Alex Kidd anime?

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Does anybody remember the old Alex Kidd games on the Sega Master System/Sega Mark III and that one lame piece of shit that passed for an Alex Kidd game on the Genesis/Megadrive? Better still, does anybody got good memories of them all?

I remember hearing waaaaay back in the early 90's that Alex Kidd had an anime in Japan the games were loosely based off of. Anybody know if this is true, and if so, was the anime worth checking out?

I personally thought Alex Kidd in Miracle World gave Super Mario Bros a serious run for its money, and Alex Kidd and the Lost Stars was cool as hell with voices on an 8-bit cart and borderline 16-bit quality graphics. Never got to play Shinobi Kidd though... frown

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
I have zero recolection of any Alex Kid anime but the SMS games kickes serious ass !

A friend and I played through all of them more than once ! truely some great games. wink

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
candycab:
I have zero recolection of any Alex Kid anime but the SMS games kickes serious ass !

A friend and I played through all of them more than once ! truely some great games. wink
Was Shinobi Kidd any good? All I mainly remember of it was instead of fighting Ken-Oh as the first boss, you fought Mari-Oh. You think Sega may have incured a tiny lawsuit out of that? :D

There was a fourth Alex Kidd game on the SMS that totally eludes me. You happen to remember that one?

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Lou Gojira:
candycab:

Was Shinobi Kidd any good? All I mainly remember of it was instead of fighting Ken-Oh as the first boss, you fought Mari-Oh. You think Sega may have incured a tiny lawsuit out of that? :D

There was a fourth Alex Kidd game on the SMS that totally eludes me. You happen to remember that one?
Well Im not sure which game you cant remember ? I still have 1 or 2 of them as well as my SMS.

they were Alex Kidd and the Lost Stars ,Alex Kidd in Miracle World,Alex Kidd in Shinobi World and Alex Kidd: High Tech World.

Shinobi world was a good game as I remember it , it had some great graphics for the time and the SMS which seemed to have the graphical edge over the NES at the time bye a long shot.
I do remember the game as being a bit easy difficulty wise but it definitly warrants a purchase if you like the series. bye the way I still have a very clean and complete Alex Kid in High Tech World if you may be interested ?

I have a quite a few SMS games all from my personall collection bought new way back when if you may be looking for any ? shoot me a PM if you want and we can yap about it wink

<small>[ July 05, 2003, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: candycab ]</small>

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Nesagwa:
Dont forget the Alex Kidd sports game.
hmm looks like I already have , what game was that ?

Bye the way Friday the 13th part 2 is on and it kicks ass ! was this the 3D movie ? it looks like it was definitly filmed that way.

Man I cant spell for shit tonight either oh_no

<small>[ July 05, 2003, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: candycab ]</small>

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Alex Kidd: BMX Trial - Sega Master System
<a href="http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/sms/data/17789.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/sms/data/17789.html</a>

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
I must have missed that all together ? I dont remember that game at all.

lol ... not that it matters but this thing loves me and pretty much hates as far as it can see otherwise .... just thought I would share .. although Im not too sure why ? wink

<a href="http://geocities.com/head100@pacbell.net/" target="_blank">http://geocities.com/head100@pacbell.net/</a>

<small>[ July 05, 2003, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: candycab ]</small>

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Alex Kidd in shinobi world was hard as shit. But I like the rest of the games. Well, I didnt like Hi Tech world either.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Hi Tech World wasn't an Alex Kidd game. It was converted to one and released in Europe and the US. In Japan the original game had nothing to do with Alex Kidd.

and the BMX Trial game only came out in Japan.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
There is no bad Alex Kid game, i think people are harsh on the Megadrive game cause it wasnt a great leep to 16bit, people wanted more from a new machine.

Hi-Tech world is the most interesting, though Miracle World is the most classic to me.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Baseley09:
There is no bad Alex Kid game, i think people are harsh on the Megadrive game cause it wasnt a great leep to 16bit, people wanted more from a new machine.

Hi-Tech world is the most interesting, though Miracle World is the most classic to me.
My biggest problem with The Enchanted Castle (I think that was the 16-bit Alex Kidd) was that you never fought any of the bosses. It was all games of Janken-Po. The least Sega could've done was mix up the fighting with the Janken-Po like in Miracle World. That and the way they drew Alex. He looked like a toy on the Megadrive/Genesis, but on 8-bit he looked more like a real kid. Oh well.... Sega just left him and Opa Opa (Fantasy Zone II was the shit!) to disappear with time... frown

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I have a quite a few SMS games all from my personall collection bought new way back when if you may be looking for any ? shoot me a PM if you want and we can yap about it
Problem is I don't have a Master System anymore. :(
That's the only system I haven't replaced after selling it, and honestly I don't know why. The Master System had a sweet bunch of games on it. I still catch myself wishing I could play the Alex Kidd games, Phantasy Star, Fantasy Zone I and II, the Wonder Boy games, Zillion, etc...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hell yes, Alex the Kidd was Sega's 1st mascot! Alex the Kidd: The Miracle Star (*announcer* FIND THE MAGICAL BALL!!! DODODODO!) But his annoying scream got on my nerves...Alex the Kidd in Shinobi World, god it sucked! I have no idea why Alex the Kidd would do something like this. As for the others, never got a chance. Yet this game was really meant for the youth and trying to take a hit at the Mario Series during 86'

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Yet this game was really meant for the youth and trying to take a hit at the Mario Series during 86'
I can certainly agree with you on The Lost Stars being for kids, but withhold that statement until you play Miracle World. Miracle World gave even obnoxious teenagers (like me in '85-86) a serious challenge. Honestly though, I blame a lot of it on the control of Miracle World. Check this out:

Button II-Button I
Jump------Punch

What sort of crazy shit was that? Practically all platformers had the Jump button toward the edge of the controller. Why Miracle World was different is beyond me, but you can probably guess it took a lot of getting used to before you could really get far, with the precision jumping anyway. Thankfully this got fixed in The Lost Stars. :)

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Orochi Iori Yagami:
Hell yes, Alex the Kidd was Sega's 1st mascot! Alex the Kidd: The Miracle Star (*announcer* FIND THE MAGICAL BALL!!! DODODODO!) But his annoying scream got on my nerves...Alex the Kidd in Shinobi World, god it sucked! I have no idea why Alex the Kidd would do something like this. As for the others, never got a chance. Yet this game was really meant for the youth and trying to take a hit at the Mario Series during 86'
Actually I think Opa Opa was Sega's first mascot.

Freelancer

Banned
Orochi Iori Yagami:
Correction: It was FIND THE MIRACLE BALL!!!DODODODO! if I recall correctly! wink :D :p