Asuka 100% and Advanced V.G. [which versions are best?]

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
There are quite a few versions for psx/saturn of these 2 games...but which ones are the best?? And worth getting?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Never played AVG, but Asuka 120% is dumb fun, just a big ole dial-a-combo fighter.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Advanced V.G. on the saturn is ok. It has great music, but I don't care for the hit detection. Honestly, Super V.G. for the super famicom has better hit detection.

I would try to pick up advanced V.G. 2 for the psx. I have never played it, but the presentation looks leagues above the predecesors. There is a super bar/better graphics/ etc. Sure these are shallow novelties but it might be worth taking the chance on that game because most likely you will be dissapointed with saturn advanced V.G.

Asuka 120%(burning fest excellent) is alot of fun for psx. However I heard that the saturn port has better animation resolution. The saturn port (burning fest limited?) may be less expensive as well.

Asuka plays better out of the two. Asuka is a real dial a combo fest as posted above. The game is a juggle fest as well. Advanced V.G. has the pre "combos are all the rage" feeling to it. You can find some links and two in ones but nothing fancy..or broken as far as I know. Advanced V.G. has it's charm but you would be better off buying Asuka 120%.

Last edited:

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Asuka 120% Excellent Burning Festival is the one I have (PSX), and it rocks.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Never played the PS1 versions, but I own the Saturn ports and they're fun enough to warrant owning if you're a big 2D fighter fan like I am

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
AVG2 for PSX is a lot of fun. Graphics and animation are pretty cool and it's easy to get to grips with.

Not played the other game.

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Advanced V.G 2 on the Playstation was better than the Asuka 100% Burning Fest game series(the last one was good actually).:buttrock: