Recent content by aria

1. aria

Legend of Success Joe Review

US Title: Legend of Success Joe Japanese Title: Asahita no Joe Densetsu By: Wave Year: 1991 Size: 50 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? No Legend of SUCKess Joe: Read between the lines... I don't know even where to go with this review. I had heard that this...
  2. aria

King of the Monsters 2: The Next Thing Review

US Title: King of the Monsters 2: The Next Thing Japanese Title: King of the Monsters 2: The Next Thing By: SNK Year: 1992 Size: 74 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes King of the Monsters 2: The Next Thing The Next Review by Bobak! The original King of...
  3. aria

King of the Monsters Review

US Title: King of the Monsters Japanese Title: King of the Monsters By: SNK Year: 1991 Size: 55 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? No King of the Monsters: A Review/Honor by/of Bobak! King of the Monsters is my favorite early Neo Geo game. It was the game...
  4. aria

Ironclad Review

US Title: Ironclad Japanese Title: Chotetsu Bri'kinger By: Saurus Year: 1996 Size: 178 Megs Home Release? No MVS Release? No CD Release? Yes Ironclad: A CD-only Review by Bobak! Background: Ironclad is one of the few Neo Geo CD exclusives, a shame considering its also one...
  5. aria

Ganryu Review

US Title: Ganryu Japanese Title: Musashi Ganryuki By: Visco Year: 1999 Size: 178 Megs Home Release? No MVS Release? Yes CD Release? No A Tender-Hearted Review by Bobak! Additional Screenshots Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you the first "green" Neo Geo...
  6. aria

Fatal Fury 2 Review

US Title: Fatal Fury 2 Japanese Title: Garou Densetsu 2: Arata-naru Tatakai By: SNK Year: 1992 Size: 106 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes Fatal Fury 2: A Take 2 Review by Bobak! [This is my second, briefer review of FF2 after an accident obliterated...
  7. aria

Eight Man Review

US Title: Eight Man Japanese Title: 8 Man By: Pallas Year: 1991 Size: 46 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes Eight Man: A Game that Begat a Revival? by Bobak! Eight Man is based off a Japanese cartoon series from the 60s. 56 thirty-minute episodes of...
  8. aria

Fatal Fury Review

US Title: Fatal Fury Japanese Title: Garou Densetsu By: SNK Year: 1991 Size: 55 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes Fatal Fury: A Thorough Review by Bobak! Background: The game that started it all, Fatal Fury was SNK's first foray into the fighting...
  9. aria

Cyber-Lip Review

US Title: Cyber-Lip Japanese Title: Cyber-Lip By: SNK Year: 1990 Size: 50 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes Cyber Lip: Historical Revisionism by Bobak! Background: Contra.. All credit to Konami, its been almost 15 years since their legendary shooter...
  10. aria

Crossed Swords Review

US Title: Crossed Swords Japanese Title: Crossed Swords By: ADK Year: 1991 Size: 50 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes Crossed Swords: A Quick Review of an Original Title by Bobak! Crossed Swords was the Neo Geo's second attempt at the action-RPG (Riding...
  11. aria

Bust-A-Move Review

US Title: Bust-A-Move Japanese Title: Puzzle Bobble By: Taito Year: 1994 Size: 32 Megs Home Release? No MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes Ports? 3DO, Game Gear, SNES Bust-A-Move: Bust this Review with Bobak! Back in 1986, Taito brought out Bubble...
  12. aria

Burning Fight Review

US Title: Burning Fight Japanese Title: Burning Fight By: SNK Year: 1991 Size: 54 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes Burning Fight: A Singeing Review by Bobak! So, what is Burning Fight? It's a Neo Geo game, yes. But what is it all about? Is it a game...
  13. aria

The death of Trayvon Martin

Sorry, Wasabi, but when you're willing to say stuff like this you come off as completely stupid: I'm pretty embarrassed you're an attorney. It's bad enough I have to prove to people you passed the bar or even graduated from law school, but this stuff... :oh_no:
  14. aria

Dashcam thread (or why I will never drive with Mikhail)

Driver in Colorado got caught in the middle of a flash flood/mudslide--didn't get killed and the footage is great (he happened to be the videographer of a local paper going to capture footage): [direct link] Article...
  15. aria

Dashcam thread (or why I will never drive with Mikhail)

Here's alternate footage of this crash when it happened, pretty spectacular: [direct link]