Recent content by tighecg

1. T

Nevermind

This will be fun when people start waking up. You should have listened to opt2not.
  2. T

The all new 'What's it worth' thread

What does a minty MVS Viewpoint kit go for these days?
  3. T

Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide

I can't seem to find the whats it worth thread, I hope it's ok to ask here. What is a full minty Viewpoint kit going for these days? Update: I found it and I am still this village's idiot.
  4. T

most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

I have always been entertained by this guys movie synopsis and review vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-llSX-w9cc I can watch his Revenge of the Ninja video all day and never get tired of it
  5. T

Huge 70 game MVS lot, 4 kits and 66 loose carts

Would be interested in Fight Fever, Baseball Stars2, and Metal Slug 4. Need a little more info first.
  6. T

I think i screwed up-IGS PGM DDP DOJ

That's strange, but I'll give it a shot. I ordered a different game to test the mobo also. I don't really think that is the issue, but it was bothering me. I'm starting to get the feeling I'm going to have to reprogram one of the roms. Just a gut feeling. I don't think i have the equipment for...
  7. T

I'll check that out, thanks. Over the last few days I have been reading a thread somewhere else that is super long, haven't found anything useful yet. A long time ago, a cap broke in my NES Gyruss cart, I tried replacing it, and that cart never worked again. I don't think I will be working on...
  8. T

Well, the disk cap didn't change anything, but they are pretty old caps. I'll try ordering the MLCCs and see what happens. I think I will be heading over to the unnamed site and plead with the natives for their wisdom as well.
  9. T

I did get it from sheep_nova, he seems like a good guy. Great communication, he answered all my questions and requests. He got me what I asked for, and great shipping. I'm not sure of his rep, but I had a great experience with him. I have watched Scarlet Sprites a number of times, decent...
  10. T

Ok, I did a reflow and cleaned the edges. Then I decided to take a jewelers loupe and check pretty much everything. I found this https://imgur.com/a/Dd2bs48 Without the loupe I probably would have never seen this. I assume this is a ceramic capacitor. The only two markings on it are '104' and...
  11. T

I have cleaned it quite a few times so far, but I'll try again. I'll take a pink eraser to it this time. It seems like i have to press really hard on the cart to get it in the slot. Is that normal for PGM?
  12. T

Thanks Chu Unfortunately, I did not save the old caps, they are long gone. I believe I did put it back together correctly, but the first pic in the link is how I have it together, top of the cart is on the left. The second pic is the boards flipped over in the same places. I thought my...
  13. T

I just recently acquired a PGM board and Dodonpachi DOJ. The cart was pretty scummy on the outside, so I decided to clean it up. When I took it apart I thought 'll just replace these caps in here, no big deal'. Well, it must be a big deal because it is not working now. It worked flawlessly...
  14. T

Neo Geo collector age consensus.

43, started in the mid 90s with a NGCD. I prefer my AES with a NeoSD now. I have mostly gotten out of collecting, but there are about four kits and two AES titles I want before I am totally out.
  15. T

most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

I have only played about 30 minutes so far with my son, but this feels pretty good to me. Like wataru, I'm not big on modern fighters, but this one is going to get some time put on it. I hope it still feels the same after I'm able to really dig into it.