Search results

1. littlecharlie

CPS1 vertical lines on sprites

Hi, I've been using my SFII' board for a long time, and suddenly, now the board shows vertical lines on sprites and on other items (like the health bar). I discard a broken trace or anything similar because I haven't manipulated the board for a long time. Also, I have a working SFII board...
  2. littlecharlie

Problem with MV1B SLOT check

I have an original MV1B that when booting some specific games, it shows the following message: MVS SLOT CHECK VER2.20 99/11/01 M1-ROM ERROR This is the error I get with my original Metal Slug 3. The exact same message appers on MS3 when using the multicart 161 in 1. After this message, the...
  3. littlecharlie

Sound problem in MV1A

I have a board that doesn't output audio. Well that's not strictly true, because in some games I still hear very specific sounds, like in metal slug, when I grab a jewel or apple, I hear the sound. I have concentrated on chip YM3016D, the DAC. https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=YM3016...
  4. littlecharlie

socket to check SRAMs

I have an eprom programmer that is able to check SRAMs, and to do so I need an adapter from sop28 to dip28 something like this...
  5. littlecharlie

MV1A not playing specific games

I have a board (mv1A) that is playing fine all my originals carts (MS, MS2, MSX, Shock troopers, Neo turf masters) but this board has a problem with also original MS3 and the multicart 161. With MS3 it boots nice, but when it gets to the main screen I get the following screen, and then after 5...
  6. littlecharlie

mv1a not saving

Hi, my mv1a is not saving hiscores or unibios options. I have encountered this problem before in other boards and was able to solve it either fixing a broken trace or replacing a component. But this time I think I have covered everything and still not working. I've done the basics, like...
  7. littlecharlie

Battery socket getting voltage after removing recharging circuit

I have a mv1a board, and i have removed D1, D2 and R10, so that I can use a CR2032 no rechargeable battery. As per the image here http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/images/tuts/mv1ax-charge.jpg But when i turn on the board, the positive of the socket gets around 3.3 V (without any battery...
  8. littlecharlie

Do you guys use the RGB pcb board in your consolizations?

Just curious, because I've never used these pcbs (the one with the THS7374) and the image is still really good on a CRT TV. Is the image improvement (with the board) worth it?
  9. littlecharlie

problem with sound in 161in1 cartridge

I have 2 mv1f bases working perfectly (image and sound) with my mvs carts. But when I try to play a 161in1 cartridge, there is no sound. Strangely, when playing this same 161in1 cart in a mv1c base, sound is fine. Any idea what is going on?
  10. littlecharlie

Considerations for connecting CMVS to OSSC

I hace currently a CMVS connected to my CRT TV, using the scart connection. The RGBS lines that I feed the TV are: R/G/B: pins 12/N/13 of the jamma, through a 220 ohms resistor to the scart connector Sync: pin P of the jamma, through a 470 ohm resistor to the scart connector. That way the...
  11. littlecharlie

Wiring in a CMVS MV-1FZ

My idea is to make all the connections (except power supply) from the back of the board (using this thread http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?236267-Info-Consolized-MV1FZ-RGB-and-Controller-points-on-the-bottom-of-the-board/page3&highlight=wiring+mv1fz) but haven't found a spot on the...
  12. littlecharlie

MV1C problem with battery

I made the battery mod on a MV1C board that I purchased recently, and realise that everytime I turn on the board, no data is store (highscores, unibios config, etc ...) I did not check how the board was doing presiously with the old stock rechargeable battery. I use a brand new CR2032 (3,2 V)...