Asia region PS4 RPGs with English Subtitles the new thing?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Is there a new trend for Asia region PS4 RPGs with English subtitles? I just noticed it now with Ys Origin.

Ys Origin physical release PS4 30 bucks

Seems like a good thing to me... Asia region releases are generally cheaper, have the nice cover art like the Japanese versions, etc.

ys_zps0sj61emi.jpg~original

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wouldn't say it's a new thing. There are actually many ESL countries in asia, so these releases are usually meant for them. Philippines etc.
It's quite common on Vita and PC.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Yeah Asian English games are nothing new really, it's just that they have more awareness now due to most systems being region free. And stuff that publishers refuse to release here like DOAX3 will usually get an Asian English release because SJW's aren't rampant over there. All in all, they are awesome though and I have quite a few of them on Vita.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Thanks for the heads up fellas! Any notable ones you remember and recommended on ps3 and maybe ps4 worth a look? Especially any that only got a digital version in the west.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
not only is it cheaper, but a lot of rpg's don't get released in the west. especially in europe. so having english subs is great news for rpg fans. only if they implemented this when i was deep into the genre.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I love this Asia English thing now because they are releasing games like super robot wars in english, gundam games , etc.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Thanks for the heads up fellas! Any notable ones you remember and recommended on ps3 and maybe ps4 worth a look? Especially any that only got a digital version in the west.

PS3:
River City: Super Sports Challenge
Resident Evil Remaster HD
Okami HD
Siren: New Translation
Rain
Railfan: Taiwan High Speed Rail

PS4:
DOAX3
Gundam Breaker 3
SD Gundam G
Gundam Versus
Deception IV: Nightmare Princess
Super Robot Wars V
Super Robot Wars OG
River City Melee Battle
Alienation
Shadow of the Beast
Caladrius Blaze
Fat Princess Adventures
Infamous First Light

There's a lot more probably, but you get the idea. There's also a lot of cool exclusives on the Vita if you're into that system.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Yeah, Vita has been getting a lot of Asian English releases which is kind of cool. Oreshika was another that was pretty in demand there for awhile as well.