New DavidG special - Jockey GP

TonK

Least Valuable Player
lol, there was one guest viewing this thread and like 3 members. I post one time and here we go.

You sick fucks will never let go of me, it's like Titanic up in here.

Anyone want to know how it feels to be the most imposing character in this scene?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
But how is it my responsibility to pay people back who took a gamble?

How was it a gamble? The games were presented as the real thing. Just enough were made so the hardcore collectors would fall over themselves to buy it in fear of missing out. Thats the very definition of a scam. A gamble is me putting money in the slots on a Saturday night, not this.

Why is it so hard for you to just pay the buyers back your cut? What work did you do besides a few emails and a trip to the airport? If I was in your shoes I would rather sleep on a soft pillow knowing at least I did all I could to right the wrong. Even if not all the buyers have complained, show some initiative and at least fix your part of this debacle.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
but why? The only person who demanded money from Tonk was Chamane - but for what though? For Tonk's trip to Pittsburgh to meet waku7 for the game to be inspected? Tonk was given many assurances from David that he worked for SNK, and that the game was the real deal. Even chamane didn't question this fully until PS2 was released. Most of the buyers were perfectly content to believe in the hype before that. How does Tonk carry high scrutiny? Tonk offered a service and came through on his part. Forcing him to pay back his fee would be like forcing the airline to refund the cost of waku7's ticket. It's not like Tonk twisted anyone's arm to sell the game.

Chamane and Simone claim I forced him.

It's pointless to post anything further. I know I have my haters. They LOVED jumping on that bandwagon of hate.

Must burn their asses to see me coming back up to the top again.

Thanks to you and others for the support. Some people don't have a genuine reason to make demands of me, just that envy they've been hanging on to for years.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
How was it a gamble? The games were presented as the real thing. Just enough were made so the hardcore collectors would fall over themselves to buy it in fear of missing out. Thats the very definition of a scam. A gamble is me putting money in the slots on a Saturday night, not this.

Why is it so hard for you to just pay the buyers back your cut? What work did you do besides a few emails and a trip to the airport? If I was in your shoes I would rather sleep on a soft pillow knowing at least I did all I could to right the wrong. Even if not all the buyers have complained, show some initiative and at least fix your part of this debacle.

Come on man. I'm not gonna do this with you,

I flew across the country, made a few trips to airports, met people and other shit.

I was the middle man. That's it. End of game.

I don't hate you. You've asked questions you don't understand - but really think this through.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
lol, there was one guest viewing this thread and like 3 members. I post one time and here we go.

You sick fucks will never let go of me, it's like Titanic up in here.

Anyone want to know how it feels to be the most imposing character in this scene?

I feel you in your other posts, but this one makes you look like Chris Ray, who would brag about posting in threads and getting the most views. Don't be that guy. Just come, say your piece, and post info when you can. Even if you disagree with somebody, or if somebody is being confrontational, just ignore them. It's certainly not the time to start arguments with the mob.

theMot

10 Year Member
but why? The only person who demanded money from Tonk was Chamane - but for what though? For Tonk's trip to Pittsburgh to meet waku7 for the game to be inspected? Tonk was given many assurances from David that he worked for SNK, and that the game was the real deal. Even chamane didn't question this fully until PS2 was released. Most of the buyers were perfectly content to believe in the hype before that. How does Tonk carry high scrutiny? Tonk offered a service and came through on his part. Forcing him to pay back his fee would be like forcing the airline to refund the cost of waku7's ticket. It's not like Tonk twisted anyone's arm to sell the game.

Why do people have to ask for a refund? If Tonk is a man of such high morals as he says he is then he should just refund his cut without having to be hounded like this.

As I said, besides a few emails/calls and trip to the airport how is he out of pocket? It's not like he invested 20k worth of materials here and stands to lose something if he refunded them.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I feel you in your other posts, but this one makes you look like Chris Ray, who would brag about posting in threads and getting the most views. Don't be that guy. Just come, say your piece, and post info when you can. Even if you disagree with somebody, or if somebody is being confrontational, just ignore them. It's certainly not the time to start arguments with the mob.

Come on Wes, you know I'm baiting.

Plus, fuck the mob. It's been a year. If they can't see past their hate, fuck em. I dealt with enough shit.

(I am getting thread views tho)

Last edited:

theMot

10 Year Member
Come on man. I'm not gonna do this with you,

I flew across the country, made a few trips to airports, met people and other shit.

I was the middle man. That's it. End of game.

I don't hate you. You've asked questions you don't understand - but really think this through.

I don't hate you either Tonk :D

You would be out of pocket a little, sure. but your cut was probably somewhere between 20-30k. Pretty good return on investment there!!!!

