A few questions about customs.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Gonna be ordering an item from Japan soon. Do items usually become held up by customs & if they do, how long do they usually stay there for?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Only customs debacle I've had was a delay of two weeks, for any country. Never had a problem with Nippon.

PS: It was Switzerland, tbw.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
It hard to say, the quickest I have got something from Japan was about 6 days. Then other times it was 2 weeks minimum. Just be sure to get it shipped EMS, its well worth the extra cost in the long run. And without it you won't be able to track your package.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I've received a package in the US in three days via EMS from Japan, can't recommend it highly enough

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Depends on where you are and if the seller knows what they're doing. For instance, ordered something from Sophia last week on Monday, shipped Tuesday, had it in hand Saturday. That was Japan to Los Angeles via EMS in four days. It sat in customs for a single day waiting for clearance. I've had things shipped from other sellers that went the same route, and also via EMS, and sat in customs for twenty-plus days. It really depends on if your seller knows how to scoot things through customs or not.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
If they ship internationally as a matter of routine you should be fine.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
It hard to say, the quickest I have got something from Japan was about 6 days. Then other times it was 2 weeks minimum. Just be sure to get it shipped EMS, its well worth the extra cost in the long run. And without it you won't be able to track your package.

You can get tracking if you go slow boat too. Just takes like 2 months.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i have yet to have a problem with customs and i import a ton.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I've never had a customs issue with items coming from Japan. I use EMS for everything. It's more expensive than SAL, but items actually arrive. I've seen too many bad SAL shipping stories. The delay for SAL isn't worth the price difference either IMO (EMS - 3 to 5 days ; SAL - 2 to 6 weeks I believe are the standards)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If something doesn't arrive on time, it's usually because of the seller and not the customs.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You don't even have to pay customs in murca unlike the cuntry I live in.