Recent content by TheBakachan

1. TheBakachan

LED minimarquee lighting - PROTOTYPE FORTHCOMING

This is an idea I've been working on since long before I actually had a cabinet of my own. I'm at the point where I've got the design worked out and it's just a matter of putting together a prototype and testing it thoroughly. After that, the question is how many? The goal is simple: Make a...
  2. TheBakachan

MVS cab speaker question

The speakers in my MVS-4 are pretty beat and sound sort of awful. So I've decided they need to go. I know they're 8ohm 5watt speakers, but the speakers I have on hand that I want to replace them with are 9.8ohm, is this close enough that I shouldn't worry? As it is, I want to build a new...
  3. TheBakachan

Time-based variables in MVS games?

I noticed something just now while I was playing on my MVS, I don't think I've played it this early in the day since I got it squared away and properly set up the BIOS, and the two games I played for a bit, SamSho3 and LB2, were suspiciously easy compared to when I play it in the late afternoon...
  4. TheBakachan

MVS-4-25 Ver.1 GET!

For those who want a more detailed story, read my blog post about it. The short of it is, I managed to buy a perfectly working 4-slot big red cab for $694 including freight delivery. My first arcade cabinet. :3 It also happens to be my first fully working multi-slot MVS board. I don't know...
  5. TheBakachan

Various multislot problems

Okay, so I have three boards that I would really like to get working. The first, is an MV4. In the beginning, it wouldn't boot at all. I eventually noticed (After going over it several times) that a 100pF cap next to the PRO-B0 chip at L4 on the bottom board had been ripped off. Replaced it...
  6. TheBakachan

Blocky 8x8 tile layer on KoF'97 MVS cart

Got a copy of KoF'97 free with a box full of 'non-working' MVS boards I am intent on fixing up... Game works fine, except that the 8x8 tile layer (Text, small chara portraits, KoF logo during demo, etc.) is all blocky and mostly unreadable. What chip(s) contain this data? Where should I be...