any good mech games for ps2?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
uhh, Heard of Armored Core?

Second that motion. Buy 'em all, like Pokemon.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Gundam Federation vs Zeon if that counts, and no I am not a Gundam fan by no means.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Yeah Armored Core is like, the plodding flagship of PS2 mech games.

Assuming you don't like that anime-type 'Zone of Enders' shit.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I had AC2...

They tried to make me go through a training sequence. So I traded it in at EB for $7.50 in credit.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
neo_X7 said:
Gundam Federation vs Zeon if that counts, and no I am not a Gundam fan by no means.

Best Mech game every to me. And I am a raging Gundam fan, and that game was the best one I have ever played.

dj898

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
PS2
Journey to Jaburo US/JP
0079 Zeonic Front JP/US
Lost War Chronicles JP/KR
Meguriaisora JP/KR
Encounter in Space US
Renpou Vs Zeon DX US/JP
G-Saver JP
Gundam Seed US/JP/KR
Gundam Seed:? US/JP
Zeta Gundam A.E.U.G. Vs Titanz JP
Gundam Vs Zeta GundamcJP
One Year War JP
Girennoyabou JP

think that's about all Gundam PS2 titles excluding any of SD series...

cheers

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Does anybody have screen shots of Gundam G-Savior? It had a extremely limited run and I can’t find any information on it.

dj898

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
neo_X7 said:
Does anybody have screen shots of Gundam G-Savior? It had a extremely limited run and I can’t find any information on it.

I bought sealed G-Savior in Japan for 850 yen although haven't played it yet.
give me a few days and i will see whether I can grab few shots off my PDP screen...
no promise though...

have you seen G-Savior movie DVD? It was pure classic B grade telly movie...
I was surprised someone in US would make live drama based on Gundam. o_O

cheers

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
There is also Front Mission 4 if you like turn-based stuff. I found it boring, myself, but then again all turn-based shit puts me to sleep.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Also their is Virtual ON, ZOE series, and Transformers. But I don't know if you are looking for a mech, mech as in mech warrior or just a game with robots and mechs in it.

dj898

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm getting a joystick modified for Gundam play - specifically Gundam Vs Z Gundam and its other variant. I also saw someone has done the mod to the twin analogue stick with all the button and trigger rewired for Gundam titles - ala Virtual On style... :p

I found VO on PS2 lacking since there's no Twinstick for PS2. I prefer VO on DC using DC Twinstick...

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
dj898 said:
have you seen G-Savior movie DVD? It was pure classic B grade telly movie...
I was surprised someone in US would make live drama based on Gundam. o_O

cheers

Yeah, I have the US Reg 1 DVD, it's the only Gundam DVD I own. For it to be the 20th anniversary movie I think that they sould have spend more on the budget.

I am thinking picking up Zeta Gundam A.E.U.G. Vs Titans JP since I have heard good things about it.

dj898

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
neo_X7 said:
Yeah, I have the US Reg 1 DVD, it's the only Gundam DVD I own. For it to be the 20th anniversary movie I think that they sould have spend more on the budget.

I am thinking picking up Zeta Gundam A.E.U.G. Vs Titans JP since I have heard good things about it.

get Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam instead. It's what Renpou Vs Zeon DX on PS2 is to the arcade Renpou Vs Zeon.
after releasing Zeta Gundam AEUG Vs Titanz instead of releasing AEUG Vs Titanz DX they simply released Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam. It's out on both PS2 and GC so you have the choice...

I'm thinking of picking up One Year War when it's released in April...

another good Gundam titles are Lost War Chronicles as it let you play as ace pilots from both sides... a lot of replayability...

meguriaisora wasn't too bad although I wasn't that impressed with it... I prefer Zeonic Front myself really...

and don't get me started on Gundam Seed crap... :p Sure the game is decent enough but I hate that series and any other TV series after ZZ Gundam. I think Zeta Gundam was the last decent TV series although there are many gems with OVA release...

cheers

Last edited: