More ebay bitching

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
What is it with assholes not including the break-away cables for Xbox controllers?

What the fuck? How often did morons lose those things?

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
It's surprisingly common. There is no explanation for it. :-/

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
38$ shipped new for a black one? they've come down a fair bit...official wireless 360 controllers usually didn't come with a charging cable?

I know nothing about the xbox, sorry if off topic.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
38$ shipped new for a black one? they've come down a fair bit...official wireless 360 controllers usually didn't come with a charging cable?

I know nothing about the xbox, sorry if off topic.

He's talking original Xbox. Had a breakaway cord so it wouldn't break a port or knock the console onto the ground when you tripped on it. Though to be honest...it's so heavy I'm not sure that's even feasible!

MuppeT

War Room Troll
He's talking original Xbox. Had a breakaway cord so it wouldn't break a port or knock the console onto the ground when you tripped on it. Though to be honest...it's so heavy I'm not sure that's even feasible!

It is most probably the other way around :keke: Cable breaks away so you don't trip and break your face.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
It is most probably the other way around :keke: Cable breaks away so you don't trip and break your face.

Nah dude. Those break aways saved my xbox1 many times from people over.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
they separate them so they can charge an extra $10 to sell the breakaway to you.

fun side story:

at a convention last year there was a guy running a booth across from mine. His whole deal was to take whole CIB games/ consoles/ accessories/ etc... and part them out at his table. Separate prices for book, box, inserts, blow ins, and carts. Even had extra game baggies for sale. He comes over to me at the end of the show and notices some of my loose game boy games. He holds up a ziplock baggie of 20 game boy game cases (the ones that the games come in). About half of them are super yellowed. He asks if I want them. I say "sure". He asks for an offer. I say "i dunno? 5 bucks?". Dude scoffs at me and says he needs at least $5 per case in the bag and that this is the going ebay rate. I passed on the offer and told him they have no real value to me and i would just give them away to people who bought my games because thats how they came and thats how they should come when I can make that happen. He told me I had no idea what I was doing, and left.

I lol'd.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
they separate them so they can charge an extra $10 to sell the breakaway to you.

fun side story:

at a convention last year there was a guy running a booth across from mine. His whole deal was to take whole CIB games/ consoles/ accessories/ etc... and part them out at his table. Separate prices for book, box, inserts, blow ins, and carts. Even had extra game baggies for sale. He comes over to me at the end of the show and notices some of my loose game boy games. He holds up a ziplock baggie of 20 game boy game cases (the ones that the games come in). About half of them are super yellowed. He asks if I want them. I say "sure". He asks for an offer. I say "i dunno? 5 bucks?". Dude scoffs at me and says he needs at least $5 per case in the bag and that this is the going ebay rate. I passed on the offer and told him they have no real value to me and i would just give them away to people who bought my games because thats how they came and thats how they should come when I can make that happen. He told me I had no idea what I was doing, and left.

I lol'd.

:lolz:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

fun side story:

I lol'd.

What a cunt.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just point at the trash can as your counteroffer. XD

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Ebay is shit.

Was trying to buy a yugioh card, add it to my cart and it stated "buyer is currently in process of buying this". Googled that and it just means the checkout system is glitched. I pm'd the seller stating I was interested in it, so he relists it like 6 hours later and by the time i come back it was sold.

Did him a favor and he couldn't even hold it for me, yay.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wow you are a total faggot for trying to be a yugioh card

Jojo part 2 is the best jojo though

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
A vast majority of the the used gaming market is pure shit...and the assholes that are in it are either morons or scumbags.

You have a large group of price gougers wanting 10 times the worth of an item that just sit and wait from some moron to come along and buy it...more often that not, because they simply do not know better. Th problem is, their asking prices confuse other market-ignorant people into thinking that is actual value...

I will never buy another item from ebay (and haven't for years)...but if I did...I would be insanely careful to read every fine detail of the sale. Fucking item sales are like buying a house anymore with all of the fine print...

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I think what annoys me the most is when people use Ebay as a price point. Like they just see the listing price and think that's what it must be worth even though nothing has sold. Not to mention they don't take into consideration Ebay is taking a piece of that fee. But on the other hand, people ARE paying that price with the fee so it really pisses me off when uninformed buyers just come buy and buy shit because everyone else thinks the game or whatever is good. There's a lot of people buying shit lately just to collect stuff that is popular and named by others as good games, never playing them and just setting them up on shelves just to grow their e-peen a couple of inches. Sucks for people that actually want to use them.

$7 Shipped homie

http://www.amazon.com/MADCATZ-MOV4545-REPLACEMENT-BREAKAWAY-CABLE/dp/B00009W5WB/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1423490866&sr=8-6&keywords=xbox+controller+cable

Still shitty that they didnt include it with your controller, hope you leave that fucker some neg feedback. Assuming he did it on purpose.

Nice! I needed a couple.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think what annoys me the most is when people use Ebay as a price point. Like they just see the listing price and think that's what it must be worth even though nothing has sold. Not to mention they don't take into consideration Ebay is taking a piece of that fee. But on the other hand, people ARE paying that price with the fee so it really pisses me off when uninformed buyers just come buy and buy shit because everyone else thinks the game or whatever is good. There's a lot of people buying shit lately just to collect stuff that is popular and named by others as good games, never playing them and just setting them up on shelves just to grow their e-peen a couple of inches. Sucks for people that actually want to use them.

Nice! I needed a couple.

Yes...ebay permanently fucked up the used game market (as well as other used markets).

I know for a fact if ruined all of my local pawn-shop haunts. Nearly all of the them stopped pricing their shit and would just:

Go to www.ebay.com-->search item name-->click "highest price"-->tell me that's what they want for it.

I finally had enough and stopped going.

Like you said...no one factors in all of the shit an ebay transaction adds to something. If you have a $20 item and actually want $20 out of it...I would have to do $20+18% because by the time Ebay took their 15% and Paypal took their 3%, to get my actual $20, I had to jack it up.

Some morons will take that $20 game and pop it on ebay for $35 BIN and let it rot waiting for some goofball to come along an buy it. It's these assholes and their stupid prices that pawn shop morons will use as a ground floor for pricing.

Another issue is the "law of accumulation". Using simple math, if an item changes hands on ebay again and again ...it will eventually skyrocket in price. $20 + 20% = $24. $24 + 20% = $28.80. $28.80 + 20% = $34.56....and so on and so forth...if each buyer wants out of the item what they have in it, it will grow in price.

In a short period of time, a $20 game could be changing hands for $48 simply because of stacked ebay fees...

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Yup, this happens here at local "retro" shops. They have a bin here with a bunch of Nes carts, when you bring them to the counter and ask how much, the guy did an about-face with the computer screen completely visible by me, and checked Ebay and quoted me. I just got out of there, all the stuff was in really bad shape. He's still here at the mall doing it too.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Yup, this happens here at local "retro" shops. They have a bin here with a bunch of Nes carts, when you bring them to the counter and ask how much, the guy did an about-face with the computer screen completely visible by me, and checked Ebay and quoted me. I just got out of there, all the stuff was in really bad shape. He's still here at the mall doing it too.

Had that happen when I asked about the High end sega saturn games behind the glass (which they obviously bought from feebay). All the working design games and panzer dragoon. I lol'd when I asked the employee what the price was and he mispronounced it as Painzer dragoon, and quoted 300ish.

I could get it a lot cheaper on feebay and it was still there a year later.

Also feebay fucked up my goodwill hunts, now they have a "professional price expert" who thinks a gameboy color is $25 or a nintendo 64 bare console no av or power is 30+

ps fuck you dot games

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I use to enjoy going to yard sales and flea markets hunting for dealz on stuff.

That was until a couple years ago when I ran into this assclown:

Me: How much for the SNES?
Him: Well, these go for $60 on ebay.
/Me looks around
Me: This isn't ebay. It's the parking lot of a fleamarket.
Him: I still want $60.

I still have no idea where the fuck the guy was getting his prices. Unless he felt his loose SNES was worth the same as a tested unit with several good games. I dunno.

edit: I just did a quick look on ebay and it looks like they are worth that much now. haha fuckebayandgougers

Last edited:

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Honestly I don't see the problem as eBay but more the majority of the retro gamers themselves. There are just too many people with more money than brains and do not take the time to research actual value within communities like this. The vast majority of the people out there buying this shit either have no clue what it is worth or would rather just throw money at people to get what they want (i see this more than the first). These are the types of people that would pay sticker price for a new car or pay Jiffy lube a huge markup for a new air filter/unnecessary services.

They simply see/hear something and assume its how it is with little to no fact checking to make sure it is actually right. Hell, console modding is another example of this. I would say at least 60% of the customers I have provided services for cared very little about the cost of my work. I could have charged them a 100%+ markup and they would not even have cared. I have even rambled off Star Trek style technobable that no one in their right mind would believe regardless of technical knowledge and people STILL buy it and are willing to pay absurd amounts for it (of course I let them know I was joking and don't actually do that too them). People like this are the ones that keep price gougers in business. These types of people treat buying games/hardware no differently. Collectors/retro gamers just don't question shit anymore and they are fed bullshit information from other blogs/videos which are made by tards that are just as clueless as they are. Its the blind leading the blind being led by the dishonest.

The retro gaming and collecting scene has quickly become a downward spiral of greed, stupidity, and misinformation where the greedy prey upon those that don't know better or just don't care. eBay's only sin in this case is it gives the ass hats that would take advantage of people a central location to look up artificially inflated prices. If eBay did not exist I am sure these people would find another source to do this with because that is just how they are. As long as there are ignorant and careless people to feed off of this downward spiral will continue. The best way to slow this process is to educate those around you. Unfortunately that's a damn near impossible task when the people furthering the decline are the majority and are already set in their ways.

P.S. I use eBay a lot and still manage to get decent deals on it. They key is educating yourself on what stuff should cost and waiting for properly priced items to appear. Sadly most people buying this crap tend to have a super itchy trigger finger and those dollar bills are burning a hole in their pocket. Everyone just needs to slow down, think things over, and realize that 99% of the time the object you want will come around again so don't be that douche that starts a bid war to artificially add value to items.

Last edited: