Search results

1. Tempest

FS: 161 in 1 Multicart

Since I now have my NeoSD, I'm putting up my 161 in 1 multicart for sale. It works just fine (with all the various game issues that are common to these carts). I believe this is a v2 which fixed some hardware compatibility issues. I also may have the sticker sheet that went with it (listing...
  2. Tempest

Why is Kizuna Encounter (European version) so rare?

This one has always bothered me and maybe it's been answered before but if so I couldn't find anything. We all know that there are only a handful of English Kizuna Encounter AES carts out there, but why is that? I can see SNK doing a small limited run due to low estimated demand, but surely...
  3. Tempest

AES Joystick Foam Pads?

I just installed the GotW upgrade on my AES stick but in doing so I had to destroy the little foam pads that covered the screw holes since they were disintegrating and were impossible to remove in one piece. What's a good generic replacement for these?
  4. Tempest

Question About Ordering from Terraonion

Not sure where this should go, so mods feel free to move it. I want to order a NeoSD MVS Cart from Terraonion's site. However the payment section has me a bit confused. Normally I do these things by PayPal, but the only two options on the site are some sort of wire transfer and credit card...
  5. Tempest

Neo Geo Overscan Area?

Can someone here answer this question for me? Why is it that the Neo Geo always seems to want to display off the edges screen on my TV? For example, the status bars on many fighting games (such as KOF) are slightly cut off on the sides of the screen, and the screen extends even beyond that a...
  6. Tempest

Rare Turbo Duo Games for NeoSD Cart + Joystick?

I'm thinking about getting myself a NeoSD MVS cart but the price is a little much for me. However I do have several rare TurboDuo games that I'd be willing to sell towards one. Here's what I have. The Duo/Super CD games are complete since they never came with a box, but the regular old CD...
  7. Tempest

TurboDuo CD Problem

I have a US TurboDuo that I just did a laser replacement on. The laser was no longer reading CD-R's so I figured it was starting to go. Well the laser appears to be working (it moves on its track and I see the lense move up and down) but the CD won't spin. It's like the spindle isn't getting...
  8. Tempest

TurboDuo & MSX2+ Recap

Ok so it's not Neo Geo related, but this site has some of the best tech people out there so I thought I'd ask. I have a Turbo Duo with no CD sound that needs to be recapped. I also have a MSX2+ that's acting flaky that probably needs a recap as well (low sound, occasional problems with the...
  9. Tempest

Tototek PS2 to Neo Geo Controller Converter

Has anyone used one of these new V2 PS2 to Neo Geo controller converters? http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=50&zenid=1uvd5opsfobjqv1537d1ar3rm5 If so, how well do they work? All I have right now is a Neo Geo CD controller and the stick is driving me...
  10. Tempest

Best MVS Multicart and where to buy?

What's the general concensus on what the best MVS Multicart currently out there is? Is it the 161 in 1 or the 150 in 1. I know there's another one (138 in 1?) but that requires a daughter board and is no longer available. I'm looking for the most accurate games. The ones with the least...
  11. Tempest

RGB from a MVS 1 Slot

I'm trading for a nice CMVS 1 slot unit from a friend, but the problem is that it only has component jacks on it and my monitor needs RGB. I've been told that this isn't a problem because you can tap the RGB right from the board. I was thinking about trying to wire up a standard Neo Geo AV...
  12. Tempest

WTB: Neo Geo CD Controller

I'm looking for a working Neo Geo CD controller, preferably the 'pad' version and not the older stick or mini-stick models. Shoot me a PM if you've got something.
  13. Tempest

Neo Geo MVS Carts For Sale (Kits and Shocks!)

Due to the my inability to edit my old thread anymore and it's unmanageable size, I thought I'd start a new one to sell the last few MVS titles out of my collection. Prices DO NOT include shipping. King of Fighters 2000 - $70 (complete kit!) Complete kit pics -----------------------
  14. Tempest

Large MVS Collection For Sale (will separate)

I am selling my entire Neo Geo MVS collection. All of the labels are in English (except where there is no English version) and have intact serial numbers. As you can see from the pictures, I was very picky about the condition of the labels. Some games include mini marquees or artwork kits...
  15. Tempest

Possibly Selling Large MVS Collection

I have a rather large MVS collection that I'm thinking about selling. I don't get to play with them much anymore and I already have a MAME cab with all the MVS game roms in it. Having a physical MVS collection seems redundant. However I do love the way they look in their shockboxes on my...
  16. Tempest

Three MVS Carts For Trade

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for trades, but it didn't seem right in the wanted section either... I have three MVS carts for trade: World Heroes Perfect - White SNKG case, no label Kabuki Klash - No label KOF 99 - English label, with serial numbers I'm looking to trade these for...
  17. Tempest

Holographic MVS Cart Labels

When did SNK start making the labels on MVS carts holographic? Is there a list of which carts have holographic labels and which ones don't? I want to check out some of my carts and verify that they're legit labels.
  18. Tempest

Shockbox Insert Choices

I'm finally getting around to having inserts printed up for my Shockboxes (only 4 years late). There are lots of insert styles to choose from, but they seem to mainly come in two styles. The first one is those of the US original home games. Basically someone scanned (or recreated) the actual AES...
  19. Tempest

New Neo Geo Protos?

Does anyone know anything about these prototypes? http://www.ngfusa.com/ (click on 10 star) I knew Bang Bang Busters and Ironclad existed as prototypes, but I've never seen Neo Pool Master before (intersting how it's not on cards like the other two). Does anyone know if these are real and...
  20. Tempest

Neo Geo Manual Reproductions

I know this might be pushing the limits of what AES collectors will stand for, but is it possible to make reproductions of the manuals that came with the AES versions of the games? Now that I have a shock box with a nice insert, the only thing that's really missing is a manual. I don't know...