Recent content by Murray

1. Murray

4-slot keeps killing the battery

No one really suggested that was an option. I already said my troubleshooting skills are weak for this kind of repair so I'm not sure what would indicate that I know those Toshibas don't also need to be low power. Wouldn't it be a reasonable assumption that if the Mosels were a problem in one...
  2. Murray

I know. Was just making a joke about my sloppy repair work. :) Nice! Especially the 5uA variant. I was able to find some NOS Toshiba chips on eBay but will probably order a few of the ones you linked just for grins. You never know when you're going to get something wonky from an eBay seller. I...
  3. Murray

No. Those were replaced by parts I bought from arcadecomponents.com (Channelmaniac's store) back in 2018 (the system wouldn't boot at all before I did that). The pic is a little blurry and there's some glare coming from a window but I assure you none of those pins are bridged. Also...
  4. Murray

It took longer than I expected to get back to this but the whole plague lockdown situation finally got me some spare time. I took some readings around the battery (brand new battery installed and this is what I found. These were measured with the positive probe on the positive battery terminal...
  5. Murray

Ooo, nice! I'll definitely check on that.
  6. Murray

I have a 4-slot that (mostly) miraculously survived being underwater a couple days during a flood. I had to replace the backup ram to get it to boot and play again but it now does that quite nicely. Unfortunately, it now kills the battery within a day or so of powering off the cabinet. When I...
  7. Murray

Soft dips not saved

Awesome, thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on this tonight.
  8. Murray

Soft dips not saved

I have an Mv-4f that I recently repaired so that it would pass the backup ram test (replaced both chips). It boots and plays fine now, and saves the calendar info, but soft dips (most notably the cabinet settings) aren't being persisted. The board has a unibios 3.0 in it and the backup battery...
  9. Murray

Amplified stereo into MVS harness?

Not sure if an edit or self reply is better here but in the end, the answer turned out to be "not with that amp." The MVS U4 comes with 4 ohm speakers and every circuit I could find / build ended up bringing the load down to 2. The PAM amps that are powerful enough to be useful aren't stable...
  10. Murray

Amplified stereo into MVS harness?

I'm working on a JAMMA Genesis and since the plan is to hook it up to my MVS cabinet, it sure would be a shame to let that sweet, sweet stereo audio go to waste. I'm planning to use one of those cheap PAM 8610 reference boards as the amp, and like most stereo amps, the speakers come out with...
  11. Murray

Saving my flooded MVS U4

As it turns out, I spoke too soon on the 4-slot board. It's failing backup ram tests and the universe bios is reporting all kinds of exceptions so I'm waiting for a diag bios and some ram to get here. The 2-slot (which was on a shelf) is filling in for it for now. Flooding is tricky. The area I...
  12. Murray

Saving my flooded MVS U4

Back in 2016 my house got 3ish feet of water in it and among the victims was my beloved MVS cabinet. I'm finally in a position to start cleaning it up and it's going surprisingly smoothly! Even though the monitor got water half way up it, no problems there. Out of an abundance of caution, I...
  13. Murray

Anyone in UK want the Bourne collection UV codes?

I know it's been a long-ass time since I posted here but I have these codes and know some of you are in the UK. Since I'd rather give them to Neo members than some other random selection of jackasses on the net, I'm offering them here. They came with my Blu-Ray set but since it's UK region, I...
  14. Murray

RIP Top Gear UK

It had to go sometime. Better with a punch than a whimper. Or something.
  15. Murray

FS: LM1881 Sync Cleaners

Right. What I was getting at was "can I get one somewhere?" Because that sure is a nicer solution than the two controller PCBs I'm using for that right now.