Do the right thing mate, at least put 5k towards cancer reseach like Chamane suggested. :)

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I don't hate you either Tonk :D

You would be out of pocket a little, sure. but your cut was probably somewhere between 20-30k. Pretty good return on investment there!!!!

Don't the right thing mate, at least put 5k towards cancer reseach like Chamane suggested. :)

Do you guys want the truth of where some of the money went? (It was my money spent, but I knew I had the game money in reserve.)

It's a very personal thing for me. Only a few members know what happened.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Honestly if it is a personal thing then no I don't think it is something that would be any good to come out. I don't see that where the money went is part of the issue. Also, I think info like that would only be misused by people who are seriously down on you.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Why do people have to ask for a refund? If Tonk is a man of such high morals as he says he is then he should just refund his cut without having to be hounded like this.

As I said, besides a few emails/calls and trip to the airport how is he out of pocket? It's not like he invested 20k worth of materials here and stands to lose something if he refunded them.

If you willingly purchase something with the explicit knowledge that in the event of a refund, you're not getting a certain percent, then how can that be anybody's fault but yours? The cart had zero way to be verified that it ever existed at one point. There were rumors of seeing it in a store, but no pictures or documentation to substantiate those claims. When they bought the carts, they were going strictly on one guy's story. They knew this. They also knew that Tonk's % was NON refundable. DavidG is the person that refunds. Refunding the cost of the game, minus Tonk's part, was just a way of transferring heat to Tonk (and it worked).

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Honestly if it is a personal thing then no I don't think it is something that would be any good to come out. I don't see that where the money went is part of the issue. Also, I think info like that would only be misused by people who are seriously down on you.

In April of last year when I flew to Florida to sell a copy of Aero Fighters 3, I met up with John Thacker. Earlier that day, the same day I got to Florida for a vacation with my family, I got a phone call that my cousins baby may be born with Down's and that he had a hole in his heart the size of a quarter.

I talked to John about it on my father in laws porch.

A lot of fund raisers and countless hours doing whatever we could... he was born in August and immediately went into surgery.

He held on for a month and a half before he died.

It was one of the worst moments in my life.

theMot

10 Year Member
If you willingly purchase something with the explicit knowledge that in the event of a refund, you're not getting a certain percent, then how can that be anybody's fault but yours? The cart had zero way to be verified that it ever existed at one point. There were rumors of seeing it in a store, but no pictures or documentation to substantiate those claims. When they bought the carts, they were going strictly on one guy's story. They knew this. They also knew that Tonk's % was NON refundable. DavidG is the person that refunds. Refunding the cost of the game, minus Tonk's part, was just a way of transferring heat to Tonk (and it worked).

All good points, all true.

Then the shit storm went down.

To fix what has happened since Tonk could at least redeem himself with a selfless act of goodwill and refund his part.

To overcome a problem it takes a higher level of thinking than what caused it in the first place to solve it. Be a man Tonk, right the wrong.

TonK

Least Valuable Player

Which I think David shouldn't have refunded Chamane - but if he didn't, how would he still be selling stuff through Shawn?

Some kind of backdoor deal was reached between Shawn, Chamane and David. I'll never know.

But if David was refunding, he should have refunded the ENTIRE amount.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
All good points, all true.

Then the shit storm went down.

To fix what has happened since Tonk could at least redeem himself with a selfless act of goodwill and refund his part.

To overcome a problem it takes a higher level of thinking than what caused it in the first place to solve it. Be a man Tonk, right the wrong.

I righted the wrong in a lot of ways. I talked to every buyer after Chamane stepped forward. None of them blamed me or asked for anything. Can you tell me why you feel I need to bother them now and return my middleman fees because of one crybaby buyer?

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Sweet christ. You guys gotta lay off the statue. If it brings him joy, who gives a fuck how much he paid for it? It's his cash and he's getting his moneys worth.

I find it's weird that no one has latched onto the large payment to an outside company paid by TonK on DavidG's behalf. David obviously has an extensive counterfeiting/bootlegging operation. Based on the figure alone. Regardless whether that cash was paying for service, or purchasing product; it was a significant amount of whatever it was. That's not small fry shit.

Going further, DavidG has successfully detached himself from every aspect of the financials of this operation; except through two single points. TonK and now Shawn. There's no way for any sort of fraud charges to stick because he's so detached. A "He said, She said" situation has been deliberately crafted, so I'd venture to guess DavidG has been through this style rodeo before. And he knows his shit. That takes time. Alot of it. Dude may not be a long time Neo bootlegger, but he has been through the loops with other systems previously. I'd bet money on it. Someone knows this dude already, and his story.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
And Spoon.

