Trying to pick a color for my CMVS

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
ok, almost done with my CMVS, trying to pick out a color. I know classic red is nice, anything else look good on a CMVS?

bwyp.jpg

nvkv.jpg

wn19.jpg

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
yeah thats pretty cool... even if you went for white text on the original red it would look better :)

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
My .02 on the paint. Go wild with it! all your color swaps are just to bland! the last one looks alright but it reminds me of the arcade sticks that use the same scheme.

Crazy idea, base coat it white with 2 or 3 layers. Hit it with MVS red or as close as you can to it. Apply any artwork you want (vynal, stickers, hand drawn sharpie art work, ect). Hit up glowinc.com and pick up some glow powder to mix in with the clear and apply 2-12 coats!

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Couple more designs, Black and gold is pretty basic, little more design on the red one

5zod.jpg

le5l.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
OK here is an updated concept.

7yob.jpg

I like this way more than that last red one you put up
Neo_Geo_Logo.png

maybe just one those instead of all the text though? its more fun?
the pinstripes should wrap too? maybe thick with the same yellow then thin in the blue? trans blue for the base if you don't have it yet? not sure whats real in the pic?

oh well.

Last edited:

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
ok I got a deal with a local shop to have it powdercoated red - they already have a customer painting red so better deal for me. So thoughts on the red design(s)? For now I am putting down a red base coat so I can have the additional logos etc silk screened or vinyled.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Red huh? Go with soviet flag! In soviet russia, NAM-1975 plays a whole lot different....

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Duo-R - IMO simpler is better - Especially for something sitting in your entertainment center, it doesn't take much to make that recognizably Neo. Less clutter and the logos don't need to be the size of Detroit.

Teal and pink. Go AEShole.

I'm doing black and the triple pink stripe on my 2 slot cover I got off Foxey.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
All good tips thanks

Duo-R - IMO simpler is better - Especially for something sitting in your entertainment center, it doesn't take much to make that recognizably Neo. Less clutter and the logos don't need to be the size of Detroit.

I'm doing black and the triple pink stripe on my 2 slot cover I got off Foxey.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yeah, I'd go rather simple too. But I must say that black/gold one looks very hot (logos should be smaller though) - maybe you could do that with red/white or red/black? You have taste bro.

I think I'm going to go with a black/pink design for a stick that I'm building and if that turns out nice I'll maybe do the same design when I get the cover of my 2slot done. I have a Volcom Zipper I bought some years ago that has a nice blocky, sorta abstract scheme to it that "inspired" me for that.

Here's a quick pic because I couldn't find it online anymore. Maybe you get some ideas out of it too ^^

(ignore the colors, my camera sucks)

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Thanks for the comments and ideas so far, all well received. Here is the latest version:

nc1s.jpg

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
For me less is more.

If you want big stickers then that's cool for you. Yep the stripes look cool and in style of a cab is a nice idea.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I am beginning to think that black would work better in the entertainment center instead of this bright red machine. Yes your right it would be cool to have an arcade look, but I also don't want this think to stick out so much in there.

We will see haha..... black can be kind of boring, I'm finishing up the sanding of the cover tonight and headed to the shop tomorrow.

Last edited: