Search results

1. bytestorm

MV6 Slot crosshair from hell (0x000100 0x4E45 0x4F2D 0x0A60 0x4F01)

Here is a comparison shot from the non-working (left) and the working board. 01000111 01000101‬ - 4745 (working) 00001010 01100000‬ - 0A60 (non-working) I am not sure how to interpret this, I mean all other data is read correctly (at least for this range in the pic). That tell me that the 68k...
  2. bytestorm

MV6 Slot crosshair from hell (0x000100 0x4E45 0x4F2D 0x0A60 0x4F01)

Good evening all! Got 2 mv6 slots for repair from a friend and have fixed all boards but 1 of the top pcbs.. it had massive corrosion damage and I have patched it extensively, checked all busses for continuity to the connectors. it will not boot from any slot, and slot 3 wont even show the...
  3. bytestorm

Neo Geo titles on sale in switch eshop!

First time I see they have neo geo titles on sale! 40% off. Mostly early titles but good ones! :)
  4. bytestorm

Neo Geo ACA Releases for the Switch running slow/sluggish?

I just bough a switch and the aca metal slug release, but I feel that the game is not running as smooth and quick as the original MVS. First I thought that it was inputlag from my new hori stick for the switch but other eshop titles were very responsive, and after fiddeling around a bit and...
  5. bytestorm

Samurai Spirits AES running same attract demo kinda all the time?

Maybe I remember wrong, but I thought I heard and saw earthquakes stage sometimes during the demos from my MVS cart back in the days.. but my AES cart plays the same demo stage (water) with haohmaru and ukyo every time.. they sometimes fight a bit different thou.. but still same stage over and...
  6. bytestorm

Anyone need Neo Geo AES Manual Scans?

Hey all! Been a long time member here and allways got help and support from many members here throu the years.. I never felt that I had anything to contribute with, wich is a shame since I got so much without giving anything back. Now I stumbled on a folder on my PC with around 2gb of AES...
  7. bytestorm

AES versions of games bugfixed?

I just read something in the mame driver that made me curoius.. *** MVS carts (arcade) were released before the AES carts (home) The actual codepath taken depends entirely on the BIOS rom, not the roms in the cartridge, which (with a few exceptions) support both codepaths. The...
  8. bytestorm

WTB: AES JAP/ENG Games.

Hi! I am looking for some fun AES titles.. Japanese versions or English depending on price. now when the NEOSD Aes multicart is announced someone might wanna sell ;) I do want them in good condition but doesnt need to be MINT.. I am a player after all :). Althou I would like the games to be...
  9. bytestorm

Getting the perfect combo Flat monitor for neo geo + xrgb, and mame.

I was just about to order my xrgb mini + scart selector when I start finding posts about horrendous inputlag. ... Since I have no space for a CRT in my small appartment I must go for flatscreen monitor + xrgb mini for my consoles. The consoles I will use it for is: Famicom (composite) Super...
  10. bytestorm

Where to buy electronic components in Japan?

Hey all! I am moving to Japan permanently in 10 days now and would love to continue with my electronics hobby when I get there.. I must be able to RGB bypass mod my incoming AES consoles among many other things ;) Anyone who knows any good places to buy components in Japan ? Preferably over...
  11. bytestorm

Official SNK RGB Scart cable for AES. "FCG-9" is the model no. (for Japanese CRT)

Official SNK RGB Scart cable for AES. "FCG-9" is the model no. (for Japanese CRT) As the title says :). Anyone got a spare for sale? Plead note that it's the Japanese version I am looking for.. not the european. (J21 / RGB-J version is correct) I live in Sweden (eu).
  12. bytestorm

Best RGB Scart cable option for a Neo Geo AES? (Japanese crt tv)

Was checking retro gaming cables to buy one in case I get myself a new AES when moving to Japan... but I haven't seen different options for the sync signal before regarding the neo AES. . :S Any one knows wich sync would be the best for a Japanese crt...
  13. bytestorm

FS: Mushihimesama HD 1.5 DLC (x360)

Selling a mushihimesama hd 1.5 DLC code for xbox 360. 20€/15£ ppg.♥ Thanks!
  14. bytestorm

Blocky Metal Slug 4 graphics (original cart)

I admit it's not much but someone has been shaving the edges a bit. But maybe it's to little? I'll find a board and compare!
  15. bytestorm

Blocky Metal Slug 4 graphics (original cart)

Yo! Friend of mine asked me to check his ms4 cart out. Its really clean but gives blocky graphics. S rom seems ok, and sound + music works. But there is no intro, jumps straight into gameplay and it looks like this: https://youtu.be/dC-BiCyPBoM And unibios looks strange in the crc test menu...
  16. bytestorm

Ironclad MVS bomb animation/graphics?

Hi! Anyone experience problems with the ironclad version from wii store on MVS cart? Firstly the instructions text are in spanish, and sometimes there are english in game, but mostlye spanish there also.. Secondly.. when I bomb.. I can hardly see anything on screen.. I saw a youtube clip...
  17. bytestorm

MV1B needs to change bios in order to get sound?

Todays test with smkdan bios 0.19 and test cart:
  18. bytestorm

MV1B needs to change bios in order to get sound?

Hey! I have a nice looking mv1b that outputs no sound, only a buzz when making the volume high.. and it also reports M1 rom error in the beggining of the boot.. tried a couple of legit games that works in my mv1c, they all report m1 rom error.. then I found some info somewhere (lost the link)...
  19. bytestorm

Progbk1 pcb info?

Hello! I have gotten a big bunch of puzzle bobble bootlegs in a trade that look kinda terrible that I thought I could use for some experiments. They do have original boards inside. Cha256 / bk1 What I am wondering is the biggest possible eproms/eeproms that I can use? I read in the neo dev wiki...
  20. bytestorm

Hori fightstick 1 worth restoring?

Here are some shots! Please let me know if you rather see a link to another webpage with album or something, if linking all these pictures makes it difficult to follow? I took it apart and removed all powdercoating from the bottom plate, and all rust. Still its kinda dirty because my hands were...