What arcade stick do you own?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
20160229_213257_zpspqinchod.jpg

Krizzy stick is ps3, sharingan is ps2, and the tekken stick is my friends I'm modding for him. All are t5 sticks with art plexis. I can't stand 8 button sticks

Preach on!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Tried to find an arcade stick for ps4 but unfortunately nobody wants to sell me one. So act like a noob to get expensive shit from eBay...............
image.jpeg

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I'm torn between the VLX and Virtua Stick High Grade.

I've wanted a VSHG for about 8 years, I think I'm ready to pull the trigger... If I could find one!

The VLX is too big for my taste, but functionally superior and works on both consoles.

Decisions.

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
I've decided to go with one of these enclosures and order my own HAPP buttons and stick to put in it and connect it with a bastardized NEOGEO extension cable.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I'm torn between the VLX and Virtua Stick High Grade.

I've wanted a VSHG for about 8 years, I think I'm ready to pull the trigger... If I could find one!

The VLX is too big for my taste, but functionally superior and works on both consoles.

Decisions.

VSHG is so sexy though. There was a guy not to long ago asking interest in shipping vshg in from japan. Not sure if its still going or not. Might check it out if all else fails
was shoryuken i believe

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I've decided to go with one of these enclosures and order my own HAPP buttons and stick to put in it and connect it with a bastardized NEOGEO extension cable.

are you planning on doing any work to the enclosure? Hope those corners are sanded down or coated, look like it would be uncomfortable if not.
But yeah, cool little setup otherwise. you could even throw in another pcb to use it on other systems. ps360+ or something

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Yeah the VLX are just beautiful, although i might switch the panels in the future. Here are my stick collection.

20150926_173359_zps7drsjgvw.jpg

My VLX collection, im not sure if im going to pick up the new one that just came out, heard the build quality wasn't as good.

DSC_0366_zpshaywgzix.jpg

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
are you planning on doing any work to the enclosure? Hope those corners are sanded down or coated, look like it would be uncomfortable if not.
But yeah, cool little setup otherwise. you could even throw in another pcb to use it on other systems. ps360+ or something

Yeah, I'll definitely put T-molding on them.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
df096725e58b89d3bf571cab66aa3a74.jpg

Custom stick I built from scratch several years ago.

Has a wireless xbox360 controller pcb. Plus I added a connector for NEOGEO play also.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Ive always wanted to make a custom stick. But i would basically end up making a wooden version of the hrap1 case, and that would be heavy lol. Plus i never had the workspace to do a custom. i should make it a point to complete one just for the sake of trying it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I just ordered an enclosure from them about a week and a half ago. Getting antsy as all my parts are here, and I am currently controller-less. How long did it take to get yours?

Art's turnaround time is usually 7-10 days not including the shipping time. It's worth the wait though, as his stuff is excellent andreally feels made to order. I wish I had gone with a few of these enclosures now that I see them done. They look slick.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I think turn around time might be alittle longer right now. Heard art was hammered with orders. Someone in another forum was trying to source a plexi because art games him a 2+ week turnaround. Maybe the more expensive stuff like the enclosures get priority i dont know. I thought about getting one, but im a Seimitsu man for life , and last time i checked art was only catering to the Coca Cola of sticks the JLF

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Seimitsu being pepsi I'd imagine...

Best stick for me is the Super IL, no longer in production. Then JLW is pretty slick, better than any LS32. All 3 stick models share the microswitch leaves which are pretty awesome. Something about the JLF though, that engineering is pretty slick, no leaves, but the feel of the JLF with an octagonal gate, it just can't be replicated. I like that clickyness, it keeps me sharp, lol.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
better than any LS32. .
Yo, i told you about the LS32 in private, cant be walking around talking shit about it like that man. lol
I can play on the JLF, no issue, its a good stick. But my Favorite has been the LS32 for a long time now, until recently the released the LS38 which is a LS32 with a stiffer spring. Its like heaven to me. But coming from the LS38 now, the LS32 feels kinda loose, and playing with a JLF feels loose butthole af.
I agree with you on the JLW, that was the stick that was in most of the Tekken Tag 1 cabs in houston, i played that game like crazy so the JLW will always have a special place in my heart. First stick i ever wavedashed on.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Yo, i told you about the LS32 in private, cant be walking around talking shit about it like that man. lol
I can play on the JLF, no issue, its a good stick. But my Favorite has been the LS32 for a long time now, until recently the released the LS38 which is a LS32 with a stiffer spring. Its like heaven to me. But coming from the LS38 now, the LS32 feels kinda loose, and playing with a JLF feels loose butthole af.
I agree with you on the JLW, that was the stick that was in most of the Tekken Tag 1 cabs in houston, i played that game like crazy so the JLW will always have a special place in my heart. First stick i ever wavedashed on.

What about a JLF with a 2lb spring? That's my go to and I can't go back to anything else.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
The 2lb spring on the JLF feels pretty good too. I modded acouple of sticks and threw that in one of his jlfs and left the over stock. So if I ever come over i use the stiffer jlf. Thats on the rare occasion I come over without my stick that is. Doesnt/hasnt happened yet.
LS38 > LS32 > LS40 > LS56 > JLF 2lb > JLW > JLF > Everything else

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Are the ls32 still only terminal microswitches or have they finally wised up and used the 5 wire harness? I love Seimitsu buttons but I find that the older I get the more they make my hand cramp up.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The LS32s I had in my MVU4 had PCBs with harness and everything, that's an option.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, ls32-01 is the pcb version with harness the ls32 is the .187 fastner type. I use pcb version of all the sticks except for the ls32 and ls40 I'm running in my big red for obvious reason.
Sanwa buttons are really good but I really like seimitsu due to feel and the fact that I cant rest my fingers on them without activating as much.
My favorite is the ps-14-gnc buttons. It's just the gn body with the kn plungers. Both kn and gn use same switches

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
GRB? sanwa buttons are the crazy, awesome different feel, my favorite so far, noisy but I don't care.