Trying to pick a color for my CMVS

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Couple more designs, Black and gold is pretty basic, little more design on the red one

5zod.jpg

Nah, that black and gold is BOSS! "Big Tymer" Edition CMVS:mr_t:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
i would go with just plain black with blue or gold led's.

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Red with the white stripes.... But if you look at an original control panel the white stripes get progressively bigger.... Do like that!

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
I am beginning to think that black would work better in the entertainment center instead of this bright red machine. Yes your right it would be cool to have an arcade look, but I also don't want this think to stick out so much in there.

We will see haha..... black can be kind of boring, I'm finishing up the sanding of the cover tonight and headed to the shop tomorrow.

but don't you want people to come over and go "hey wtf is that?" red will get that kind of attention ;)

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I am beginning to think that black would work better in the entertainment center instead of this bright red machine. Yes your right it would be cool to have an arcade look, but I also don't want this think to stick out so much in there.

We will see haha..... black can be kind of boring, I'm finishing up the sanding of the cover tonight and headed to the shop tomorrow.

Make black not boring, do legit gloss black - after 10 rounds of wet-sanding and re-spraying, throwing fits, re-sanding and spraying - then buffing a few times - it will be the most treasured item you ever painted.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
ok, I went with red. Please don't tell me to paint it blue, or black.....etc. It's done! =)

Here it was prior to being powdercoated:

3ko2.jpg

and then professionally powdercoated:

ja81.jpg

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
ok man thanks....i'll start stripping the paint tonight and have it coated again tomorrow!

=) Thanks man, it was hard to choose but I went for it. Blue was another one that I considered tho.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Just powder coat blue over it and you will have blurple! May I ask why the power switch on the rear? And is that the round button style with the power indicator on the front? If so where did you get it and how did you get it to work? I found the round button with lighted ring on sparkfun and that was the only place I could find one that was 5v!

Last edited:

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
did the power switch on the back for a "cleaner" look, original plan was to have it on the front. It's illuminated, it is actually a 12V switch but works just fine with 5V. I just had to test with an ohmmeter to figure out how to get it to light up and power when pressed int.

I got it off ebay, search "angel eye blue or red power switch" you should be able to find it.

Just powder coat blue over it and you will have blurple! May I ask why the power switch on the rear? And is that the round button style with the power indicator on the front? If so where did you get it and how did you get it to work? I found the round button with lighted ring on sparkfun and that was the only place I could find one that was 5v!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
that looks nice, pretty good work on the outputs/switch also. Looking forward to what it will look like when you're done!

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
the next one =)

OK it's all wired up in the new shell, I have disconnects so the board can be separated from the cover pretty easy in the event I need to do upgrades /repairs. I just need to tap 5V for my encoder.

New LEDs on the way and should be good.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
don't put too many LEDs in there... get's annoying real quick and tbh doesn't look all that great. I prefer 0 additional to the one already/originally on the board. ;)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

Why use such a cheap DIN connector on the back? I am assuming that's a 8 pin din for RGB?

You could at least rear panel mount it so it looks cleaner, or use one of these:

photo.JPG

These run about $8 to $10 each, but look much cleaner when mounted and will hold up far, FAR better than those cheapy 50 cent 8 pin dins everyone likes using.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I like the wood grain. Add some gold NEO-GEO Lettering and it will look like an Goldie cab.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Because its not somewhere I wanted to spend more and I had the other connectors handy.

Why use such a cheap DIN connector on the back? I am assuming that's a 8 pin din for RGB?

You could at least rear panel mount it so it looks cleaner, or use one of these:

photo.JPG

These run about $8 to $10 each, but look much cleaner when mounted and will hold up far, FAR better than those cheapy 50 cent 8 pin dins everyone likes using.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Ok I internalized a CSY2100. Still can't get the colors adjusted the way I want. Not bad but I just ordered a Neobitz so will compare the two. Thanks Xian Xi for all the help. This ones coming to an end! :-)

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Well took a long break from this, it was pretty much done but I upgraded the video encoder to a Neobitz and did a few final touches. It's almost done.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Huge thanks to Xian Xi from Jamma Nation X, could not have done this without his help!