It's none of my business, really.
I don't think you're a scammer and I'm not part of anyone's posse...otherwise I would have piled on you back when everyone else wanted to tear a strip out of your ass.

I don't know what the answer is at this point....on one hand, this guy can blow 120k on something that merely interests him....but on the other hand, the 5k you made was by exploiting a weakness in someone...however dumb that weakness may have been.

Lets just say your rep will remain less than stellar in my books and I will apologise for the post (which like I said, doesn't involve/concern me anyway).

So this matter is closed as far as I'm concerned.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Sweet christ. You guys gotta lay off the statue. If it brings him joy, who gives a fuck how much he paid for it? It's his cash and he's getting his moneys worth.

I find it's weird that no one has latched onto the large payment to an outside company paid by TonK on DavidG's behalf. David obviously has an extensive counterfeiting/bootlegging operation. Based on the figure alone. Regardless whether that cash was paying for service, or purchasing product; it was a significant amount of whatever it was. That's not small fry shit.

Going further, DavidG has successfully detached himself from every aspect of the financials of this operation; except through two single points. TonK and now Shawn. There's no way for any sort of fraud charges to stick because he's so detached. A "He said, She said" situation has been deliberately crafted, so I'd venture to guess DavidG has been through this style rodeo before. And he knows his shit. That takes time. Alot of it. Dude may not be a long time Neo bootlegger, but he has been through the loops with other systems previously. I'd bet money on it. Someone knows this dude already, and his story.

I agree with everything you said, especially the part about the company I laid out. If I was part of a scam, why would I give out a huge piece of the puzzle like that?

I wish some more vested people would find out what that place did for David.

He also wanted me to send money to China - he told me it was for old surplus military chips he uses in his converters.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

What ethics? I don't get this. It's not like Tonk wasn't 100% blatantly clear that there would be no refund.

Hey, maybe Tonk can make some bootlegs (*ahem* conversions) and sell them through Shawn to get the rest of Chamane's refund...or whatever.

I think the only way Tonk should donate 5k to charity is if Chamane does as well... y'know donate money on his own accord, not goad someone else into it like a twat.

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
- David supposedly let some members see his tax documents and a letter from SunSoft claiming that his Waku7 US was real.

Is the letter something that can be posted, since it should contain no personal info?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

Tonk did his part: he was the middleman. He came through on his part. He sent the games and facilitated the meeting between the buyers and DavidG, so they could ask all the questions they wanted. It was ultimately up to DavidG to prove their legitimacy. Why should Tonk refund the service he provided? Why aren't you directing this question toward DavidG? Tell DavidG to do the right thing. He was the one responsible for the burden of proof.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
It's none of my business, really.
I don't think you're a scammer and I'm not part of anyone's posse...otherwise I would have piled on you back when everyone else wanted to tear a strip out of your ass.

I don't know what the answer is at this point....on one hand, this guy can blow 120k on something that merely interests him....but on the other hand, the 5k you made was by exploiting a weakness in someone...however dumb that weakness may have been.

Lets just say your rep will remain less than stellar in my books and I will apologise for the post (which like I said, doesn't involve/concern me anyway).

So this matter is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly, I didn't exploit any weaknesses knowingly. I had in my hands what I thought was an extremely rare game.

The first person to buy the game saw it in person and was overwhelmed with happiness - he didn't rely on any report or anything. It was his choice. And he made it clear, if he thought the game was fake, he would have left it there.

He brought a few carts to compare it to. And I honestly told him I didn't know what to look for, but he assured me he did.

I asked him, "Do you think it's real?" His response "Very real."

I didn't exploit anyone. I let Waku7 hold the game in his hands and make his decision to take it or leave it. My brother was with me.

He was shocked at seeing it in person and was very happy.

I asked him if he thought it was real, he said yes.

I didn't exploit anyone. I also held the money until the buyers received the game and told me if they were cool with it or not.

They all were.

I asked THEM if they thought it was real. I don't know a whole bunch about homecarts.

It's really NOT my fault.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Is the letter something that can be posted, since it should contain no personal info?

I never saw it.

If I did, I'd post it up.

If someone has a copy, wants to mail it to me, I will keep you anonymous and post it up.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Not that it matters, but I don't care about the money. My only gripe is how Tonk has conducted himself upon his return. Now I poked fun at him a few times over the last few months, but I would have done that for anyone.

I think I've made my opinion that does not matter clear well enough by now so I'm done with that.

Also I kind of like the statue. I wouldn't pay that much for it but if I saw one at a yard sale for like 20 dollars or so I would maybe buy it, but I would try to talk them down to 15 dollars first.