Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yes.

I’ll be interested to see how this accident occurred.

Someone should have went to jail for the negligence that occurred leading to Brandon Lee’s death.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Just saw this headline a few minutes ago... Man, doing something like that would fuck you up.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Dude shot the cinematographer and killed her and wounded the director.

I really need to know how this happened.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
That fucking sucks, man if it was a stunt person or whatever that would still be horrible but the cinematographer damn.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
That fucking sucks, man if it was a stunt person or whatever that would still be horrible but the cinematographer damn.
That's why this isn't a Brandon Lee situation at all.

I mean....maybe the shot called for him to point a gun at the camera.

Don't think it cared for him to point it at the person behind it.

Aren't there safety protocols for this sort of thing?

And then the director?

Was he strung out?

Whatever Baldwin is a douche. Feel sorry for his victims bit I hope he does time. I have no pity for him at all.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ll give Baldwin the benefit of the doubt until we know more.

The “safety” protocols didn’t prevent Brandon Lee from being killed. His death was pure negligence.

If there was an actual live round in Baldwin’s gun I’d be very curious as to why that was the case as it seems to me there would be no reason to have live ammunition on set, other than blanks (which still present some danger). These type of things should be checked, checked again, triple checked, and then a second person verifies the same.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
In the Crow's case it was actors pointing at other actors.

This is an actor pointing a gun at crew. I want to know why.

Also, after Brandon Lee, regardless of who's having the gun pointed at them, this just shouldn't be happening.

Did they forget?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m honestly not sure, it’s clear movies do have actors point guns, sometimes loaded with blanks, at other actors and then fire them. IMO that’s an incredibly dangerous stunt where serious precautions need to take place.

The gun that killed Brandon Lee had a bullet lodged in the barrel. They then loaded blanks for the scene and the burning powder/expanding gas from the blank propelled the bullet in to Brandon Lee.

But how the hell did Baldwin have a gun with an actual bullet in it on set? To me, that’s absolutely fucking crazy.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Baldwin is a producer on the film too, so whatever the fuck the prop department was doing here was partially his responsibility.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It’s clear someone did something so negligent that they need to go to prison. Remains to be seen who that person is. Could absolutely be Baldwin.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Chances are that Alec Baldwin was fucking around like an arrogant dipshit. He's that kind of douche.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If so, they need to lock his ass up post haste. I’m not a detective but this should be pretty cut and dry as to establishing what happened and who is at fault.

We don’t need Columbo on this. Andy and Barney will suffice.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed on the New Mexico set of the film “Rust” after she was shot by a prop gun fired by the film’s star and producer, Alec Baldwin. IATSE Local 44, which covers prop masters, sent an email to its members early Friday morning that said the gun used in the scene contained “a live round” and the production’s propmaster was not a member of Local 44. Director Joel Souza also was hit and injured by a bullet and was treated at an area hospital before being released.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member

Holy shit, that's fucked. When I read the story as it was coming out, my first thought was that it might have been a gun mounted to the wall or something as decoration that nobody bothered to check, and Alec might have assumed it was a prop and fucked around. Regardless, Alec shouldn't ever have had access to a gun with a live round in it, or anyone on the set for that matter. What a tragic situation all around, I don't know how I'd live with myself

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Kids accidentally shoot people all the time. Actors are stupid fucking children.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
If so, they need to lock his ass up post haste. I’m not a detective but this should be pretty cut and dry as to establishing what happened and who is at fault.

We don’t need Columbo on this. Andy and Barney will suffice.
Yeah, I mean if nothing else there should be a paper trail as to who handled the prop before the scene was shot, or whatever. Its possible that someone tampered with the gun and put a live cartridge in the cylinder (edit) even after safety checks were done. And who knows, it could have been Baldwin.

Someone is definitely going to prison.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
rich guy wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone, make it look like an accident, play a victim which shouldn't be a stretch for him...

...too soon for the "did you get that shot"...

Last edited: