AES Palette RAM error fix?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Pins 79 and 80 on the neo-b1 should have continuity. My working AES is the same.

kosami

n00b
thanks, Xian Xi. i dont know what i would have done without you. really...
turns out, when i soldered one of the wires, it also was attached to one of the legs next to it.
as i sayd before, my soldering skills where not good enough

i was having blue, so i will fix this mess, or try to. if things are not solved that way, then i will move to the bios thread, for debugging this thing and so on..
thank god to this forum.

kosami

n00b
this is how i did it, hope it helps others. i used an old ATA cable, the one wich goes from disk drives to motherboard.
my nasty work.JPG
my blue screen starts having some weirds lines, but they dissapear quickly
blue1.JPGblue2.JPG
and this is what happens with samurai shodown 2 in the machine
with samurai shodown2 cartridge.JPG
sometimes i swear i saw japan simbols
maybe i wish too much...
never had my own aes, so i dont know what to expect, this is why i wanted to show with pictures.

there is no sound whatsoever
the cartridge is freaking clean, looks like a new one.

and here this ends, until my empty ROM's come home, and i can burn on them the diagnostics and so on

unless you have any more suggestions, of course

kosami

n00b
77 & 76, from neo-B1

i followed the tracks because all i have is the pinout, im positive they are the correct tracks, because i tested continuity also

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
77 & 76, from neo-B1

i followed the tracks because all i have is the pinout, im positive they are the correct tracks, because i tested continuity also

Both of those pins go to the LSPC2.

Neo-B1(76)>LSPC2(154)
Neo-B1(77)>LSPC2(108)

kosami

n00b
my pin 77 on neo b-1 goes straight to 153, in lspc2

and my pin 76 on neo-b1 goes to 108 in lspc2

looks like i swapped them?

btw
where did you find that info? dont tell me its on neo dev wiki you previously mentioned?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's from the AES schematics. I think the wiki should have it. A user here uploaded them or gave a link to it.

kosami

n00b
got ya...according to this you are right. i trust you anyway, just have to triple check.
https://wiki.neogeodev.org/images/2/27/Neogeo_aes_schematics_pal_2-page-004.jpg
https://wiki.neogeodev.org/images/b/be/Neogeo_aes_schematics_pal_2-page-003.jpg
i did check again my wiring, this time it was perfect. i can only assume the other side of the board has also damage at some point

while testing with my multimeter, i noticed the closest pins always dont beep, but it shows small resistance, not pretty sure to be honest i didnt study electronics..
so i only can guess, the other side of the board loses continuity as well at some point, and that gives me those readings?

what should i do... re-wire them to lspc2, or add new wires from repaired tracks to lspc2?

kosami

n00b
well, i just ended up removing my wires and re-wiring to theyr place according to schematics
i still have the same problem, but somehow i like more the output , the broken traces mentioned before have continuity again
so i probably didnt mess up this time :D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
At this point it might be best to do the diagnostic bios so you can see the exact error.