Among others, Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum coming to XBLA

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
looks like a solid port and nice to play a SNKP game i haven't played to death already. only played the PS2 version for a very short while due to the rubbish load times.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
iS9SufTpK7BjU7SE8FPKkd9BuCDnP62J.jpg

OMG...actual....EFFORT...is being made

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Wow! I enjoyed that game and now its gonna look even better. Yeah its no KOF98 but its a fun romp.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Dude. KILLER. Actual effort into updating the sprites.

WHAT IF THEY DID THIS TO KOF 2002 UM?!?!?!?!

WHAT IF THEY DID THIS TO KOF 2002 UM?!?!?!?!

FUCK YES.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I think the reason these don't come to psn is because they already released all of these games for ps2 (with online play through kddi) in Japan.

So they would more or less be releasing the same games for psn (free online play) opposed to kddi which you have to pay a monthly fee for.

People would be like, "what the fuck?" Or something like that, that's my best guess of trying to make sense of it.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I think the reason these don't come to psn is because they already released all of these games for ps2 (with online play through kddi) in Japan.

So they would more or less be releasing the same games for psn (free online play) opposed to kddi which you have to pay a monthly fee for.

People would be like, "what the fuck?" Or something like that, that's my best guess of trying to make sense of it.

Shit, you're absolutely right! :(

Is there a exclusive deal just with XBL because as a PS3 owner im feeling overlooked with these games. ;(

That could very well be it.
So, I guess unless KDDI terminates their contract with SNKP, we probably won't be seeing any of those Neo-Geo compilation games on PSN for awhile.
Sounds to me like the old "Screw the rest of the world- let's focus only on Japan" excuse.
Then again, with the most recent PS3 models having phased out PS2 backwards compatibility, I have a feeling SNKP's games will wind up on PSN sooner or later (in Japan, at least- the rest of the world may be left hanging for a while).

Still, I would like to see some of those games arrive for PSN worldwide sometime down the road (especially since, statistically speaking, even the DS and PSP are clobbering the XB360 in terms of sales in Japan).

Last edited:

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Those updated sprites look pretty damn good. I might actually have to rebuy this when it hits XBLA.

oni2382

New Challenger
This is great news....All I need now is a port of SVC, Last Blade and KoF X1

oni2382

New Challenger
Fag stop trying to bring others down with your lonely ass self!

It looks good but I am wondering how many points it will cost?

I'm betting 1600, but I hope I'm wrong and it ends up being 1200... We'll see

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
The 3D BG's were in the PS2 port so i'm guessing they have just bought them over to the XBL version too.

Bg's look very very low res, hopefully it'll look a lot better when its actually out.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
If they are making an effort with the visuals... maybe, just maybe, the net code will also deserve their attention.
Now i´m starting to be afraid... this might end being a good SNKP release. Can´t wait to see for myself.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,

This can't be the reason why. I have no idea if the KDDI service is still even available, but they stopped offering online play in their PS2 games after 2008, so games like KOF 2002 Unlimited Match don't have online capability on PS2. Yet it only got an XBLA announcement. Metal Slug XX and Sky Stage are also coming out only on XBLA and not on PSN.

Also those games are/were only online in Japan. It doesn't make sense for them to lose out on sales world wide just because of some old PS2 games in Japan.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm encouraged by the fact that the localization effort looks decent.

Dare I hope the online isn't buggered?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
The most likely reason for these games to come to Xbox 360 instead of PS3 is because they already have PC and/or Windows-based hardware to work from. A DC port of Garou, a PC port of SS2, KOF98UM is a Taito Type-X1, NGBC was Atomiswave.

Fett

Camel Slug
It's cool that they're improving the sprites, but at what cost? I picked up a used PS2 copy from an online used game seller for $5 shipped a few months ago.