Alpha/zero 3 on the Dreamcast?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
=Nesagwa the Dreamcast ports (both of them are the same outside of the online matching) is an earlier version and not the same game as SFZ3 Upper.

so both the dreamcast ports,sta3 and sfa3 matching services are the exact same game and has the same faults,but one has online play and the other doesn't?.if this is right,then you have answered my question.

you see i have the first release of sfa3 on my dreamcast.but recently found out that it was a crappy port from the arcade version with many fualts and bugs and glitches.so what i wanted to know is,is the matching services re-release the same game with the same faults as the first one.because if it's an imroved version,i would like to purchas it and play it wright.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Seriously?

Damn man, you have gotten enough responses as to which way to go as far as the game is concerned. Although I respect your conviction to find the best possible port, I personally think either of the two DC ports should do just fine for whatever it is you intend to use it for.

Your game, meaning your skill, will work the same on either port. Why not go for the Naomi disc if you're that bent on perfection?

Also, you may want to talk to the SRK crowd, they are very knowledgeable on ports, specially capcom ports.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Seriously?

Damn man, you have gotten enough responses as to which way to go as far as the game is concerned. Although I respect your conviction to find the best possible port, I personally think either of the two DC ports should do just fine for whatever it is you intend to use it for.

Your game, meaning your skill, will work the same on either port. Why not go for the Naomi disc if you're that bent on perfection?

Also, you may want to talk to the SRK crowd, they are very knowledgeable on ports, specially capcom ports.

lol, i know what you mean,but no one has answered my question properly.
all i whant to know is,is there a differance between the two releases of sfa/z 3 on the dreamcast.or are they the exsact same game,with the same faults.people just respond with irelevant answeres like how sfa upper is differant with the cpu2 or the the saturn port and controller.
and who is the SRK crowd and how can i find them?.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
One thing no one really mentions is the Saturn version is the only version that allows you to play dramatic battle against the entire character roster. All the other versions only allow you to fight the main handful of bosses.

That one simple fact, mixed in with the Saturn controller and a few others, makes the Saturn version the superior port. And with that awesome version of dramatic battle, better than the arcade IMO.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I did mentioned it JD.

bogard, go to shoryuken.com and see if they can help.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
They're both the "arcade version."

CPS-2 = Street Fighter Alpha 3 (arcade)
Naomi = Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 Upper (arcade)

The Naomi version (Upper) is a revision on the CPS2 version (SFA3) with the changes listed in that thread.

The original PSX, Dreamcast and Saturn ports of SFA3 for CPS2 (ie. not Upper) are all pretty much the same game - each changing things the other did and adding certain modes or having things like Guile unlocked from the get go.

Upper came out in arcades on Naomi 2001 (after all of the PSX, DC and Saturn ports mentioned already) and incorporated changed made in those home ports. So the Dreamcast ports (both of them are the same outside of the online matching) is an earlier version and not the same game as SFZ3 Upper.

If you want to play Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper on consoles, you need to get Street Fighter Alpha Anthology on PS2 (which will have the regular version of SFA3 on top of having a slightly altered version of Upper) or the PSP version of Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX.

Still not quite sure what youre asking here, but there you go.

I always wondered why playing Upper on my naomi arcade felt so much different than playing playing the CPS2 version on my blast city. Thanks for all the info.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
What about the PS2 vesion?

the ps2 version is an option,but i do would prefer it on the dreamcast.and plus.i heard the ps2 version has no diffeculty options.so you can't change the difeculty.and the whole ps2 controller thing is a problem as well.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
the ps2 version is an option,but i do would prefer it on the dreamcast.and plus.i heard the ps2 version has no diffeculty options.so you can't change the difeculty.and the whole ps2 controller thing is a problem as well.

Whats wrong with the ps2 controller? I prefer it over the dc controller any day.

I prefer the Saturn port over all the other versions, but there is nothing wrong with Sf Anthology (Ps2) or Street Fighter Zero 3 (DC). Unless your a hardcore SFZ3 player, I doubt you'll notice any differences other than the extra characters.