Akihabara Shop opinions wanted

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
Anybody here ordered from akihabarashop.com? What has been your experience? Does anybody have an email address I can use to contact the owner the directly?

I've sent an order request twice in the past couple of days using their online form and still have not received a reply. Going through some previous posts here and other sites, the guy seems to be very dependable, but the lack of communication kind of worries me. I went through that with Himuragames(who also had great feedback) until I gave up on my 569 email asking for price quotes without even ONCE getting a response.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
juanjuan said:
Anybody here ordered from akihabarashop.com? What has been your experience? Does anybody have an email address I can use to contact the owner the directly?

I've sent an order request twice in the past couple of days using their online form and still have not received a reply. Going through some previous posts here and other sites, the guy seems to be very dependable, but the lack of communication kind of worries me. I went through that with Himuragames(who also had great feedback) until I gave up on my 569 email asking for price quotes without even ONCE getting a response.

go to shoryuken.com forums, and ask in the tech or market section.

or send a P.M. to member paik4life. He is an SRK member, and has mentioned he orders from akahibara.

Side note: I've inquired with akahibara.com about ordering some arcade sticks and they never got back to me. People have ordered non arcade items from them, but for me they were useless.

Last edited:

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
zapatistab said:
go to shoryuken.com forums, and ask in the tech or market section.

or send a P.M. to member paik4life. He is an SRK member, and has mentioned he orders from akahibara.

Side note: I've inquired with akahibara.com about ordering some arcade sticks and they never got back to me. People have ordered non arcade items from them, but for me they were useless.

Thanks for the tip.

I just sent akihabarashop ANOTHER quote request and still no answer. I guess the guy should put in his website what his definition of shortly is when saying "Thanks for your request, we'll get back to you shortly" after you post the form on the site. I mean, if the guy is doing this as a side thing, and pehaps he's out on business or some shit, well it's understandable he wont get back right away. THe order is not going to be placed anytime soon anyway. But at least send an autoreply letting his potential customers know that he's not simply ignoring them...as it makes fools like me feel discriminated for being latino or some other nonsense. And that shit aint right :make_fac:

I would order from Excellent.com, but they dont carry the pearl buttons Im looking for. Oh well...

Sonic Blast

NEST Puppet
juanjuan said:

I have ordered from Akihabarashop.com I bought 2 sticks, 2 clear ball tops and 14 clear buttons from them for my Impress. It did take about 2 to 3 days for them to email me back after I used their online form. Their service is great and I like how their website shows the the status of your order. They also take a picture of your actual order so you see what you are getting. You won't regret buying from them. I am ordering replacement sticks and buttons for my New Astro City cab in a few days.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Yeah i got all new sticks and buttons from akihabara. The shipping was a bit slow (not Per's fault), however he made up for it with good communication. I can't stand being left in the dark, and Per did not do that to me.

Akihabara > Himuragames

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
I appreciate all the responses, however, I STILL have not received a reply from them. I've posted the form THREE times now, using two different email addresses. I also followed the link Hellhound posted (thanks!) and sent an email to order@akihabarashop.com today, so lets see how that goes, but still nothing. Also, I noticed the owner hsa posted on the SRK forums in the past couple of days. Maybe I was not kidding when I said he didn't like latinos... :make_fac: :spock: :envy: :shame:

It looks like he/they offer a great service, if only I could use it...

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Good service for me, it must be you :rolleyes:

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
Just wanted to say that after posting on the SRK forum, Per immediately sent me a PM. He did receive my requests but apparently couldn't reply to any of my email addresses. Don't know what's up with that, but if somebody has similar problems, post in SRK as he seems to check there every day.

Here is some videos I put up:

Seimitsu joysticks:
http://www.akihabarashop.jp/misc/AkihabaraSeimitsuJoysticks.mp4
LS-32, LS-33, LS-40-01, LS-55, LS-56-01, LS-64.

Sanwa joysticks:
http://www.akihabarashop.jp/misc/AkihabaraSanwaJoysticks.mp4
JLF-TP-8YT, JLW-TM-8, JLW-UM-8.

Video about if it is possible to have a LS-40-(-01) shaft in a LS-32(-01) base 20MB
http://www.akihabarashop.jp/misc/LS-40LS-32mod.mp4

Seimitsu buttons
http://www.akihabarashop.jp/misc/AkihabaraSeimitsubuttons.mp4

Sanwa buttons
http://akihabarashop.jp/misc/AkihabaraSanwabuttons.mp4

Some pics from the shop:

Vewlixpanelavailable.png

PS14PPS14K.png

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Woohoo you're back open!! Welcome back, can't wait to order.

2 quick suggestions-

First, don't show the categories that have 0 items in the navigation. I clicked through a ton of the arcade hardware only to find empty pages.

Second, on the drop down (DHTML) menus, have the css property "cursor: pointer;"... I wasn't sure if they were links until I actually clicked them.

Now, are you keeping physical inventory? Or are you going to be doing essentially group orders again?

Cheers, and good luck with the store!
Bill

billd420 said:
Woohoo you're back open!! Welcome back, can't wait to order.

2 quick suggestions-

First, don't show the categories that have 0 items in the navigation. I clicked through a ton of the arcade hardware only to find empty pages.

Second, on the drop down (DHTML) menus, have the css property "cursor: pointer;"... I wasn't sure if they were links until I actually clicked them.

Now, are you keeping physical inventory? Or are you going to be doing essentially group orders again?

Cheers, and good luck with the store!
Bill

Hello,

1. I am adding as much stuff as possible each day (right now it is arcade parts and pictures for them). I would like to take the other menues down but I had problem putting them up again (I did not make the webshop).

2. I will update this (not me personaly because I do not know so much about html, I know more about arcade stuff) when I get a chance to, right now I need to expand the catalog.

We do not keep an inventory BUT we do not have any group orders either, we order whenever we get about 40000yen in a total order (total for a group of customers) so you do not have to wait more than a couple of days before we order your parts.
More about this is in "Service".

Last edited:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Good stuff man.

I love the fact that you have blank candy cabinet panels available. I have all new hardware on my panels, but they're a bit beat up. Definitely be picking up a pair in the near future.

-Bill

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I ordered a 2player Astro CP from Seimitsu through them. Service was great.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Hey, Realneo

Let me know when you get some other items in, namely jamma harness for astro city, AMP and JST connectors and pins, since I want to order an Astro panel, but combine the items.

Thanks

thchardcore

I am getting some AMP connectors very soon and I will take photos of them and put up in the shop:
1.JPG

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Is it possible to get those 15 pin 3 by 5 AMP connector, these are the type used to connect all sega arcade monitors to the psu etc.

I think I can get those, I will post pics this week on what I got first of all and then we will see...

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Got my LS-32-01 today from akiharbara shop. Well packaged. Great service.

Thanks!

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
TheRealNeoGeo said:
thchardcore

I am getting some AMP connectors very soon and I will take photos of them and put up in the shop:

Can you get panel-mount AMP female connectors? They are they kind with clips on the side of the terminal to "plug" into sheet metal.

Let me know :)

-Bill