Akihabara Shop opinions wanted

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
I suppose you need the female ones for the ground, player 1, player 2 and ext outputs under the control panel frame (below the monitor)? Good call.

The 15 pin AMP I mentioned above would be a male. But it would be awesome if he stocked both male and female like Bill hinted.

We will see what connectors we can get really soon (waiting for a package from Sanwa and it should be here tomorrow or the next day).

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
thchardcore said:
I suppose you need the female ones for the ground, player 1, player 2 and ext outputs under the control panel frame (below the monitor)? Good call.

The 15 pin AMP I mentioned above would be a male. But it would be awesome if he stocked both male and female like Bill hinted.

Yeah the previous owner of my Astro 2 decided to snip the wires so darn close to the AMP terminal making it impossible to cleanly repair it. I want to just lop the whole thing off and rewire it from scratch.

I will try my best to help you find these connectors.

Also:
PreOrder.png

Last edited:

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
OMG! I love you. I will be buying 2 of each type!

Last edited:

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
About to order but...Can you explain the differences among the pin options (thin, thick,chained etc)?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello again,
Of course I can, I will try my best:

1. Thin and Thick.

There are two versions and depending on the thickness off your cable you have to choose between:

Thin:
*For wire: 0.12-0.40mm2, 26-22 AWG.
*Max wire insulation diameter: 1.20-2.01mm.

Thick:
*For wire: 0.50-1.40mm2, 20-16 AWG.
*Max wire insulation diameter: 1.70-3.30mm.

2. Loose or Chained.

*Loose basicly means that if you buy let say 10 loose connectors you will get them in a bag one and one.
*Chained means that they are on a "chain", a spool if you will. They have them chained because machines use this when they make harnesses fast. You can just break em off by hand anyways if you buy this.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
on my astro each pin on the male control panel connectors is in three sections, not two like the ones you have pictured. any ideas if theyll fit?

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Per-

Can you source the different colors of the AMP terminals? I ask because I have seen them in black (commonly used for power) and yellow (commonly used for player 2).

-B

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
thchardcore said:
Bill, for an astro and blast, do I want thick or thin pins?

I think if you're doing control panel and audio related harnesses, you would want to use the thin pins.

If I'm not mistaken, the only time the thick pins are used is when its power or earth ground application.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... I haven't gotten my hands on any NOS AMP terminals + pins yet. In the past, I've just recycled old harnesses.

-Bill

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Alright.

Mainly have to do the whole jamma harness and psu/monitor hookups as it was horribly botched by the *original* owner.

Thanks Bill

not sonic
I have no idea, can you show me a picture?

billd420
I have to ask Sanwa this, if it is possible to have it in those colors.

Neo Geo MVS
They are not in the shop we specialorder these and minimum order is 2000yen for screws (but they are dirty cheap ^_^).
Send away an e-mail with a list of what you want please and I can give you total.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
TheRealNeoGeo said:

Is that a LB-35-MP ball top? I'm all over those if you get some in.

Also, could you tell me how much the P-706 crimp tool would be shipping included to the US?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
just got some mounting plates and balls i ordered. pretty fast shipping (ems,) but really expensive. not much you can do about that though. i would have bought more if it wasnt for the shipping cost.

Seimesh.jpg

SanwaMesh.jpg

MeshMesh.jpg

The Chief
LB-35-M(color). We will have a pre-order on them later this week...
For price on crimptool please register in shop and add it to cart and it will display price (total and 4 different shipping methods).