Ironclad MVS bomb animation/graphics?

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Hi!
Anyone experience problems with the ironclad version from wii store on MVS cart?

Firstly the instructions text are in spanish, and sometimes there are english in game, but mostlye spanish there also..

Secondly.. when I bomb.. I can hardly see anything on screen.. I saw a youtube clip somewhere when the graphics looks much better than this, and totally different when bombing.

What do you think? These colors are all the time thou the bombing animation.. cant see anything. but other than that its all nice :S

20150714_061354.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The instructions from my experience is Spanish on the initial Wii release transfer. The fixed one I think has english but if you change the soft dips to english then it will always be english iirc. As for the bombs, looks weird. Its supposed to flash iirc, is it stuck like that? Might be a bad P1 or something.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah the bomb is stuck like that for a couple of seconds.. hmm
I dumped the P1 and checked crc.. CE37E3A0
In mame that's the prototype bootleg.. :/..there is also one other p1 in mame with crc: 62A942C6 that only says prototype..
So supposedly there is also a 3rd p1 floating around?

Need to brush up my google-fu and fix this one.. quite cool game :D

JacKc

Quiz Detective
P1 CE37E3A0 is the P1 for the US and EUR Ironclad wii version which fixed the instructions in spanish and surely fixed minor others things.
P1 62A942C6 is the P1 for the original wii JP release (the one with some bugs and which is probably corresponding to the original MVS prototype).
No other P1 is floating around...

NOTE: If you find P1 65849961, it is the same as P1 for the JP release...Just same data reordered in different maner.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
I have now tried both the jap and us version and both gives me Spanish instructions with mv1c original bios. But the jap one has correct bomb animation. I even found a youtube video of someone running the US "fixed" release, and the bomb animation of his cart is also incorrect, but he makes no comment about that in the video.. I just saw it and it's not correct :/.. but mine is working fine now at least. . :) althou still Spanish.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
althou still Spanish.

Spanish is easy. Also, it's not like you are missing on a great literary work because of the language. Enjoy the game! :)

Regards.

P.S: If you're so annoyed by language, get a UniBIOS.