Back Surgery, Amazing!

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
I had a Herniated Disk operated on 2 days ago, I just went for a 20 min. walk around the neighborhood.
Modern medicine is quite amazing. I've heard so many horror stories from older folks about how these procedures were done years ago that I thought I'd be layed up for some time. Just thought I'd throw this out there due to my suprise.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Good to hear, man. They may be better than they were, but not all spine procedures go so well. You've been blessed.

aria

Former Moderator
I'm happy yours went well, it's still one of those areas where there's a certain amount of rolling the dice on whether things are better/worse/same/different-problem/etc.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Lucky guy. My dad had 3 herniated disks and has 2-3 screws in his back, lost a lot of mobility from it and he was laid up for MONTHS. good to hear that it went so well, hope it all stays that well.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Lucky guy. My dad had 3 herniated disks and has 2-3 screws in his back, lost a lot of mobility from it and he was laid up for MONTHS. good to hear that it went so well, hope it all stays that well.

A friend of mine screwed up his back playing kickball a couple years ago. Has had tingling and problems with his leg since. A couple doctors recommended surgery on his back. Did nothing. Luckily he didn't end up any worse out of the equation, but I know he was a bit disappointed by it. As pretty much everyone has said in this thread already, it's still a mixed bag on how it is going to turn out. Good to hear it worked out so well for you, though!

Marek

Banned
A friend of mine screwed up his back playing kickball a couple years ago. Has had tingling and problems with his leg since. A couple doctors recommended surgery on his back. Did nothing. Luckily he didn't end up any worse out of the equation, but I know he was a bit disappointed by it. As pretty much everyone has said in this thread already, it's still a mixed bag on how it is going to turn out. Good to hear it worked out so well for you, though!

Theres a hardcore kickball league where I live. Its hilarious. I saw my friends busted eye and he goes "Yeah I laid out to catch a pop fly in kickball" Full face smash

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Congrats on the surgery going well. I had two back surgeries last year thanks to a ruptured disc. The first back surgery went ok until 10 days later where the pain came back so bad I could not get out of bed for more than a few minutes at a time. It was so bad I could not even go in to see my doc so he ordered an MRI over the phone. Getting to the MRI was pure hell since unless I was laying flat I was in pure pain; even after popping a load of Vicodin. Second surgery a week after the MRI went great and I was able to move around a lot more even after just a few days recovery. I have been better ever since with the occasional pain here and there. Vicodin withdrawal is a bitch though.

I recommend taking it easy on your back for pretty much the rest of your life. One of my brothers and I have had the same surgery and we both find that if we lift anything over 45lbs now we pay for it in pain for a couple of days. I'm sure you will feel your way through the recovery though. How big was the cut they made? My incision was around 3 inches.