Are home MVS users getting screwed w/ 2003?

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
I haven't seen any news to the MVS cart, nor it being for sale.

And the neostore news says the next update is going to happen next year?

:spock:

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
This shouldn't be a surprise to you. I'm a home MVS user also and we don't exist in SNKP's eyes so we have to deal with it. Just buy the board if you're really worried about it (yeah I know someone always says that but it's pretty much our only option). I'm still waiting for my SVC cart, which I don't think is coming out but for some reason I hang onto my pre-order.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
Loopz said:
S-U-P-E-R-G-U-N.

Quit fearing teh JAMMA peeps.

no, I don't fear the JAMMA. It's just, that all the JAMMA boards will get snatched by arcade operators =/

KMGor

Morden's Lackey
Loopz said:
S-U-P-E-R-G-U-N.

Quit fearing teh JAMMA peeps.

I like having a cab, and superguns cost just as much as one anyways. Of course, my cab is 100% JAMMA compliant (MV1F) :lol:

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
I would not say home MVS users are getting screwed just because KOF'03 is not being produced on the MVS cart.

The Jamma PCB I hear is pretty expensive, most Neo Fans have a Home System so you can buy the KOF'03 Home Cart if you really think that you need to play it that bad.

It will probably come out on one of the new systems anyways, the new release on the mvs cart is probably seeing its last days.....its called evolution.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I like having a cab, and superguns cost just as much as one anyways

I can make one for about $120 with a JROK... :spock: where are you getting your cabinets?

KMGor

Morden's Lackey
NGT said:
I can make one for about $120 with a JROK... :spock: where are you getting your cabinets?

Eh, I really meant a neo geo board + super gun. But yeah, you're right. Does $120 include a PSU and controllers? Super Guns still cost too much though, for me personally. If I'm going to play arcade games I want it to be in a cab, superguns just aren't my style.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
JAMMA or MVS; It makes little difference to me, apart from the inability to use the UNI-BIOS with the JAMMA board.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
My initial thoughts were that they produced these Jamma boards to deter bootlegging but after seeing how fast SvCc was released on the black market one could only believe it was done for the sole reason of making their product accessible to any arcade vendor that wanted to have it without them trying to hunt down an MVS cab to stick a cartridge in.
It was definitely a good move on SNKp's behalf and probably would have been a good idea for SNK to do. Now just because they create a Jamma board does'nt mean that they can't produce the MVS cart as well but I don't think it would be profitable and almost like SNKP would be competing against themselves..
I really can't see an MVS version of SvCC being released at this point as the Jamma board is pretty much holding a value around 200.00
-BB

TacoFace

Rugal's Thug
I'm an MVS user and I think it sucks and I hate the idea of not seeing brand new released MVS carts in my Cab .

But theres already so many good games on Neo Geo I don't have yet , I think I'll be alright .

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Eh, I really meant a neo geo board + super gun. But yeah, you're right. Does $120 include a PSU and controllers? Super Guns still cost too much though, for me personally. If I'm going to play arcade games I want it to be in a cab, superguns just aren't my style.

well, that's supergun only...lol....

I can get a 1 slot for around 80-90....and make an arcade control pannel with buttons for about 40 including paint and wood. I could make the vega-jr style one for about $160-170 and then the motherboard..which..depends on what type you want...

also, it's a lot cheaper to get shipped then a cab ;)

BUT......IMO, the main reason people get superguns and consolized motherboards is to save on space....not to save tons of money. If I had the room I would have 5 cabs up and running.... but I don't........so I have one cab, 2 superguns, and a consolized one-slot.

IMO, everyone would prefer to have a room full of cabinets....but not many have a whole room they can dedicat to just that...

so in comes the handy-dandy supergun to the rescue :glee:

KMGor

Morden's Lackey
NGT said:
well, that's supergun only...lol....

I can get a 1 slot for around 80-90....and make an arcade control pannel with buttons for about 40 including paint and wood. I could make the vega-jr style one for about $160-170 and then the motherboard..which..depends on what type you want...

also, it's a lot cheaper to get shipped then a cab ;)

BUT......IMO, the main reason people get superguns and consolized motherboards is to save on space....not to save tons of money. If I had the room I would have 5 cabs up and running.... but I don't........so I have one cab, 2 superguns, and a consolized one-slot.

IMO, everyone would prefer to have a room full of cabinets....but not many have a whole room they can dedicat to just that...

so in comes the handy-dandy supergun to the rescue :glee:

So around $300? That's $50 cheaper then my cab was. But yeah, I really don't have space for another cab. Well, maybe one more, I'm going to get a brand new candy 4-slot in another year and put it in my room - my first cab has a LOT of problems, and I don't know if I'll be able to fix them all...

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
NGT said:

Exactly, im going to have to build a compact SG for these jamma boards, not that big of a problem. :cool: