About packaging

seamoon

New Challenger
Hi,

I've just recently bought a neo geo AES and am about to buy my first games for it. I am a little uncertain what type of packaging this is http://hem.bredband.net/simulf/blue1.jpg
http://hem.bredband.net/simulf/blue2.jpg

Is it really an AES-cart box? It looks so thin... Can it be a CD-box? Auction doesn't state if it's AES or CD...

My first games will be Super Sidekicks 2, Samurai Spirit 2 and Blue's journey BTW. I'm sooo looking forward to receive them :drool_2:
Any other suggestions as to what might be good games to start with? Metal Slug 1 perhaps? :loco:

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Welcome to the Neo Geo world. The picture you are looking at is called "Cartoon-box " release, Japanese version. Don't worry, it's not a CD-box but it actually contains an AES cart. Check out the Neo-Geo Price Guide or Master List and you will find out more. Enjoy your stay.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
"cartoon-box" lol

its "carton-box" as in milk carton, not tom & jerry

anyways that pic is not a carton box, but an old style AES case, so yes nothing strange about the case in that pic.

Super Sidekicks 2 and Sam Sho 2 are excellent games to start with. You won't be able to afford an original Metal Slug 1 for AES unfortunatley.

Suggested plan of action:
Check reviews/ download ROMS then check the price guide or ebay for the games you are interested in.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I would suggest getting one of the early KOF's, 95 or 96 perhaps? 94 is a great game, and the cheapest in the series, a worthy purchase if you don't mind NO TEAM EDIT.

Fatal Fury Special is a superb game, and great for starting an AES collection, mine is in the mail!

Also, get Magician Lord, nuff said.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Cheap and Easy to find: Samurai Shodown 1 and 2, both are a must have. Go for them.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Welcome to the Neo Forums!

Nice start and setup to begin with. If you want Metal Slug 1 JPN or US I hope you have lots of money and good luck finding it. It's near impossible to find the original.

seamoon

New Challenger
Thanks all for sorting the issue out and for your kind input!
I was aware of the steep price for Metal Slug 1, hence the crazy smiley, hehe.
I thought it looked so darn good and searched for it on ebay and found it for like 2999 bucks on ebay uk or was it ebay germany... What a shock. Same goes for Over Top. Reeeally wanted that too until I saw the price. Argh!