Anyone getting Guilty Gear: XX Slash for PStwo

Kagutsuchi00

Kuroko's Training Dummy
dakingofzumunda said:
I've been playing the game for a few weeks since it's release. I haven't had an issue executing special moves at all. That's kind of weird.

I'm using one of those SF Anniversary pads by Nuby too. Need to get a Hori stick soon.

Order Sol is still a pain for me also.

I had an offical Hori GGXX stick. It was pretty awesome, but the slash button popped out while I was doing Sol's Dust Loop.

I took it as an OMEN. :kekeke:

The best thing to do to beat cheap bosses and missions in GG is to get a basic gattling combo that ends in a knockdown and begins with a low jab, dash in until the computer starts to stand up, and repeat the gattling combo. This really helps with characters you don't play normally and helps unlocks colors faster.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
my friend has it. It's a nice improvement. ABA and Holy Order sol are nice additions to the roster, and the game is more balanced again. A few new moves as well. Really it's just an updated version, but the game is really popular in jap land so why change the formula? They can keep just stacking mroe and more til it grows stale. I hope the next game will have new sprites and maybe a different-esque system.

They also made mission mdoe not impossible

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Don't know how to feel about the new missions. They were about a million times easier to complete than #R. I wish they would've put some extra ones in that were harder.

No problems with the port so it's all good.

And it's not like Sol is hurting for having lost the dust loop. He's quite a bit better now.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
I picked this up a few days ago. It seems overall more rebalanced and friendly, but is anyone else having a slightly harder time executing special moves?

I played it a couple of times and I haven't noticed anything different.

I'm gonna have a helluva time re-learning (AGAIN!!) Venom's Stinger Aim FRC, but it made me immensely happy that his Devious Curve is now FRC-able.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Domino-chan said:
I played it a couple of times and I haven't noticed anything different.

I'm gonna have a helluva time re-learning (AGAIN!!) Venom's Stinger Aim FRC, but it made me immensely happy that his Devious Curve is now FRC-able.

silence you Potemkin smash puny poolstick wonder. SMASH!!!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Served up a nice dish of hell to my buddy last night. 10 wins in a row, suckas!

bridgetairdustani.gif

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
silence you Potemkin smash puny poolstick wonder. SMASH!!!

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?! YOU WILL GIVE ME TP, BUNGOLIO!!

::cough:: sorry.

I've all but slaughtered my Sol/Faust/Ky/Anji-using friends with Venom. :smirk: And now that Venom can make billiard balls with Dust, it's all over.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Domino-chan said:
ARE YOU THREATENING ME?! YOU WILL GIVE ME TP, BUNGOLIO!!

::cough:: sorry.

I've all but slaughtered my Sol/Faust/Ky/Anji-using friends with Venom. :smirk: And now that Venom can make billiard balls with Dust, it's all over.

we don't have any venom players in our group. I used to play Eddie, but i switched to the simpler Potemkin. Eddie requires holding down buttons which can only be done on an arcade stick and he was just too complicated. Potemkin is pretty basic, and without any dashes he reminds me of someone out of street fighter alpha. Once I bring the fight down to my pace it's all over I just smash em to bits and al they do is run. hahaha

Holy-Order Sol, Dizzy, and Testament are hard for me though. Other than that fear the potemkin buster

Formation Z

Amusaka's Lacky
Um last night while my friend and I were messing around in training mode, I still managed to pull off a dust loop. Looks like it may not be entirely dead, on the other hand, I don't know if it's practical in actual battle though anyone who knows more about the technical jargon is free to clear that up.

I did that slam grab, then I kick it off with a super jump dust like kicking off a dust loop on regular GGXX, and did the rest #R style and was able to get 10 hits.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
ResOGlas said:
Served up a nice dish of hell to my buddy last night. 10 wins in a row, suckas!

bridgetairdustani.gif

Try getting good at a real game :chimp:
q-sa2.gif
:chimp:

;)

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
shirt said:
Try getting good at a real game :chimp:
q-sa2.gif
:chimp:

;)

I like 3s and all but it's not nearly as good as GGXX for me, GGXX is fast and unforgiving, 3s is just too classic and basic (not that thats bad).

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
jro said:
kekeke before the cannon blasts...

Hey hey hey. I don't mean the game has nothing to offer I'm just saying that theres nothing like a good old FRC into some 30+ massive combo.

3s is one of my fav games but damn theres nothing more rewarding than doing sol's dust loop.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
iamyagami22 said:
I like 3s and all but it's not nearly as good as GGXX for me, GGXX is fast and unforgiving, 3s is just too classic and basic (not that thats bad).

I have no hatred for GG, but it's completely not my thing. It does come off as a bit pretentious. There's also no denying I'm just god awful at the game.

SF3 is incredibly deep, I can't buy the "basic" thing. I haven't even scratched the surface, and it's the one game I consider myself as having any skill at.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
shirt said:
I have no hatred for GG, but it's completely not my thing. It does come off as a bit pretentious. There's also no denying I'm just god awful at the game.

SF3 is incredibly deep, I can't buy the "basic" thing. I haven't even scratched the surface, and it's the one game I consider myself as having any skill at.

I know it's deep in the sense that whats there is complex, what I'm try to say is that it's more limited than GG. Even that sounds pretty bad, but I'm just trying to point out is that theres more to do in GG, like RC's, FRC's, Dust attacks, Bursts, Air Dashes, Double Jumps, tech block etc... 3s is a great game but it lacks the huge variety of play mechanics that GGXX has. Part of that is because that GGXX is a newer game.