I wouldn't pay to see today.
 

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Posts
1,375
3 Doningtons
Metallica
Machinehead (Drain and Manhole as support)
Iron Maiden (Killer Dwarves as support)
W.A.S.P
Fear Factory
Guns 'n' Roses (NIN as support)
 
Last edited:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2002
Posts
6,303
wasabi said:
back then I never had any money at all.

And I listened to shit like GnR, Poison, Skid Row, Van Halen, and other things I wouldn't pay to see today.

I've seen Skid Row live back when Pantera was just getting big (they toured together). Not a bad show, just really loud. :tickled:

Best show thus far? Pet Shop Boys back in 2002.

They had steered away from the fancy, gaudy shows with all the dancers so it was just them with a backup band. I was about 3 rows away from the stage at the Joint.
 

Andyh

Cheng's Errand Boy
Joined
Apr 28, 2006
Posts
114
Chilli Peppers and Tenacious D are two of the best i have seen.
 

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Posts
2,948
AC/DC were great, also saw Reel Big Fish in the 7th grade. Oh, and the Smithereens recently.

I'll have to go see Sonic Youth now to cancel out the lowbrowness
 
Top